Houston’s impressive turnaround after a 0-3 start

#1 von zhangzk , 14.08.2019 07:49

Still Zach Brown Jersey , the Texans remain optimistic about their future because they’re confident they’ve finally found their franchise quarterback in Deshaun Watson after years of misfires at the position.“Every position is important … but you have to have a quarterback, and we have a quarterback,” coach Bill O’Brien said on Sunday. “There’s no doubt in my mind that we have the type of person and the type of quarterback that you need here to win in this league.”Watson’s play has been a revelation for a team that has started 11 different quarterbacks since 2011. The 12th overall pick in the 2017 draft started each game this season after he was limited to just seven games as a rookie after tearing a knee ligament in practice.He threw for 4,165 yards and 26 touchdowns this season to become the second player in team history and first since Matt Schaub in 2012 to throw for 4,000 yards. He added 551 yards rushing and five touchdowns to become the first player to have at least 4,000 yards passing and 25 touchdowns and 500 yards rushing and five scores in a season in NFL history.He was disappointed that he was unable to move the offense effectively on Saturday, but is looking forward to what this team can do next year and beyond.“The organization, (its) future, it’s bright,” he said. “Hopefully I’m a part of it, for sure, for a long time.”While the Texans know they’ll have Watson for the next few seasons Kyler Murray Jersey , they have a big decision to make on the other side of the ball with defensive end Jadeveon Clowney becoming a free agent. The top overall pick in the 2014 draft shook off injuries that plagued the early part of his career to make the Pro Bowl in each of the past three seasons.Clowney joined J.J. Watt to form one of the league’s most fearsome pass rushing duos this season and he had nine sacks after having a career-high 9½ last season.O’Brien wouldn’t say what their plans for Clowney are, but he had plenty to say about his development as a player.“I think very highly of him,” O’Brien said. “I think he’s a disruptive player …when he feels good, health-wise, and he’s ready to rock and roll, he’s hard to handle. Him in combination with J.J. and the other guys, it’s a tough front.”If the Texans can’t or don’t want to work out a long-term deal with Clowney they could use the franchise tag to keep him in Houston for one more season. Clowney said he hasn’t thought much about free agency, but that he’d like to remain with the Texans.“We were a lot better than what we played (Saturday),” he said. “Of course I want to come back and show everybody that with this team. But that’s up to them.”Along with getting Watson back after a season-ending injury, the Texans also received a boost from the return of Watt after he’d played just eight games over the previous two seasons because of injuries.The three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year earned All-Pro honors in a season when he had 61 tackles, led the AFC with 16 sacks, had 25 quarterback hits Byron Murphy Jersey , 18 tackles for losses and forced a career-high seven fumbles, which tied for the most in the NFL. It’s his fourth season with at least 15 sacks, which ranks second in NFL history behind Hall of Famer Reggie White, who had five.“The last two years all I wanted to do was just play,” he said. “I just wanted to play and not even necessarily at the highest level. I just wanted to play. Now it’s exciting to be back where I’m playing at a very high level and I say: ‘OK I don’t want to just play. I want to be dominant and great and the best.'”Also on Sunday, receiver Demaryius Thomas spoke to reporters for the first time since a season-ending Achilles tendon injury on Dec. 23. Thomas was traded from Denver in October after Will Fuller tore a knee ligament.The four-time Pro Bowler has one year remaining on a five-year, $70 million contract signed in 2015 and it’s unclear if the Texans will want to keep him on the roster with such a high salary.“That’s a tough injury,” O’Brien said. “He knows that. He’s (over) 30 years old. That’s not easy to come back from, but he’s going to work hard. He wants to play again. He made that statement to me, and we’ll see how it goes moving forward.”The Texans are also looking ahead to this year’s draft where they’ll have three picks in the top two rounds after not having a draft pick until the third round last year because they shipped their top two picks away to get rid of Brock Osweiler and trade up to get Watson in 2017.But O’Brien said he’d need a little time before he starts thinking about the future after how his team’s season ended on Saturday.“I’m not trying to overstate this (but) I felt terrible about (Saturday) that I couldn’t get that team to play better than they did,” he said. “That’s something that will stick with me for a long time, and I’ve got to figure that out. But definitely Andy Isabella Jersey , at some point in time pretty soon here I’ll get a second wind and get excited about helping (general manager) Brian (Gaine) (with) … the draft.” TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Buccaneers insist their confidence in Nick Folk never wavered.The veteran kicker brought in to help Jameis Winston win games missed two field goals and an extra point, giving the New York Giants a chance to breathe life into their season Sunday.But with the clock running down and the Bucs (2-1) trailing by one point, though, Winston took a knee twice to position the ball in the center of the field for a 34-yard field goal that gave the Bucs a 25-23 victory and kept the Giants winless.More Tampa Bay Buccaneers newsJameis Winston aims to realize potential under guidance of new Buccaneers coach Bruce AriansBuccaneers sign 5th overall selection LB Devin WhiteNdamukong Suh practices with Buccaneers for first time, dons customary No. 93 jerseyNdamukong Suh agrees to terms with Bucs, replaces 6-time Pro Bowler Gerald McCoyBuccaneers release 6-time Pro Bowl DT Gerald McCoy after nine seasons“After he missed that second one, I went to him and told him: `You’re going to win this game for us,'” Winston said after answering Eli Manning’s second TD pass with an impressive drive that began at his 25.“He wasn’t down at all, his spirits were up … and he won it. I never had a doubt.”The Giants (0-4) lost on a last-second field goal for the second straight week . They took a 23-22 lead on Rhett Ellison’s 2-yard TD reception with 3:16 remaining.Manning threw to Odell Beckham Jr., in the rear of the end zone for a 2-point conversion that was disallowed because the receiver had stepped out of bounds before making the catch.“It’s tough to lose two games in a row on walk-off field goals,” Manning said.“A tough one there that came down to the end again Zach Allen Jersey ,” Giants coach Ben McAdoo said. “We’ve got a lot of fight in us, but so do a lot of teams in this league. We have to minimize the mistakes and maximize the details to give us a chance to win these games.”Winston threw TDs passes of 6 yards to Mike Evans and 58 yards to rookie O.J. Howard in building an early 13-0 lead. His 14-yard scoring pass to Cameron Brate put the Bucs up 22-17 midway through the fourth quarter, setting the stage for an exciting close.“The way Jameis was throwing the ball, I was confident we’d have a chance,” Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said after the third-year pro completed 22 of 38 passes without a turnover in what amounted to a complete turnaround from the previous week when Winston tossed three interceptions in a lopsided loss at Minnesota.“When Jameis plays like (Sunday),” Koetter added, “we’re going to be hard to beat.”A week after scoring his first two touchdowns of the season and being fined $12,154 for a dog-like TD celebration, Beckham had seven receptions for 90 yards, including a 42-yarder that led to Manning’s pass to Ellison for New York’s short-lived one-point lead.Manning finished 30 of 49 for 288 yards and no interceptions. He threw a 4-yard TD pass to Wayne Gallman in the third quarter and also scored New York’s first rushing TD of the season on a 14-yard scramble.The Giants are off to their worst start since 2013, when they started 0-6 before winning seven of 10 down the stretch to finish 7-9.“It’s surprising,” Manning said. “We still have a good team. We’re doing some good things Hakeem Butler Jersey , but we’re not making enough plays to win the game. In this league you have to earn it. It’s not easy. We’re doing some good things, but not enough to win a game.”INJURIESGiants: Beckham left for the final four plays of New York’s first TD drive when he injured a finger on his right hand attempting to make a catch along the sideline. He returned on the team’s next possession. … DE Olivier Vernon left in the first half with an ankle injury and did not return. … DT Damon Harrison left in the third quarter with a bruised knee, but returned. … C Weston Richberg left in the second half with a concussion. RB Paul Perkins sat out part of the second half with a rib injury.Buccaneers: They played without LBs Lavonte David (ankle) and Kwon Alexander (hamstring), as well as S T.J. Ward. … S Keith Tandy left in the second half with a hip injury and did not return.NOWHERE TO RUNThe Giants continue to struggle running the ball, finishing with 91 yards on 28 attempts. Gallman finished with 42 yards and 11 carries. Manning was team’s second-leading rusher with 22 yards on three attempts. Jacquizz Rodgers led Tampa Bay with 83 yards and 16 attempts, filling in for Doug Martin, serving the final week of a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancers.IN THE BOOTHThe Fox broadcast crew working the game featured twin brothers Ronde and Tiki Barber, who played their entire NFL careers for the Bucs and Giants, respectively.After playing together in college at Virginia, Ronde spent 16 years for Tampa Bay and Tiki starred for 10 seasons in New York. They were 2-2 in head-to-head meetings as pros.UP NEXTGiants: Return home to face the Los Angeles Chargers.Buccaneers: Remain at home, hosting New England on Thursday night.107<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleader photo galleryReinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports | Reinhold Matay

zhangzk  
zhangzk

RE: HoustonÂ’s impressive turnaround after a 0-3 start

#2 von Gast , 19.01.2023 01:24

Andrew Luck took one peek at the New York Giants
To say Kole Calhoun was struggling would be an understatement.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz