play might have set a tone that affected the way play went.”(When) someone

#1 von elaine95 , 19.02.2019 04:38

TAMPA Adidas James Neal Jersey , Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning’s quick-strike attack knocked off another opponent.The Lightning scored three times in the opening 10 minutes and rolled to a 5-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Sunday.Brayden Point had two goals and an assist for Tampa Bay, while Nikita Kucherov had a pair of assists. Alex Killorn, Cedric Paquette and Tyler Johnson also scored for the Lightning, who have won three straight games and five of six.Louis Domingue made 33 saves.Stefan Noesen and Jesper Bratt scored for the Devils. New Jersey fell to 2-9 on the road.New Jersey goaltender Cory Schneider, who finished with 30 saves, remains winless (0-15-2) in his last 18 regular-season appearances. His last victory came Dec. 27, 2017.“You win together as a team and lose together as a team,” New Jersey head coach John Hynes said. “We have to try to help him get to the level he needs to in order to win a game. He’s put in the time. There’s only one thing to do and that’s analyze what it is and continue to go back to work on the concepts that need to be better.”The Lightning overwhelmed New Jersey to start the game Adidas Austin Czarnik Jersey , scoring three times in the span of 5 minutes, 54 seconds to build a 3-0 lead at the 9:15 mark of the first period.Killorn banked in a shot off the stick of Schneider for his first goal in 18 games at 3:19. Point scored on the power play at 7:21, while Johnson scored on a one-timer to finish off a cross-ice pass from Point at 9:15. It’s the second consecutive game Tampa Bay has jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the opening 10 minutes.“Attacking the net, shooting the puck, guys putting themselves in great positions to score,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said of the fast starts. “You are putting teams on their heels . you are making the other team chase the game right away.”Noesen cut the deficit to 3-1 at 9:39, but Paquette regained the three-goal advantage at 11:25.“It’s tough when you’re goalie gives away the game in the first period,” Schneider said. “It’s not fair to my teammates. This team is hard enough to play in their building to spot them a 4-1. It’s just disappointing for me. The first period is all stuff I’ve been working on. I’ve been working on the exact things that they scored some of their goals on. I have to figure that out and give my team a chance.”Point was credited with his second goal of the night and 17th of the season when New Jersey defenseman Sami Vatanen shot the puck in to his own net at 8:30 of the second period.“That’s an unfortunate bounce for him Adidas Elias Lindholm Jersey , he takes the puck and just tries to wrap it around the net and it hooks on his stick and goes in,” Point said. “You take them when you can get them and it’s just working for me right now.”NOTES: Tampa Bay C Steven Stamkos left the game late in the second after a hit from D Andy Greene but returned to start the third. . Lightning D Anton Stralman (upper body), missed his eighth consecutive game. . Lightning LW Ondrej Palat could return as early as Tuesday. Palat has been out since Oct. 27 with a lower-body injury. . New Jersey C Nico Hischier, the No. 1 overall pick in 2017, appeared in his 100th career game. . Devils D Steve Santini (broken jaw) is expected to join the team in Florida on Monday after completing a rehab stint with Binghamton in the American Hockey League. . Tampa Bay improved to 7-0 against Metro Division teams. . D Dan Girardi registered his 200th career assist. . RW Nikita Kucherov tied Vinny Prospal on the Lightning all-time list for power play points (124).UP NEXTDevils: At Florida Panthers on Monday.Lightning: Host Anaheim on Tuesday. WASHINGTON (AP) For better or for worse, Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson is an expert when it comes to knowing what the NHL looks for when punishing someone for a dangerous hit, and he thinks Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Anton Stralman could be in trouble.Wilson, who served a three-game suspension earlier this postseason Adidas Tyler Graovac Jersey , spoke out about the way Stralman slammed him into the glass in the first period of what turned into a 4-2 victory for Tampa Bay over Washington in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference final on Tuesday night.Stralman was sent to the penalty box for boarding on the play.”It’s a vulnerable position. There’s no doubt there’s contact with my head. If I’m wearing a helmet from five years ago, I think I’m probably unconscious. So we’ll see what they say,” Wilson said, referring to the possibility of the league’s department of player safety reviewing the matter.On the play, Wilson was facing the glass not too far from the Capitals’ bench when Stralman hit him from behind. Wilson dropped to the ice and put his right glove to his helmet.After the game, which allowed the Lightning to cut their series deficit to 2-1, Wilson talked about the ”goose egg on the side of my head” and acknowledged, ”It took me a little bit to collect myself.”He said the hit included ”everything I’ve heard all year: He sees (jersey) numbers for a good amount of time Adidas Noah Hanifin Jersey , and he elevates through the back of my shoulder and head.”Capitals coach Barry Trotz referred to those as ”red flags,” and added, ”I understand where Tom’s coming from, no question.””That’s a lot of `don’ts’ for me. From what they’ve been telling me, that’s a lot of `don’ts.’ If I make that hit, 100 percent I’m probably sitting out. So we’ll see. It’s playoffs. It’s an intense time of year,” Wilson said. ”I don’t think he’s a malicious player, at all. But it’s a pretty dangerous hit. I think a lot of people will say that.”The game was scoreless at the time of that hit Adidas Alan Quine Jersey , but Tampa Bay would go on to take a 3-0 lead en route to the victory. Wilson thought that Stralman’s play might have set a tone that affected the way play went.”(When) someone gets run from behind, for the next couple shifts, you might be a little more tentative coming back for pucks,” Wilson said. ”We’ve got to play through it. There’s going to be emotion.”Senior vice president of player safety George Parros was at Tuesday’s game. During the season, Parros and Wilson met for about an hour to go over video clips of various hits so the player could understand what the league is watching for.During Washington’s elimination of two-time reigning Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh in the second round of the playoffs, Wilson missed three games after breaking Penguins rookie Zach Aston-Reese’s jaw in a violent collision.Wilson also was forced to sit out two preseason games following a late hit on an opponent, then was suspended for the first four games of the regular season for boarding a player shortly after his return.—

elaine95  
elaine95

the AP on condition of anonymity because
UPCOMING: 600 words, file photos by 5 a.m.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz