Oakland Raiders middle linebacker Marquel

#1 von zhangzk , 07.08.2019 03:51

ALAMEDA http://www.ravenscheapstores.com/trace-mcsorley-jersey-cheap , Calif. (AP) — Lee has no plans to apologize for his scuffle last week with Los Angeles Chargers tight end Antonio Gates late in the fourth quarter.If anything, Lee is adamant he did the right thing even though it resulted in a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty and a quick admonishment from Raiders coach Jon Gruden.“He just told me I’m better than that,” Lee said. “I was defending myself. Guy had my helmet. I don’t care who you are, you’re not going to chump me or punk me. I’m a grown man, too. Coach Gruden was just like, ‘Keep your cool. You’re better than that.'”A fifth-round pick in 2017, Lee is proving to be better than many people thought. His dust-up with Gates was one of the few signs that Oakland’s defense still had some fight in it during the 26-10 loss that dropped the Raiders to 1-4.Lee has taken quickly to defensive coordinator Paul Guenther’s system and played well enough over the first month of the season to unseat 14-year veteran and four-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker Derrick Johnson as the team’s starter.Heading into Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks in London, Lee is third on the Raiders in tackles behind linebacker Tahir Whitehead and safety Marcus Gilchrist.“He’s done some good things,” Guenther said. “He’s progressing in the right direction. Obviously he is playing a lot now so we are counting on him.”It’s a stark contrast from a year ago when Lee had to be carted off the field with a right knee injury that sidelined him for two weeks. Already behind the learning curve at the time, the injury prevented Lee from making much of an impact and led to the Raiders signing NaVorro Bowman to play middle linebacker the rest of the season.Bowman wasn’t re-signed this past offseason but Oakland brought in Johnson, the former Kansas City Chiefs star, and penciled him into the starting lineup early in training camp.Johnson started the first game of the regular season and took the majority of reps in Week 2 before Lee forced a change with his consistent work in practice and games.“I noticed it a lot with my play David Montgomery Jersey ,” Lee said. “Just not as much anxiety on myself, and not much panic. Playing calm, to be honest. Just seeing everything slower and making my plays when I need to.”The Raiders are 30th in total defense and have had a penchant for allowing big plays. Lee has made his share of mistakes, most notably blitzing against the Chargers on a screen play when it wasn’t called for. The result: a 34-yard gain on a day full of breakdowns by Oakland’s defense.“The margin for error is small in this game,” Lee said. “I feel like we have a great sense of urgency, especially after last week’s loss, seeing the plays that we gave up and could have held onto to win the game.”The Raiders don’t seem to mind the growing pains with their young inside linebacker. Lee’s progress on defense while also playing extensively on special teams has been a positive in an otherwise disappointing start for the team.Lee’s challenge this week will be trying to contain Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.“We know that he’s a good scrambler and he makes plays in the open field,” Lee said. “We plan to keep him in the pocket and keep him corralled, not give him much room to run because that’s when he’s most dangerous, when he’s out of the pocket.”Notes: The Raiders held a brief and light practice Thursday before departing for London where they will play the Seahawks at Wembley Stadium. … Starting left guard Kelechi Osemele (knee) missed a third consecutive day of practice. Jon Feliciano has been practicing in Osemele’s place. Defensive tackle Frostee Rucker (neck) also sat out Thursday. ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Just when the Washington Redskins thought they found their long-term solution at quarterback, they’re back to the drawing board.More than a year after trading for and extending Alex Smith and a month after acquiring Case Keenum http://www.bearscheapstores.com/riley-ridley-jersey-cheap , Washington is still in search of its future at the position. Smith’s broken right leg will likely cost him the entire 2019 season and maybe beyond, so the 15th pick in the NFL draft or any of several after that could be used on a developmental quarterback.“There’s some good young talented guys that if you have a chance to get one, they’re hard to find,” coach Jay Gruden said. “And if you really feel good about one, you’ll have to take him because that is the position. You talk about all this other stuff, that’s the position that will take you to the promised land.”Keenum and longtime backup Colt McCoy are expected to compete for the starting gig next season. Could Duke’s Daniel Jones, Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins or Missouri’s Drew Lock also be in the picture?After going over the team’s draft board with the rest of the front office on a recent morning, senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams isn’t ruling anything out.“There’s a lot of guys up there, whether we’re at 15 or we move up or we move back or what have you,” Williams said. “You’re always open. This is a quarterback league. You could never shut the door on a quarterback.”Because the Redskins have so many needs, including guard, wide receiver http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , tight end and linebacker, it’s possible they go in another direction in the first round and look to move a later pick for a QB on a rookie contract, such as the Arizona Cardinal’s Josh Rosen. N.C. State’s Ryan Finley, West Virginia’s Will Grier and Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham are among options in the second or third rounds.The past two years, Washington shored up its defensive line with Alabama’s Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne. After those players fell to the Redskins, they could be just fine sitting at No. 15 and seeing who drops down the board to them.“When you look at this football team, you can go anywhere, basically, whether or not it’s the offensive line, whether or not it’s an edge rusher, whether or not it’s a safety, whether or not it’s a receiver Connor McGovern Jersey ,” Williams said.“You can’t say, ‘What’s the No. 1 (need)? Because I think the No. 1’s going to boil down to who’s there when it’s time for us to pick that we think is the best football player.”ROLL TIDEThe Redskins took two Alabama players in each of the past two drafts and currently have seven Crimson Tide products on their roster. Guard Jonah Williams, tight end Irv Smith, safety Deionte Thompson, edge rusher Christian Miller, linebacker Mack Wilson and cornerback Saivion Smith would all be fits.Gruden said it’s “just a coincidence” his team has so many Alabama guys, but acknowledged Nick Saban’s pipeline is strong.“Playing in that system, the familiarity they have with each other, the more you can add if they’re good enough players and good enough people, we’ll take a shot at them,” Gruden said.Gruden added that he “might look more at Clemson this year” after the Tigers beat Alabama to win the national title. In that case, Clemson has cornerback Trayvon Mullen Khari Willis Jersey , receiver Hunter Renfrow and guard Mitch Hyatt to choose from.NEED TO RECEIVEAfter losing slot receiver Jamison Crowder to the Jets in free agency, the Redskins could be looking to restock wideout and tight end targets for Keenum and McCoy. Gruden believes 2018 Mr. Irrelevant Trey Quinn can thrive in the slot, is still a believer in 2016 first-rounder Josh Doctson and would like to see what speedster Paul Richardson can do when healthy, but this position bears watching.Williams said Washington would address the receiver position in the draft. Gruden estimated there are 60-70 good WR targets available.FILLING HOLESThe departures of Crowder, safety Ha Ha Clinton Dix to Chicago, linebacker Preston Smith to Green Bay and offensive tackle Ty Nsekhe to Buffalo opened some more holes on the Redskins’ already imperfect roster. Gruden said they have to make sure they find replacements for those players, and that includes some safety depth even after signing Landon Collins.Washington has Troy Apke and special teams standout Deshazor Everett there, but Montae Nicholson’s uncertain status after a late-season arrest clouds the situation and keeps safety on the radar.ON GUARDThe signing of former Giants and Jaguars offensive lineman Ereck Flowers could be a replacement for Nsekhe at swing tackle, or the Redskins could move the 2015 top-10 pick inside to left guard. Injuries decimated Washington on the offensive line last season, Shawn Lauvao is probably not the answer again after another surgery and two-time Pro Bowl right guard Brandon Scherff is coming off a season-ending torn pectoral muscle.When asked about making a splash by adding a big-time receiver, Gruden said: “I’d like to add a big-play guard. I’d be just as happy with that.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk

RE: Oakland Raiders middle linebacker Marquel

#2 von Gast , 19.01.2023 01:25

RE: Oakland Raiders middle linebacker Marquel

#3 von Gast , 19.01.2023 01:25

The Denver Broncos’ quarterback carousel continues to spin
Todd Bowles chuckled for a moment and then just

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz