Federer improved to 38-12

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 07.12.2018 07:13

Lille, France (SportsNetwork. Authentic Curtis Lazar Jersey .com) - The great Roger Federer added to his legacy by raising Switzerland to its first-ever Davis Cup title on Sunday when he whipped Frances Richard Gasquet in straight sets. Federer defeated Gasquet in 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 fashion to give the visiting Swiss an insurmountable 3-1 lead in the best-of-five tie on an indoor red clay surface at Lilles Pierre Mauroy Stadium. The final scheduled match of the weekend between Stan Wawrinka and Gael Monfils was abandoned on Sunday. The 17-time Grand Slam king Federer has now captured every coveted title in mens tennis, with the exception of an Olympic gold medal in singles. He paired with Wawrinka to win a gold medal in doubles at the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. Its not for me, Ive won enough in my career and did not need to tick any empty boxes, Federer said. Im just happy for everybody else. Im happy we could live a great tennis historic moment in our country. Federer pulled out of last weeks championship match at the prestigious ATP World Tour Finals in London because of a back injury, which appeared to slow him here on Friday, but not Sunday in Lille, where he would not be denied. The 33-year-old superstar was ultra clean on Day 3, striking seven aces, without committing a double fault, and breaking Gasquet five times, while not getting broken in the rout. The iconic Swiss struck 28 more winners in the 1- hour, 52-minute match (62-34), which ended with a backhand drop shot winner. Im happy I was able to stay calm and play a good match, and Im really happy for the guys in the team, everybody worked incredibly hard to get me match ready, Federer said. Stan has put in so much effort over the years and played an unbelievable weekend that gave me the opportunity today. Im very much aware of that, this one is for the boys. Federer improved to 38-12 in his career Davis Cup singles affairs. Switzerland headed into Sundays reverse singles with a 2-1 lead against the host French after Federer and Wawrinka teamed up for a straight-set doubles victory over Gasquet and Julien Benneteau on Saturday. The capable Gasquet replaced Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the French draw on Sunday. The former Australian Open runner-up Tsonga lost to this years Aussie champion Wawrinka in four sets in Fridays opening singles rubber, while Day 1s other match saw Monfils thrash the former world No. 1 and currently second-ranked Federer in straights. The Davis Cup, which was first contested in 1900, has been captured by France on nine occasions, while the Swiss were seeking that elusive maiden championship and became the 14th nation to do so. Switzerland finished as a runner-up back in 1992. The Swiss were captained by Severin Luthi, while the French were guided by former Aussie Open runner-up Arnaud Clement. Switzerland is now 3-10 all-time versus France in Davis Cup play. The two nations last met in a 2004 quarterfinal, which was won by the French. France was seeking its first title in 13 years. Authentic Mike Vernon Jersey . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Calgary Flames Outlet Store . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. http://www.cheapnhlflamesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-mike-smith-jersey . -- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice tweeted an apparent goodbye after a report about his pending release.TAMPA, Fla. -- The Toronto Maple Leafs faded out of post-season contention again. Ondrej Palat had two goals, Anders Lindback came off the bench to make 25 saves, and the Tampa Bay Lightning ended Torontos playoff hopes by beating the Maple Leafs 3-0 on Tuesday night. "Not in shock," Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said. "I guess the words to describe it would be extremely disappointed, shallow, embarrassed. All those things. I think we have more than what we were able to accomplish, and thats the most troubling issue here. "We just didnt find a way to compete to a level that was necessary." James Reimer stopped 31 shots for the Maple Leafs, who have lost 10 of 12. Toronto has missed the playoffs eight of the last nine seasons. "Obviously, this one hurts," Reimer said. "The bottom line, we werent good enough. I think that as a guy and as a team, you look in the mirror and you just have to accept that we werent good enough. A wise man once said that the playoffs dont let you in unless youre good enough. You dont sneak in there if you dont deserve it." The loss to Tampa Bay and Columbus overtime win over Phoenix sealed the Maple Leafs fate. "I actually didnt say anything (to the team) after because I was real disappointed, obviously, knowing that Columbus had won in overtime," Carlyle said. "They knew that after the game as well as I did, so it was a moot point going in and saying anything at this point. Well meet tomorrow and well talk tomorrow." Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop left with 14:17 left in the first due to an undisclosed upper-body injury. He was hurt while lunging to his left and landing on his side while attempting to glove the puck. Lindback replaced Bishop, who is 37-14-7 this season for the playoff-bound Lightnning. Cheap Calgary Flames Gear. Lightning coach Jon Cooper offered no specifics about Bishops injury. He did say Bishop will not play Thursday night against Philadelphia -- which was a scheduled game off -- and that plans to call up another goalie were already in the works before the injury. "Lets just wait and see what happens here," Cooper said. "No sense in speculating. Hes either going to be ready to go or hes not. Im really confident in what we have, especially after watching the performance tonight." Victor Hedman had an empty-net goal late in the third for the Lightning, who trail Montreal by two points for second place in the Atlantic Division. Bishop turned aside three shots before departing. Palat put the Lightning up 1-0 when he beat Reimer from the top of the left circle 9:19 into the second. Tampa Bay went up 2-0 during a power play when Palat, positioned near the post, scored after Steven Stamkos sent the puck off the boards behind the net with 4:15 left in the second. Lindback made a nifty glove save on Jake Gardiners shot late in the second. "Tonight wasnt a surprise for us that he came in and was huge," Hedman said. "He made those key saves when we needed him." NOTES: Lightning D Sami Salo left after two shifts in the second period with an undisclosed injury. ... Toronto C Dave Bolland (ankle) was scratched. The Maple Leafs were already without G Jonathan Bernier (knee) and RW Joffrey Lupul, who had what the team called successful arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday. ... Stamkos is the Lightning nominee for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy. ... Palat has three goals and six points during a four-game point streak. ... The Maple Leafs recalled RW Carter Ashton and G Drew MacIntyre from Toronto of the AHL. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com
Bill Walton

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz