a hit that gave us two runs."

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 23.02.2019 06:50

Ive got to admit, when I heard Casey Janssen was going on the disabled list with a lower back strain, the first thought running through my mind was here we go again. Cheap NFL Jerseys Paypal . It seemed just like the past two seasons, where an onslaught of injuries derailed both seasons. At least this time, the injury to the veteran closer doesnt appear to be that series and if there is any area the Blue Jays have depth in its the pen. For now, at least, Sergio Santos, whos had to deal with two injury-plagued seasons of his own since coming back to the Jays, will get the chance to close. I did a little digging and found out that only four of the 15 teams in the American League are starting the season with the same closer they had a year ago. That would be Boston with Koji Uehara, the Royals with Greg Holland, Minnesota with Glen Perkins and the Angels with Ernest Fieri. The Red Sox and the Blue Jays, once Janssen gets healthy, will have the same closers. The Yankees, thanks to the retirement of the great Mariano Rivera, have handed the reins over to right-hander David Robertson. Tampa Bay let Fernando Rodney walk as a free agent and then picked up former As closer Grant Balfour and another one-time closer in Heath Bell. Baltimore dealt their star closer Jimmie Johnson to Oakland and then decided to make veteran starter/reliever Tommy Hunter into their closer. For this year, at least, there is far greater closer stability. Only three of the 15 teams - St. Louis, Arizona and the Cubs - are starting with different closers than they had at the beginning of last season. The Reds would actually be a fourth, as Aroldis Chapman is on the disabled list after taking a line drive just above the eye in spring training but he will be back this season. Its no secret; if the Blue Jays are going to contend for a wild card spot at the very least, theyve got to put up a winning record against their own division. If you look at the last four years since Alex Anthopoulos took over as general manager, the Jays have only been above .500 versus the AL East once. They went 39-33 against their own division in 2010, Cito Gastons final year as skipper. That season, Tampa Bay was the only club that finished better without the division at 42-30. In 2011, they went 33-39, in 2012 they were 29-43, and last year they went 30-46, which was the worst of the five teams within the division. Over that four year span within the East, Tampa has had the best record, averaging 42 wins per season and never worse than second best in terms of wins within the division. The Blue Jays are actually tied with Baltimore for the fewest wins inside the division over the past four years at 131. I found another interesting stat surrounding the last four years - the Blue Jays less than stellar record against left handers. Three of those last four years they have the worst record in the division against southpaws. Only in 2011 were they above .500 versus lefties with a mark of 23-19. Their cumulative record against left-handers over the past four years is 76-93. So, if you cant win enough within your own division and you cant beat lefties consistently, youre not going to be a contender. One final note on the Jays and the American League East. From August 22 on this season, the Jays play 28 of their final 35 against their own division, including six against Boston, seven versus the Yankees, six against Baltimore and nine against Tampa Bay. The only respite is a three game series against the Cubs at home in early September and then a four game series at home; the final week of the season against Seattle. So this is the season the Jays just prove they can beat the East. Better luck against lefties wouldnt hurt either. This is one of the tougher seasons to try and call the American League East, but right now Tampa Bay looks like the class of the division followed by the Yankees (if Tanaka and Pineda are for real), Red Sox, Blue Jays and Orioles, though if those two flip-flopped it wouldnt surprise me either. Check me in October. I mentioned former Blue Jays catcher Yan Gomes in my last article. Cleveland obviously is impressed with the first Brazilian ever to make it to the Majors. They signed him to a six-year deal that included two option years worth $23 million. I cant ever remember a team trading two catchers as the Jays did in the same off-season - Gomes and Travis DArnaud - and have them both become number one catchers so quickly. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . - This is just the warm-up act for 18-year-old William Nylander. NFL Jerseys Supply . -- The Denver Broncos locked up a shutdown cornerback, only his name wasnt Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. http://www.wholesalenfljerseyssupplycheap.com/ . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers have fallen behind the Oakland Athletics for the first time, and theres plenty of blame to go around. Detroit struggled on the mound, at the plate and in the field during a 6-3 loss Monday that left the Tigers trailing 2-1 in the best-of-five AL division series. "This is on everybody," Tigers superstar Miguel Cabrera said. "We all need to do better." The Tigers, who won the series opener, will face elimination on Tuesday at home with Detroit right-hander Doug Fister facing Oaklands righty Dan Straily. "We either score runs or we go home," Cabrera said. The Tigers also will need to pitch and play defence better than they did in Game 3. Anibal Sanchez matched a career high by allowing three homers. He gave up six runs -- five earned -- to match season highs over 4 1-3 innings. Sanchez hadnt given up two homers in a game all season, but allowed the As to clear the fences twice in one inning. Derek Moss hit a go-ahead, solo homer in the fifth and Seth Smith later followed with a two-run homer in the inning to chase Sanchez and leave him wondering what went wrong. "I would like to know what happened," Sanchez said. Tigers manager Jim Leyland insisted he didnt think twice about taking Sanchez out earlier in the pivotal fifth inning. "Hes my guy and he did lead the league in earned run average," Leyland said. Sanchez did have an AL-low 2.57 ERA and allowed the fewest homers -- an average of less than one-half -- per nine innings in the league, but he didnt look like the same pitcher in his 2013 post-season debut. And, his teammates didnt help him out defensively in couple key situations. Cabrera couldnt handle Yoenis Cespedes two-out grounder in the third, allowing Coco Crisp to score the games first run. Converted left fielder Jhonny Peralta made a soft throw on a play at the plate when Crrisp hit a hit a shallow fly that was long enough to score a run. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys. That surprised Crisp, who put his head down soon after swinging the bat. "I didnt think it had a chance," Crisp said. The Tigers gave Peralta another opportunity to play this year after he returned last month from his drug suspension. Slick-fielding shortstop Jose Iglesias has his old job at shortstop, but Leyland put him in the lineup in left. Peralta contributed a tying, two-run single in the fourth. "When you put a guy out there that hasnt been out there, youre saying youre willing to accept what you get defensively for what you might get offensively," Leyland said. "And, Jhonny got us a hit that gave us two runs." Oakland restored its three-run lead, scoring three runs in the next inning. "It was a little deflating, right after you tie the game," Tigers catcher Alex Avila acknowledged. "You want a shutdown inning there, and we didnt get one." The Tigers, who extended their scoreless streak to 20 innings in the third inning, tied the score with three runs in the fourth. Detroit had chance to cut into its deficit in the eighth inning with one on and out, but two sluggers couldnt help them come back. Cabrera popped up and Prince Fielder lined out to end the Tigers threat. The Tigers have scored three runs in two different innings -- the first in Game 1 and fourth in Game 3 -- and have been held scoreless in the other 25 innings. In the home half of the ninth on Monday afternoon, Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez lost his cool in an expletive-laced exchange with Oakland closer Grant Balfour after a foul ball that led to the benches and bullpens emptying onto the infield. "The guy (Balfour) was wound up a little bit, came off yelling at Victor," Leyland said. "And Victor took offence to it, and I dont blame him." ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

playing 5:31 and got in
Harvin in the midst of t

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz