Boyd was 7 of 16 for 31 yards with an interception. Thomas only got five passes of

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 28.07.2018 04:47

CHICAGO -- Theo Epstein was the first person to take a chance on Felix Doubront. Richard Rodgers Eagles Jersey . Now he is going to give the struggling left-hander another opportunity. The Chicago Cubs acquired Doubront from the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday in exchange for a player to be named. Epstein, the president of baseball operations for the Cubs, was Bostons general manager when Doubront signed with the Red Sox as an undrafted free agent in 2005. Cubs manager Rick Renteria said he didnt know very much about Doubront, and the team said it would announce in the next couple days where he would begin with the organization. Doubront pitched against the Cubs on July 2, allowing three runs and four hits in 1 1-3 innings of relief. "I reserve my right to come to my own judgment on what hes about," Renteria said. The 26-year-old Doubront had grown unhappy with his role in Boston. He was shuttled to the bullpen during the playoffs last year, when the Red Sox won the World Series for the third time in 10 seasons. He made four appearances in the post-season, allowing one run in seven innings. He was again bumped from the rotation this season -- and again expressed his displeasure. But Doubront did little to pitch himself back into a starting role. He recorded just two outs in his final appearance with Boston on Monday, allowing six runs in mop-up duty in a 14-1 loss to Toronto. As the defending World Series champions fell further into last place in the AL East, it became obvious they had little use for a disgruntled and ineffective reliever. Doubront won 11 games in each of the previous two seasons. He struck out 167 in 161 innings in 2012. But he was 2-4 with a 6.07 ERA in 17 games, 10 starts, with the Red Sox this year. The trade is Epsteins fourth deal with his former team since he took over the Cubs in October 2011. It could be the start of a busy week for the plummeting Red Sox, who have conceded their title defence after losing eight of their last nine games. Starters Jon Lester and John Lackey are also on the trading block. The Cubs also could be active ahead of Thursdays non-waiver trade deadline. Utilityman Emilio Bonifacio did not play in Wednesday nights 10-inning loss to Colorado, with Renteria acknowledging the trade talk surrounding the speedy switch hitter. "Im just waiting for whatever is going to happen," said Bonifacio, who is batting.400 (14 for 35) in his last eight games. Also Wednesday, Chicago completed this weeks trade with Los Angeles when it received minor league pitcher Jonathan Martinez from the Dodgers. The Cubs sent second baseman Darwin Barney to the NL West leaders on Monday. Martinez, a 20-year-old right-hander, was 7-5 with a 3.47 ERA in 19 starts for Class A Great Lakes this season. He was signed by the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent in May 2011 out of Venezuela. The Cubs also recalled left-hander Chris Rusin from Triple-A Iowa and sent right-hander Blake Parker to their top farm club. Parker pitched two innings as the Cubs used eight relievers in Tuesday nights 4-3 victory over Colorado in 16 innings. Paul Worrilow Jersey . Andrews, Scotland - Oliver Wilson fired a final- round, 2-under 70 on Sunday and he held on to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by one shot. Custom Eagles Jerseys . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Mike-Wallace-Eagles-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- St.MOBILE, Ala. -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock. That approach certainly worked at the Senior Bowl. The Auburn defensive end had two first-half sacks, and Derek Carr and David Fales each threw a touchdown pass in the Souths 20-10 victory over the North on Saturday. Ford, who earned positive reviews from observers during the week, quickly dismissed a reporters suggestion that he made some money in the draft with his performance. "I dont do this for cash," said Ford, selected the games MVP. "I do this for pride. I do this because I really, really want to be great. The money will come. Im just all about perfecting what I do. "Ive still got a lot of work. Ive got the combine and pro day. My life doesnt stop here. Ive got to be consistent." The showcase game for top senior NFL prospects was mostly dominated by the defences. The South racked up five sacks of Virginia Techs Logan Thomas and intercepted three North passes. Princetons Caraun Reid also had two sacks. "Just talking to the linemen, they said these guys are kind of quick coming off the ball," Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd of the North said. "Youve got to go out there and try to help those guys out." Alabama receiver Kevin Norwood caught a 24-yard touchdown pass from Fales of San Jose State and received the Souths Most Outstanding Player honours. Wisconsins James White scored on a 1-yard run with 6:04 left for the Norths only touchdown. He was selected the Norths MOP after rushing for 62 yards on 11 carries and making five catches for 15 yards. "I wanted to come out here and prove that I could do it all as a running back: Pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield, run inside and run outside," White said. "I think I did it pretty well this week." Ford, meanwhile, couldnt quite do it all: He batted down a pass in the backfield deep in North territory that would have been aa sure touchdown if hed held onto it. Haloti Ngata Eagles Jersey. "I could have had a TD," said Ford, who still celebrated the play with a little dance. "I couldnt find the ball. Thats stuff I need to work on." Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews briefly interrupted an interview to hand Ford a football. "Game ball, baby," Matthews told him. "I got that for you." Offensively, it looked just like what it was: an all-star game with players trying to get in sync with only a few days of practice. The quarterbacks who made the fewest mistakes won the day as the South built a 20-3 lead. Fresno States Carr started fast with three straight completions on the Souths opening drive. He capped the march with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Colorado State tight end Crockett Gillmore and finished 7 of 12 for 45 yards. "He was so open, I just wanted to get the ball in his hands and let him go," Carr said. Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolos first two drives ended with field goals of 50 and 39 yards by Auburns Cody Parkey. Garoppolo, MVP of the East-West Shrine Game out of Tony Romos alma mater, was a late addition to the roster after Alabamas AJ McCarron declined an invitation. Garoppolo was 6-of-11 passing for 32 yards. Miamis Stephen Morris was 10 of 18 for a game-high 89 yards but also was intercepted twice. Boyd was 7 of 16 for 31 yards with an interception. Thomas only got five passes off, completing four for 17 yards. "I dont think I had much time to do anything with it," he said. Ford, who also had two sacks in the BCS championship, Parkey and Chris Davis all made a big impact a few weeks after their Auburn team lost to Florida State in the title game. Davis had an interception. They left this one in a better mood. "It was a great week for Auburn," Davis said. "Any time you get to come to an event like this, you want to showcase your talent. I think for the Auburn team, we did that." Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

best, we didnt play great defence, we didnt run the bases well. We need to play better,
pick. Blue Line, Blue Chip Addition? According to Matheson, the Anaheim Ducks are looking

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz