After winning five straight Northwest Division titles, the Vancouver Canucks crash-landed last season and missed the playoffs al

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 25.07.2018 02:31

After winning five straight Northwest Division titles, the Vancouver Canucks crash-landed last season and missed the playoffs altogether. Trevor Rosenthal Jersey . Change came quickly. Mike Gillis was fired as president and general manager the day after the regular season ended. Franchise icon Trevor Linden was installed as president with Jim Benning as GM. John Tortorella was soon dismissed as head coach with Willie Desjardins named to replace him. The team parted with or did not bring back veterans Ryan Kesler, David Booth, Jason Garrison and Mike Santorelli in favour of newcomers Ryan Miller, Radim Vrbata, Nick Bonino and Luca Sbisa. As training camp begins after a spring and summer that saw organizational turnover almost from top to bottom, it falls to Benning and his staff to push the Canucks back to their former success and help promote a new identity for the club. "Well have six new players, thats (one) third of our team," Benning explained in conversation with TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie. "I think when you bring young players into your organization they add enthusiasm and energy. What we tried to do is with the support of our core players, we tried to add depth so we want to be a four-line team. "If you look at L.A. and Anaheim and San Jose, theyre four-line teams. In adding some younger players to our line-up, I think it will be good for our group." With the players now in place, its up to new head coach Desjardins to set the tone for the new season. "Willie is a tireless worker, first of all. His teams have always bought in and worked hard for him, whether it be at the junior level, at the American Hockey League level, he has a way with his players that they work for him and they give him everything theyve got," said Benning. "So I expect us to be a hard-working that uses our skill. Instead of playing a dump-and-chase game, were going to come across the blue line with the puck and were going to take it to the net and use our speed and skill to create scoring chances. Those opportunities to put the puck in the net will be spearheaded, as usual, by Henrik and Daniel Sedin. The pair are turning 34 in two weeks and are coming off a season where both had vastly reduced offensive output. Still, Benning knows that a bounce-back season is squarely in their sights. "They have worked hard the whole summer and they still want to prove to people that theyre elite players in this league - and they are elite players in this league. They had a lot of chances to score last year and their numbers didnt reflect it. But I expect them to come back in this year and be real good players like theyve always been. Vancouver is hoping to reignite the duo with the addition of veteran free agent Radim Vrbata. Hell begin the season as the right-winger on Henrik and Daniels line. "When we talked about how to support (the Sedins), Radims like a give-and-go player," said Benning. "He jumps into the holes and hes a finisher and has a good shot. We think it will be a good fit. Willie is going to try it out and its like anything - until you try it out and see where it goes you dont really know. But we think its going to be a good fit and so I hope it works. The other significant newcomer to the team is Ryan Miller, who ended last season with the St. Louis Blues. Benning was a scout in Buffalo when the Sabres drafted Miller in 1999 and is more than familiar with what the 34-year-old netminder can bring to the Canucks. "I know what kind of personality he is. Hes an intense guy, a focused guy, he wants to win. This year we have a lot of players on our team that have something to prove, whether its to themselves or to each other. Our team from last year still wants to prove to people that theyre still a playoff team, and adding Vrbata and Miller, these guys want to prove that they can be part of a winning team. The other audition figures to come at second-line centre, where the departed Kesler leaves an opportunity for a younger player. McKenzie asked about Nick Bonino, Brad Richardson, Shawn Matthias, and Linden Vey as possible candidates for the role. "Training camp will bear that out," explained Benning. "Bonino had a very good year in Anaheim last year. Hes a solid 200-foot player, but he has good hands around the net and sets his teammates up for scoring chances. Over the course of training camp and exhibition games that will sort itself out." Benning has full confidence that these changes can put his team back in the post-season after a one-year absence. "We want to get back to where were a competitive team and we can compete for the Cup. So, well get there." Red Schoendienst Jersey .“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece. Dexter Fowler Jersey .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers. http://www.authenticcardinalspro.com/cardinals-albert-pujols-jersey/ . Napoli hit two home runs, Jonny Gomes and prized rookie Xander Bogaerts also connected, and the Red Sox kept up their dizzying scoring spree at Yankee Stadium by bashing New York 13-9 Saturday for a fifth straight win.HOUSTON - Four-time Indianapolis 500 winner A.J. Foyt has been released from a Houston hospital more than three weeks after triple-bypass heart surgery.Spokeswoman Anne Fornoro said Foyt was released from Baylor-St. Lukes Medical Center on Tuesday and is recovering at home. She says the Nov. 12 surgery was successful, but he developed serious complications and was kept on a ventilator for eight days to allow his lungs to recover full function.In all, Foyt spent 25 days in the hospital after being admitted Nov. 7 with chest pains, including 10 days in intensive care. Fornoro said previously that doctors found blockages in three arteries in which Foyt previously had stents placed.Its been pretty rough but I guess I sleept through the roughest part, said Foyt, who will turn 80 in January. Yadier Molina Jersey. I had some problems that most people dont have after open heart surgery so I made my doctors work extra hard but they saved my life. Weve turned a corner so everythings pretty good. Ive got a long way to go but Im feeling better every day.Foyt is expected to make a full recovery.Last year, Foyt had back surgery and left hip and right knee replacements. In 2012, he battled a life-threatening staph infection following surgery to remove bone spurs in his artificial left knee.Earlier this year, Foyt announced his IndyCar team was expanding to two full-time cars in 2015 and that he had bought a new race shop in Indianapolis. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys From China Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Rain gave a pair of depleted bullpens a little boost.
For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers fr

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz