Holding onto leads late in games has been an issue for the New York Islanders this season.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 31.07.2018 02:48

DETROIT -- Holding onto leads late in games has been an issue for the New York Islanders this season. Shareece Wright Raiders Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. The Islanders scored all of their goals in the first period. "We just wanted to stick with it and keep playing and not think about the things that could happen," said captain John Tavares, who had an assist. Kyle Okposo, Michael Grabner, Casey Cizikas scored for New York. The Islanders have only won three of their past 17 (3-10-4) and it was Nabokovs first shutout of the season. "I thought we had an extra gear tonight. They might have come out flat, but we did a good job to get on em," Okposo said. Petr Mrazek stopped 16 shots for Detroit. "I thought our intensity in the first period wasnt good enough. They scored on their shots and I dont think we did much. They didnt do much either, but they scored," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "The bottom line is we played catch-up all night long. I thought we made it easy on their team. We never got in on their D, we werent physical like we have been, or heavy in the offensive zone." Okposo opened the scoring with 9:03 left in the first when he put a cross-crease pass into the empty-side of the net off the rush for his 12th goal. Grabner got his fifth goal, with 4:53 remaining in the opening period, when his shot from the left circle deflected off the stick of Detroit defenceman Brendan Smith. Cizikas made it 3-0, with 3:05 left in the first period, when he put in a one-time shot from in front of the net. It was Cizikas fourth goal. "I thought our guys started on time. We got the three goals, but we did some good things out there," Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. "We battled ... In the end, its the will to compete and I thought we did." Tavares hit the post less than 30 seconds into the second period. Patrick Eaves hit the crossbar and Gustav Nyquist hit the post for Detroit early in the third period. NOTES: Red Wings defenceman Jonathan Ericsson went to the dressing room during the second period with an upper-body injury and did not return. Babcock said Ericsson had been taken to the hospital and his condition will be updated Tuesday or Wednesday. ... Petr Mrazek started in goal for Detroit after Jonas Gustavsson came up with a tender groin and sat out as a precaution. ... The Islanders hadnt played in Detroit in nearly three years. Their last game at Joe Louis Arena was Dec. 31, 2010. ... Red Wings RW Gustav Nyquist returned after missing three games with a groin injury. ... New York LW Matt Martin is from Windsor, Ontario, which is across the Detroit River from Detroit. ... Detroit C Stephen Weiss had sports hernia surgery in Philadelphia on Monday morning. He is expected to miss 6-to-8 weeks and the Red Wings are aiming for him to be back after the Olympic break, which is Feb. 9-25. ... A power outage in downtown Detroit forced the Red Wings to have their pre-game skate on Monday morning in a partially-lighted Joe Louis Arena. Marcus Gilchrist Raiders Jersey . -- Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf has been suspended two games for his hit from behind on Kevan Miller of the Bruins. Gareon Conley Raiders Jersey . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. http://www.officialauthenticraidersstore.com/authentic-brandon-parker-jersey.html . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much.NASHVILLE -- The Tennessee Titans have agreed to a multiyear deal with offensive tackle Michael Oher, a former first-round draft pick who spent his first five seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. Titans general manager Ruston Webster called Oher "a big, strong, durable player" in a statement announcing the move Friday. Ohers contract reportedly is a four-year deal worth $20 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. Oher tweeted that hes "extremely happy and excited to be a Titan (and) cant wait to do big things!!!" Oher also tweeted, "Wanna thank the Ravens organization and their great fans!" The 27-year-old Oher should fill Tennessees vacancy at right tackle created by the Titans decision to waive David Stewart on Wednesday. Stewart had been Tennessees starting right tackle since 2006. --- NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms on a multiyear deal with free-agent linebacker Wesley Woodyard, who spent the last six years with the Denver Broncos. After arriving in the NFL in 2008 as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky, Woodyard developed into a six-time team captain for the Broncos. During the 2012 season, Woodyard was the only player in the NFL to have at least 100 tackles, five sacks and three interceptions. In a release announcing the move Friday, Titans general manager Ruston Webster said "Wesley is a player who has experience playing in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems, and in our new scheme he fits as one of the inside linebackers. He is smart and fast." Webster also praised the 27-year-old Woodyards leadership qualities and intangibles. --- Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick says hes been released by the Tennessee Titans, who signed Charlie Whitehurst on Thursday to back up Jake Locker. Fitzpatrick told The Associated Press on Friday, "You can say Ive been released, yes." Fitzpatrick signed a two-year contract with the Titans last March. He started nine games for the Titans last season and went 217 of 350 for 2,454 yards with 14 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions. In another move Friday, the Titans announced they had agreed to terms with former Denver Broncoos linebacker Wesley Woodyard on a multiyear deal. P.J. Hall Raiders Jersey. The 31-year-old Fitzpatrick has thrown for 16,790 yards, 106 touchdowns and 93 interceptions in 85 career games. Whitehurst, also 31, has gone 84 of 155 for 805 yards passing with four interceptions and three touchdown passes in 13 NFL games. The backup quarterback position is potentially a critical spot for the Titans because injuries have forced starter Jake Locker to miss 14 games over the last two seasons. Although Fitzpatrick and Whitehurst are the same age, Fitzpatrick has more experience. Fitzpatrick has 77 career NFL starts. Whitehurst has only four career starts. But Whitehurst has more familiarity with new Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt. Whitehurst spent the last two seasons in San Diego, where Whisenhunt was offensive co-ordinator last year. "He brings a familiarity with the offence we are installing," Whisenhunt said Thursday in a team statement announcing Whitehursts addition. "He will be a great resource for Jake and the entire offence. And as a player, he understands what we want to get done. Working with him over the last year and seeing how he works and his ability gives me confidence that he is the right fit to fill this role." Fitzpatrick joined the Titans last year after making 53 starts in four seasons with the Buffalo Bills. He also has played for the St. Louis Rams (2005-06) and Cincinnati Bengals (2007-08). Fitzpatrick started three games with St. Louis in 2005 and made 12 starts with Cincinnati in 2008. Woodyard, who began his NFL career in 2008 as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky, developed into a six-time team captain for the Broncos. During the 2012 season, Woodyard was the only player in the NFL to have at least 100 tackles, five sacks and three interceptions. "Wesley is a player who has experience playing in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems, and in our new scheme he fits as one of the inside linebackers," Titans general manager Ruston Webster said Friday in a team statement announcing the move. "He is smart and fast." Webster also praised the 27-year-old Woodyards leadership qualities and intangibles. Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink
Goaltender Jonas Gustavsson agreed Thursday to a one-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings, according to MLive

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz