Jan Kostalek scored twice, including 46 seconds into overtime, as the Rimouski Oceanic extended their win streak to 16 games by

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 23.07.2018 11:53

CHARLESTON, S. Marquis Haynes Panthers Jersey .C. -- Andrea Petkovic remembered why she started playing tennis and along the way gave everyone else a reminder about how talented she is when shes at her best. The 26-year-old from Germany, who fell from ninth in the world in 2011 to 177th two years later, capped a stunning run to the Family Circle Cup title on Sunday, Petkovics first win in three years. She outlasted Jana Cepelova 7-5, 6-2 in the finals. "I just wanted to get back to why I started playing tennis, because I had fun playing it and because I love the sport," said Petkovic, whose progresses was slowed by several injuries that cost her much of 2012. The climb back was painful at times. Petkovic wanted to quit the game after falling in French Open qualifying last year and wondered if shed ever feel success at the sport again. So she decided to play for fun and not for the wins. "I just needed to remind myself and it came together this week, and Im very thrilled about that," she said. Petkovic entered this one seeded 14th, ranked 40th in the world and with few expectations about her first clay-court event of the season. Instead, Petkovics powerful forehand and grind-it-out mindset helped her oust three straight top 10 seeds in No. 4 Sabine Lisicki, No. 9 Lucie Safarova and No. 6 Eugenie Bouchard on the way to the finals. Petkovic used that same formula against Cepelova, a rising 20-year-old from Slovakia competing in her first WTA final. Cepelova led 5-4 and was a point away from capturing the first set. But Petkovic rallied to win that game and begin a run of eight in a row to take control of the match. "I have to let loose and play like I can," she told herself. Petkovic was energized after winning the crucial game and quickly broke serve to move in front. She took the set a game later and continued her run to build a 5-0 lead that Cepelova could not overcome. For Petkovic, the victory was more gratifying than her two other career WTA wins because of all her struggles. This "is a different feeling," she said. "Now, Im much more grateful. Its more rewarding." Petkovic dropped to the ground when Cepelovas final shot landed out of play. She jogged to the net to hug her opponent, waved to the crowd and did a celebration dance as fans applauded. She let her fun side shine through all week. She joked in postgame comments she might get a bit crazy on the flight back home, dancing with flight attendants and drinking champagne from her latest trophy. "Im going to have champagne and I dont even drink champagne," she said. "But Im going to have it for the heck of it." Petkovic earned $120,000 for her third career WTA victory, which was her first since winning in Strasbourg in 2011. Petkovics victory closed a week of surprises at the Family Circle Tennis Center. Only one of the tournaments top 10 seeds made it through to the final four and it was the first time a WTA tournament included three semifinalists 20 years old or younger since Amelia Island in 2008. Cepelova had a stunning run of her own, topping world No. 1 Serena Williams on Tuesday night to set the stage for plenty more unexpected results. Cepelova became the Family Circle Cups first unseeded finalist since Elena Vesnina in 2011. Cepelova didnt expect a long visit here, arriving without her coach, trainers and hitting partners. She typically ordered room service at the hotel and had to scrape around to find hitting partners to warm up before matches. "Before the tournament, if somebody told me youll be in the tournament finals I would not believe them," Cepelova said with a smile. "But it was a really nice week." Cepelova is also projected to move up some 30 spots in the rankings to around 50th in the world when the new list comes out next week, the WTA said. Petkovic won the title in her second appearance here. She had reached the round of 16 last year, but had to withdraw from a match against Caroline Wozniacki. She was on the phone with her father, Zoran, after the win. Father and daughter now have Palmetto State success in common. Zoran Petkovic was one of the leading singles players at the University of South Carolina in the early 1980s. He told his daughter stories of how Americans on campus loved wearing "cowboy boots and blue jeans," she recalled, laughing. "He was very happy, very emotional," Andrea Petkovic said of their phone call. "I dont know if he was tearing up, though." D.J. Moore Jersey . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Dontari Poe Jersey . "Yeah, [I heard them]," he said. "They made me miss the free throw." A year ago, Lowrys post-game antics may not have been so well received but what was snide and snarky is now endearing quick wit. http://www.authenticpanthersfootball.com/women-dj-moore-jersey/ . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter.ARLINGTON, Va. -- Ryan Miller was simply brilliant at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He put the U.S. in a position to win silver and came within a goal of gold. The Buffalo Sabres goaltender was named tournament MVP after making 139 saves on 147 shots over six games. Not a bad, little run. His Olympic journey, however, may have ended there. Even though hes just 33 years old, potentially in the prime of his career, theres a chance he might not be at the Sochi Games. Miller has struggled to have success since the last Olympics for the Sabres, whose rebuilding efforts may include trading him with one year left on his contract. USA Hockey coaches and officials invited 48 players to this weeks camp because of their body of work or potential as a future Olympian, but management has made it clear how each player performs for their NHL club from October through December will be pivotal when the 25-man roster is revealed on New Years Day. "Ryan is well aware of that," general manager David Poile said Tuesday at the Washington Capitals training facility, as Team USA wrapped up a camp. Miller is one of six goalies in the mix and hes in a pack of perhaps four players vying for two spots behind Los Angeles Kings and Stanley Cup-winning star Jonathan Quick. "Its wide open," Miller acknowledged. That may be bad news for him. Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings, Craig Anderson of the Ottawa Senators and Cory Schneider of the New Jersey Devils might get the other two spots as Quicks backups. John Gibson, a 20-year-old prospect, was also invited to this weeks camp, but isnt expected to make the team. Miller made it clear what his goal is over the final months of 2013. "I want to make the team," he said. "I want to be the guy who is there stopping pucks in Sochi. I want to start." Miller started in each of the six games at the Vancouver Games and the only game he didnt finish was a 6-1 rout against Finland in the semifinals. His run included a spectacular, 42-save performance in a 5-3 win over Canada in the preliminary round. "It was the best two weeks Ive seen a goalie play in my lifetime," said Quick, who was the third goalie behind Miiller and Tim Thomas in 2010. Donte Jackson Jersey. Quick, though, has perhaps been the best goalie on the planet the past two years. He lifted Los Angeles to a Stanley Cup championship in 2012 -- allowing an average of 1.41 goals a game during the playoffs -- and helped the Kings reach the 2013 Western Conference finals while giving up an average of fewer than two goals a game. During each of the last two postseasons, Quick had three shutouts. Quicks time, for the Americans, seems to be now. "What makes Quickie unique is his attitude," Kings and U.S. teammate Dustin Brown said. "Hell make a save he has no business making and then hell flip the puck out to the dot like it was just another save. His quiet arrogance trickles down and rubs off on guys." Miller is also relatively quiet, and has been mostly mum about the trade rumours swirling around him this off-season, but insisted he doesnt resent the fact that he appears to be on the trading block. "Thats the nature of sports," Miller said. "Its a transitional time in Buffalo. ... I think its still a feeling-out process about where I fit into that. I got one more year left and my intention is to be the best I can be. "I feel like I still have a lot of hockey left and feel like I can still play at a high level." The one puck Miller couldnt stop in 2010 that haunted him for a while was Sidney Crosbys wrist shot 7:40 into overtime that gave Canada the gold. "Its not a sore subject for me, anymore, but its definitely bittersweet," Miller said. "It was a lot of fun to play hockey at such a high level in a great place, where they respect hockey, but at the same time it wasnt the fairy-tale ending. You just have to trudge on and hope for your next opportunity." It will be up to Poile and his advisory group, which includes some other NHL general managers, to decide if Miller will get that chance in Russia. While every spot on the team is important, none will be more than who is in net. "We got to make the right decision," Poile said. "Because if we screw up on one up guy, that could be the difference between us winning and not winning." Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

LOUISVILLE, Ky.
BUFFALO, N.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz