Here’s the catch: Brendan Langley reached a point

#1 von zhangzk , 16.09.2019 03:26

ENGLEWOOD Qadree Ollison Jersey , Colo. (AP) — where he would rather receive passes than pick them off.So, the Denver Broncos third-year player is calling an audible and going over to the other side — from cornerback to wide receiver.No offense, he just prefers offense.“It’s going well,” Langley said of learning the ropes at wideout after Monday’s organized team activities. “It’s not really a transition for me. It’s going back to my natural element.”Langley has long floated between DB and WR. During his high school days in Marietta, Georgia, he was a standout at both. At the University of Georgia, he was primarily a defensive back. After transferring to Lamar, he began as a receiver (catching a 20-yard TD pass against Baylor) before moving over to defense that season (he had an 86-yard interception return for a score against Incarnate Word). In his two seasons at Lamar, he finished with seven interceptions for 135 yards while hauling in four passes for 51 yards.Given his versatility and quickness (4.43 in the 40 dash), the Broncos drafted the cornerback during the third round in 2017 . His rookie season, Langley suited up in 11 games on special teams, which included a 61-yard kickoff return against the Los Angeles Chargers. Last season, Langley was cut out of camp before being quickly signed to the practice squad. He played in five games on special teams at the end of the season.Still Marquise Brown Jersey , he turned a few heads — on scout team. When the Broncos needed someone to mimic a fast wideout in practice, Langley was summoned into duty.“It felt natural,” the 6-foot, 199-pound Langley said. “There weren’t too many hiccups to the learning curve. It felt good.”At the exit interviews following the season, Langley brought his iPad with him for his meeting with Broncos boss John Elway. He wanted to convince Elway that receiver could be his best way to help the team.“I had the film from scout team. I had my numbers from high school when I was receiver,” recounted Langley, who now wears No. 12 instead of No. 27. “I was ready to do whatever I had to do to convince him to let me make that switch.“But then Mr. Elway smiled and said, ‘I was going to ask you the same thing.'”This offseason, Langley’s been working out in California and hauling in 500 passes a day. He also watches film of receivers to study their route running techniques.Anything to catch on. Anything to ease the conversion from one position to another.He’s also picking up pointers from Emmanuel Sanders, DaeSean Hamilton and Courtland Sutton, who actually know firsthand what Langley’s going through. Sutton said he started out as a safety at Southern Methodist before switching to receiver.“It’s rough,” said Sutton, who had 42 catches for 704 yards last season as a rookie. “Even coming out of college http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jaylon-ferguson-jersey , going into the league, I wasn’t fully fine-tuned to play this (receiver) position. For a guy who played receiver, moved to defense and then played defense when he first got into the league and is now making that transition to receiver while in the league, it’s tough. But he’s handling it really well. He’s learning as much as he possibly can, from everybody. He takes a little advice from everybody.”Langley is banking on his experience as a cornerback to give him a helping hand at receiver. There are small details that can betray a cornerback’s tendencies.“I can tell by a corner’s stance what he’s playing,” Langley said. “If he’s flat-footed, he’s in cover-2. With one foot back, he’s going to backpedal. I used to do those same things.”Now, he’s hoping his best defense just might make for good offense.“In defensive back drills, sometimes you go into the individual drills and they’re like, ‘We don’t need a ball,'” Langley said. “That felt awkward to me. I need a ball at all times.” OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens have started to put together a defense without cornerback Jimmy Smith Miles Boykin Jersey , who practiced Wednesday but won’t be eligible to play in a game until October.Smith has been suspended for the first four regular-season games without pay for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The suspension, announced Tuesday, came “following a long-running and difficult custody dispute” Smith had with his former girlfriend, the Ravens said.The 30-year-old Smith will be allowed to participate in all of the Ravens’ preseason activities, including games. Come September 9, however, Baltimore will open at home against Buffalo without arguably their best cover cornerback.Fortunately for the Ravens, they’re deep at the position. Also, they were forced to make a similar adjustment last season when Smith missed the final month with a torn left Achilles tendon.“It’s what I’ve been talking about all training camp. We have a lot of depth,” first-year defensive coordinator Don Martindale said Wednesday. “Some guys are just going to have to step up early. We’re still working on how we’re going to do that.”The final solution will probably remain under wraps until the season opener.“I’m not going to tell the rest of the league, especially Buffalo, how we’re going to it,” Martindale said. “We’ll just have to see. We’ve got plenty of players who can play.”Tavon Young is listed behind Smith on the depth chart at right cornerback. Young started 11 games in 2016 before missing last season with a knee injury.Before the Ravens considered what to do in Smith’s absence http://www.packerscheapshoponline.com/cheap-authentic-darnell-savage-jr.-jersey , the team discussed whether to bring him back at all.The Ravens were at the center of a domestic dispute in 2014 — one that led to the release of running back Ray Rice — and say they considered the circumstances surrounding Smith’s suspension before making a decision about his future with the team.Team officials say a meeting involving “a group of Ravens men and women executives” was convened before the organization determined that Smith could return after his suspension.“Jimmy has acknowledged his behaviors were wrong and accepts full responsibility for them,” the team said in a statement.Smith apologized for his actions in a separate statement conveyed through the team.After practice Wednesday, the Ravens did not make Smith, coach John Harbaugh or leading players of the defense available to the media.Martindale said: “It’s a serious matter. The organization had their statement and Jimmy had his. From the father/coach in me, I know there are mistakes made in life and he’s going to have to deal with it.”Seeking to end a run of three straight seasons without reaching the playoffs, the Ravens would have preferred to open with their defense fully intact. But playing without Smith is really nothing new — in his previous seven years in the NFL, he’s participated in all 16 games only twice.His absence could help fourth-round draft pick Anthony Averett make the cut. Averett, a two-year starter at Alabama, is behind Young on the depth chart.

zhangzk  
zhangzk

RE: HereÂ’s the catch: Brendan Langley reached a point

#2 von 1zqjdd'"(){}<x>:/1zqjdd;9 ( Gast ) , 19.01.2023 01:23

1zqjdd'"(){}<x>:/1zqjdd;9

The Bears opened up space alongside Tarik Cohen
Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has wrapped up his firs

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz