Tyler Moore had two hits

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 14.12.2018 07:42

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth had one regret following his game-saving catch Friday night. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Wholesale . "I probably should have untucked my shirt, but I didnt," he joked, referring to closer Rafael Sorianos signature move upon the completion of a save. Tyler Moore had two hits and drove in a pair of runs, and Washington relievers threw four scoreless innings - the last one thanks in large part to Werth -- as the Nationals defeated the New York Mets 5-2. Soriano got his ninth save after Werths game-ending jumping catch against the right field wall on a drive by Daniel Murphy with two on and two outs. "I think the rain might have knocked it down a little bit, give me a better chance at it. It was close," Werth said. He wasnt sure if the ball would have made it out. "In my heart of hearts, I knew it was going to be close," Murphy said. "(Soriano) crowded me just a little bit. He got it on me just a hair . Jason made a good play on it." Soriano retired the first two batters before walking pinch hitter Juan Lagares and Eric Young. That brought up Murphy, who began play with a .337 road batting average. "Murphs been one of their hottest hitters of late and hes one of their best hitters overall, so its never comfortable when hes at the plate with a chance to tie the game," Nationals manager Matt Williams said. "But its a game of inches sometimes and he didnt quite get enough of it." Scott Hairston had an RBI double and a single for Washington, which has won nine straight against the Mets going back to last season, and was beginning a stretch of 15 of 19 games at home. Nationals starter Tanner Roark (3-1) pitched five innings, giving up two runs on four hits. Ross Detwiler, Drew Storen, and Tyler Clippard handled the sixth, seventh and eighth innings, respectively. The Mets snapped a 22-inning scoreless streak, their second longest of the season, with two runs in the fifth. Jonathon Niese (2-3) took the loss, allowing five runs, three earned, in four innings. It was Nieses shortest outing since June 20, 2013 at Atlanta, when he left after 3 1-3 innings due to injury. The Mets defence hurt Niese early as the first three Nationals hitters of the game reached safely and scored. After Denard Span singled, third baseman Wright misplayed Anthony Rendons grounder for an error. Werth then singled home Span, and Washington added two more runs on a sacrifice fly and a fielders choice grounder that might have been a double play. But the ball was bobbled briefly by second baseman Murphy. "I just couldnt get into a rhythm, fell behind, wasnt able to execute pitches when I needed to," Niese said. "When that happens its tough for the defence to stay on their toes when Im working behind." In the third, Hairston doubled home Ramos and scored on a single by Moore to make it 5-0. Following consecutive shutout losses to the Yankees the Mets finally broke through against Roark. Lucas Duda opened the fifth with a single and Anthony Recker doubled. Duda scored on a groundout by Ruben Tejada and Youngs double brought home Recker to pull New York within 5-2. The game was delayed briefly when a fan came onto the field near the Nationals dugout and ran from first base around to home with one out in the ninth. He was tackled hard by a security person just behind home plate, drawing cheers from the crowd. NOTES: Washington selected the contract of 1B Greg Dobbs and optioned C Sandy Leon to Triple-A Syracuse prior to Fridays game. Dobbs, released by the Marlins on May 6, was signed as a minor league free agent Monday. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Nationals put Syracuse outfielder Eury Perez (broken toe) on the 60-day DL. . Manager Matt Williams said two Nationals on the DL, LF Bryce Harper (left thumb strain) and 3B Ryan Zimmerman (right thumb fracture), have doctor appointments next week and will get progress reports. . Mets RHP pitcher Jenrry Mejia, being eased into the closers role, was unavailable after pitching the ninth inning Thursday night. "He hasnt been back-to-back in four years, so weve got to be careful," Collins said, adding Mejia will pitch consecutive games soon. . New Yorks Bartolo Colon (2-5, 5.84) opposes Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.97) Saturday. Cheap Jordan 1 Retro . Dwyane Wade took over in the fourth quarter. Jordan 1 Outlet Online . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. http://www.airjordan1discount.com/ . Or take a relaxing vacation somewhere warm. Brayden Schenn and Scott Hartnell scored, Ray Emery stopped 32 shots and the Flyers beat the Calgary Flames 2-1 on Saturday for their fourth straight victory. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs. Radim Vrbata and Antoine Vermette scored first-period goals and the Phoenix Coyotes held on for a 2-1 win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday night. Coyotes goalie Mike Smith had a shutout until Chris Gomez scored with 4:08 to play. Smith had 22 saves. The game was no thing of beauty. "They all cant all be masterpieces," Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said. "We got up two goals and we won. Well leave it at that." The victory, coupled with Dallas loss to Philadelphia, put the Coyotes four points ahead of the Stars for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West. Phoenix has won five of six and seven of nine. "Maybe desperation," Vrbata said when asked what was driving the recent success. "We know where we are in the standings and that we need every point we can get. We lost too many games before, games we should have won. " Smiths play has been central to the recent wins and he was strong again Thursday. "Before they got that goal, he was outstanding," Tippett said, "and then he got some after that." There werent many shots, Tippett said, but several were difficult saves. Robert Luongo had 20 saves for the Panthers. The Coyotes scored their first goal on a power play after Floridas Jimmy Hayes was sent to the penalty box for holding. Oliver Ekman-Larssons shot from directly in front of the net glanced off Martin Hanzals skate and was knocked into the net by Vrbata for his 20th goal of the season. Phoenix killed two penalties the rest of the period, then made it 2-0 when Vermette hit the puck innto a virtually empty net off a deflected shot by Mike Stone. Discount Air Jordan 1. Stones shot bounced off Luongos midsection and right to Vermette. Luongo complained that the goal should have been disallowed because Mikkel Boedker had knocked the goalie to the ice, creating an opening for the goal, but the score stood and it was 2-0 after two. "I think they missed it," Florida coach Peter Horachek said. ".. It should have been an interference call. A lot of those things are going to happen and youre going to have to deal with them, everybody else does, but when you look back at it, it makes it 1-1." Luongo said hed have to look at the tape, but added "its tough to do my job when I end up in the corner." Tippett said Boedker was shoved in to the goalie. "Theyre guy pushed," Tippett said. "I thought it was the right call. Boedker wouldnt have been in there if he hadnt got pushed." "If he hadnt been shoved, he wouldnt have been in there," Tippett said. It was Vermettes team-leading 22nd goal. Hanzal and Ekman-Larsson got assists on Vrbatas goal, Stone and Boedker on the second. Gomezs goal, his first in 36 games, came on a wrist shot that fluttered past Smith. The three-game winning streak is Phoenixs longest since it won five in a row from Oct. 26 to Nov. 5. NOTES: Florida ranks last in the NHL in power-play goals and last in penalty kills. ... Entering the night, Smith had a 1.92 goals-against average and .936 save percentage in his previous 14 games. ... Phoenix swept the season series 2-0, winning at Florida 3-1 on March 11. ... Phoenix is home against Boston Saturday night. ... The Panthers were on the second stop of a four-game road trip. They are at Los Angeles on Saturday. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL
potential playoff games

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz