(13-10-5) closes a five-game swing in search of

#1 von elaine95 , 01.03.2019 02:53

BOSTON (AP) The Boston Bruins found different ways to win during their perfect homestand.Brian Gionta and Rick Nash scored power-play goals just over a minute apart Youth Dion Phaneuf Jersey , and the Bruins beat the Chicago Blackhawks 7-4 on Saturday to finish their homestand at 6-0. The goals came during a double-minor penalty on Chicago’s Patrick Kane.Coming off a 3-2 victory against Philadelphia, the Bruins scored four power-play goals and one shorthanded. They also won games by scores of 2-1, 8-4 and 6-5 during the streak.”I just think this time of the year you’re playing teams in different circumstances – teams will get loose and some are tight,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. ”Teams that are loose, our guys feel they can win those games.”Jake DeBrusk set up two power-play goals by David Krejci. David Pastrnak scored, Noel Acciari had a shorthanded tally and Sean Kuraly added an empty-netter for Boston.”We’re comfortable in all sorts of games and obviously when things need to be tightened up, we do that as well,” said Gionta, who played just his fifth game since signing with the Bruins. ”It shows our adaptability.”Tuukka Rask made 23 saves on his 31st birthday.Erik Gustafsson had a goal and two assists, and Jonathan Toews, John Hayden and Matthew Highmore scored for Chicago, which lost for the fifth time in seven games.”For 40 minutes we were decent. Their power play was excellent in the third,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said.Highmore’s goal was his first in the NHL. It was a bright spot for a team well outside the playoff picture.”It was good to see Highmore get his first goal,” Gustafsson said.Gionta Drew Doughty Jersey , the captain of the U.S. team at the Pyeongchang Olympics, scored the go-ahead goal 8:02 into the third by tapping in a rebound at the edge of the crease. Nash redirected a shot from the top of the crease 1:16 later.Boston had tied it at 4 when Pastrnak charged to the net to knock in Brad Marchand’s rebound with 13:37 left in the third period.Highmore broke a 3-3 tie by sending a wrist shot from the right circle that beat Rask inside the far post with 4:14 left in the second period.Chicago had taken a 3-2 edge on Hayden’s goal 6:37 into the second, but Boston tied it 10 seconds into a power play.DeBrusk stick-handled around a pair of Blackhawks players before sending a pass over to Krejci, who one-timed a shot into the net.The teams were tied at 2 after a first period that featured plenty of good scoring chances and a shot off a post by each club.Boston went ahead 2-0 with two special-teams goals. Acciari fired the rebound of Kuraly’s breakaway shot into the net 11:27 into the game. Krejci, positioned in the slot, one-timed DeBrusk’s pass from the left corner over J-F Berube’s left shoulder.The Blackhawks scored twice in 29 seconds to tie it.On the first, Gustafsson fired a slap shot from the left point that Toews tipped inside the right post. Gustafsson fired a shot from nearly the identical spot that beat Rask to the same side, tying it at 14:56.NOTES: Blackhawks forward Anthony Duclair had to be helped off the ice, favoring his right leg, after a center-ice collision with Marchand in the opening period. He was helped down the runway to the locker room and didn’t return. The Bruins’ winger was called for interference on the play. ”I think it was a dirty play,” Gustafsson said. Cassidy said: ”I just saw two guys turning that didn’t want to bang into each other. It just looked like incidental contact.” … Quenneville coached his 1,608th game, moving him past Al Arbour for second most on the NHL’s all-time list. … Boston backup goalie Anton Khudobin is expected to start Sunday.UP NEXTThe teams meet again in Chicago on Sunday.— The Washington Capitals won their first Stanley Cup last season, but it’s been some time since they’ve enjoyed a run like this.For that http://www.officialkings.com/authentic-adidas-dustin-brown-jersey , they can thank Nicklas Backstrom and Tom Wilson.The Capitals go for their eighth straight victory Sunday afternoon against the Anaheim Ducks.Article continues below ...Washington (15-7-3) extended its streak with a 6-3 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Friday night. It’s the Capitals’ longest run since reeling off nine straight wins from Dec. 31, 2016 to Jan. 15, 2017.Backstrom led the way Friday with his second career hat trick and an assist. He’s been one key to Washington’s offense during the streak with 12 points (five goals, seven assists), and leads the team with 23 assists and 32 points this season.“I think he’s had a really strong year. For me, it’s the best I have seen him play through 20-plus games in the start of a season,” Capitals coach Todd Reirden said of Backstrom.Backstrom has five goals in his last five matchups with the Ducks at Capital One Arena.Wilson chipped in with a short-handed goal in his 400th career game before drawing a match penalty for hitting the Devils’ Brett Seney from behind. Wilson, who had a 20-game suspension for an illegal check during the preseason reduced to 14 games, is expected to be in the lineup as the league announced Saturday that there will be no additional punishment for the hit.“Anytime I’m involved in contact, it’s assumed that I’m skating away and it’s a match penalty. It (stinks), but that’s what it is,” Wilson said Saturday. “I just have to keep trying to play my game and produce and help the team win. As we saw, I have to be very, very careful about any type of contact.”With six goals in a five-game scoring streak Jake Muzzin Jersey , Wilson is also tied with Backstrom for the team lead with 12 points during the Caps’ run.Anaheim (13-10-5) closes a five-game swing in search of its season-high fourth straight victory. Pontus Aberg scored late in the third period and Ryan Getzlaf found the back of the net on a breakaway in overtime of a 2-1 victory against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday.“We’re finding ways,” Getzlaf told the team’s official website. “Tonight was one of the ugliest games we played on the trip. We found a way, got one late and our goaltender was outstanding.”Getzlaf, who leads the team with 19 points (seven goals, 12 assists) was talking about John Gibson. He’s turned aside 75 of 78 shots while winning each of his last two starts and has seen the team evolve.“It kind of seemed like at the beginning of the year we were finding ways to lose,” he told the Orange County Register after a 34-save effort Friday. “You’re starting to see we’re finding a way to win some games we thought we were maybe out of and maybe shouldn’t have won.”But Gibson has given up eight goals while losing each of his last two starts in Washington. Ryan Miller, who made 34 saves in a 3-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, needs one win to tie John Vanbiesbrouck for most by a goaltender born in the United States with 374.Washington superstar Alex Ovechkin has goals in four straight games and has 19 on the season. He has one goal in his last five games against Anaheim, and 11 points (seven goals, four assists) during the Caps’ winning streak.

elaine95  
elaine95

then knocked down
19 minutes, 15 seconds of ice time in his Tampa Bay debu

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz