David Legwand played almost 1,000 games in the NHL wearing jersey No.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 16.08.2018 02:30

David Legwand played almost 1,000 games in the NHL wearing jersey No. Hayden Hurst Jersey . 11 for the Nashville Predators. But when he signed with the Ottawa Senators this summer, he wasnt going to take his old number back even though it was technically available. Yeah, I mean Alfie wore it forever and its going to go into the rafters here one day as it should. Hes a phenomenal hockey player and its just something you just dont do as a hockey player. It never even crossed my mind, Legwand told me yesterday. Instead, Legwand is going to wear No. 17 for the Senators this season - the same number he wore when he joined the Detroit Red Wings for the final 21 games of the regular season last year. He probably would have taken jersey No. 11 with the Red Wings - except it was already being used by Alfredsson. Legwand says hes not a superstitious guy, but he chose No. 17 now because thats a jersey number he used to wear as a kid. But here in Ottawa, No. 17 hasnt brought a whole lot of luck to any forwards who have worn that sweater number in recent years. In fact, the last forward to wear No. 17 for the Senators for an entire season was Bill Muckalt, who infamously went the entire 2001-02 campaign without scoring a single goal in 70 games. Since then, Denis Hamel was the only other forward to wear No. 17, producing four goals in 43 games in the 2006-07 season when he was shuttled between Binghamton and Ottawa. (It should be noted that defenceman Filip Kuba wore the jersey for parts of four seasons in between). Looking at the last few forwards to wear No. 17 for the Senators, you will notice a distinct trend: Denis Hamel (2006-07): 4 goals in 43 games Bill Muckalt (2001-02): 0 goals in 70 games Eric Lacroix (2000-01) 0 goals in 9 games Colin Forbes (2000-01) 0 goals in 39 games Colin Forbes (1999-00) 2 goals in 45 games Chris Murray (1998-99): 1 goal in 38 games Thats a total of only seven goals scored in 244 games by forwards wearing this jersey number in the last 15 seasons. Or about one in every 35 games - which means if that curse continues, Legwand would score two - or maybe three - goals this season. However, the smart money is on Legwand having a nice offensive season for the Sens, considering he is coming off a 51-point season last year. Somewhere between 12-15 goals seems like a realistic target for Legwand, who will start the season on the Sens first power play unit. Thats a far cry from Muckalts 2001-02 season, when Roger Neilson - who coached the team for the final two regular season games - put him on the clubs top power play unit in the regular season finale in an attempt to buy Muckalt a goal. That strategy proved fruitless for Muckalt, but Paul MacLean seems very confident in Legwands ability to help the Senators power play. The Sens head coach likes the diversity of having some left-handed shots like Legwand and MacArthur on the first unit power play and believes that Legwand was a driving force in the Senators scoring five goals with the man-advantage in their final two pre-season games. I think David had a lot to do with getting it organized and having things done. Along with Erik, I think the two of them really took charge and said, Listen, heres what were going to do and they went on the ice and did it, MacLean said. Legwand will make his Sens debut on Thursday night in Nashville in a building he is very familiar with, having been the Predators first draft pick back in 1998. This will mark the first time hes been back in the city since the trade that sent him to Detroit on deadline day last spring, although he doesnt sound like he will be too emotional. Its weird going back. Getting traded at 2pm eastern time, I think I was out of there at 7pm and I havent been back since, Legwand told reporters yesterday. Its interesting - its kind of a chapter that is over in our lives and weve moved on. Willie Snead IV Jersey . Fielder ended 4-for-5 with a solo homer, while Avila was 4-for-4 with two runs scored for the Tigers, who put the brakes on a three-game skid and rebounded from a loss in Mondays opener. Victor Martinez and Austin Jackson both contributed two hits, an RBI and a run scored as Detroit maintained its healthy lead atop the AL Central. Kenny Young Jersey . Compared to what hes gone through in recent weeks, that seemed like a breeze. Speaking to The Associated Press on Friday at an NBA Cares event, Silver said hes thrilled that the leagues attention can be on the championship series between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs -- and not, as it was for so much of the post-season, on the off-the-court matters involving the banishment of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and now the looming sale of that franchise. http://www.ravensjerseyscheapauthentic.com/ravens-anthony-averett-black-jersey/ .com) - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was named the National League Player of the Month for April.The Als couldnt have found more polar opposites when hiring their new “coaching consultants.”? Don Matthews was, for a time, the winningest coach in CFL history, while Turk Schonert, the longtime NFL QB and assistant coach who went to two Super Bowls with the Bengals, had no idea so much motion was allowed pre-snap after attending Alouettes practice for the first time. “Just soaking it in, its strange for me to come in and watch football and be quiet and just observe,” admitted the 57-year old former 1980 NFL Draft pick, now head coach Tom Higgins designated “fly on the wall.” Matthews, a former Grey Cup Champion head coach with the Als in 2002, who spent time with the club last season and took great satisfaction in watching his prodigy Noel Thorpe contact high-risk high-reward blitzes worthy of “The Don.” Schonert was in the mix to join the Alouettes a year ago, having interviewed with GM Jim Popp and owner Robert Wetenhall for the teams head coaching position before the ill-fated hire of Dan Hawkins. His number one task at the moment is finding ways to help the struggling offense.? “Its not just the quarterback...hes talented,” Schonert pointed out.? “He (Troy Smith) was in the UFL when I wass coaching at Sacramento he was with Omaha. Custom Baltimore Ravens Jerseys. ?I know Bart Andrus (the former Argos head coach) and he said a lot of great things about Troy. “You know hes talented -- he won the Heisman Trophy, and you know about his athleticism, so Troy has to keep working and improving, but everybody around him has to keep working and believing.” Smith welcomes the new set of eyes, even if the first impression was coloured by the “fly on the wall” approach. “I was around him all day and he didnt say one word so it gives you an eerie feeling,” admitted the former Ohio State hero under fire in Montreal now that his passing efficiency rating has dropped to ninth in the league. Still, Higgins admitted Schonert didnt know about the 20-second play-clock pace the Als practice with in order to replicate game speed.? So how can a man with no CFL experience help a struggling starting QB? “Sounds like me,” Smith chuckled with an infectious laugh.? “Theres different things he brings to the table and hopefully hell help us out.” If Schonert isnt able to get Smith and the offence on track, former Als recently-retired greats Anthony Calvillo and Ben Cahoon are waiting in the wings for the opportunity. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

So Yeon Ryu shot a tournament-record nine-under-par 63 in the opening group in the first round of the Swinging Skirts LPGA Class
Tim Tebow walked off the practice field with no reporters blocking his path to the locker room. Finally, a few strolled up for a

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz