Giants-Jets final score: Giants defeat Jets 22-16 It was an early

#1 von liny195 , 13.11.2018 04:14

game of back and forths until the New York Giants pulled away with a 22-16 win over the New York Jets in a preseason game Friday night at MetLife Stadium.The Giants defense started on a rough note New York Giants Womens T-Shirt , allowing an 11-play, 75-yard touchdown drive to start the game which included a few big third down conversions from the Jets’ offense.A drive later, the Giants forced a three-and-out which resulted in a 55-yard punt return for a touchdown from Hunter Sharp.Next was a deep pass from Eli Manning only to result in a strip of Jonathan Stewart in the red zone on the next play. The Jets finished that drive with a touchdown — and on it went.The run game was a big focus during the day and early in the game, but that didn’t work out too well. Stewart got the start, carried the ball three times, lost 7 yards and the ball on the fumble. Wayne Gallman came in on the third drive and played into the second half. He had 11 carries for 23 yards along with four receptions on four targets for 19 yards.Eli Manning was the most comfortable he looked during the preseason and thrived on play-action passes despite poor support on the ground (crazy how that works). He had six incompletions in his half of work — two were third-down drops from Hunter Sharp and a third appeared to be a miscommunication with Sharp in the end zone. He ended 17-of-23 for 188 yards (8.2 yards per attempt) with no touchdowns and no interceptions.Sterling Shepard was the go-to receiver in the first half with seven receptions on seven targets for 78 yards. He moved around from the outside to the slot and won wherever he was positioned.Early defensive struggles were a key in letting the Jets get out to an early lead. As has been the case through this preseason, the Jets picked on Eli Apple to start the game. The biggest issue came on the ground, where the Jets gashed the Giants on the first drive. There was again concern with linebackers in coverage. Terrelle Pryor had a 12-yard touchdown reception when he beat slot corner B.W. Webb across the field New York Giants Hats , but B.J. Goodson was slow to react and pick the receiver up before he turned the corner. But after the touchdown drive, the first-team defense turned it on and stopped the Jets offense.Among the defensive starters, Dalvin Tomlinson stood out with a tackle for loss in the run game and a quarterback hit that forced an intentional grounding penalty from Sam Darnold. Davis Webb had a 47-yard pass to Alonzo Russell, and finished 5-of-11 for 73 yards (6.6 YPA) with that 47-yard pass accounting for 64.3 percent of his passing yards.Rookie Kyle Lauletta got a majority of the fourth quarter, but still came up with limited time to work. Late in the game with the lead, the Giants appeared more concerned with running out the clock than giving Lauletta reps in the passing game. He threw just two passes with one completion for 1-yard despite coming in with over 10 minutes left in the game.With a shortage at running back, recent signee Jhurell Pressley took over after Gallman and looked smooth on his runs. He had 12 carries for 71 yards with a 20-yard run thrown in the mix.Moments that matteredHunter Sharp’s 55-yard punt return for a touchdown tied the game 7-7 and might have won him a spot on the roster as a kick returner, even if his play as a wide receiver might indicate otherwise.Eli Manning had a deep 54-yard pass to Cody Latimer off play-action.Sterling Shepard had an incredible grab down the field in tight coverage in the middle of the second quarter.Injury ReportTight end took a hit against the Jets. Rhett Ellison left the game early with what was later labeled an eye injury. Evan Engram left the game in the second quarter with a concussion.What’s next?The Giants will conclude their preseason at home against the New England Patriots next Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET.Saquon Barkley tells Peter King he had doubts about playing football Since arriving in East Rutherford New York Giants Womens Hoodie , New York Giants rookie running back Saquon Barkley has not only at times looked like a veteran running back, he’s also gone about his business like someone who has played in the league a lot longer than one game.Surprisingly, Barkley wasn’t always so sure about his athletic future. In an exclusive interview airing on Football Night in America, Barkley admitted to NFL insider Peter King that at one point, he had doubts about his football future.It was Barkley’s father Alibay who convinced his son to stick with the game.“That’s when my life just kind of changed for me, when my mentality started changing, when I started really envisioning myself playing in the NFL and playing college football.”Barkley, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 draft Womens Customized New York Giants Jerseys , had a very successful three-year career for Penn State. He rushed for 3,843 yards and 43 touchdowns on 671 carries and added another 1,195 yards and 8 touchdowns on 102 receptions.The Giants have been intrigued not only by Barkley's running ability, but also by his ability to create mismatches in space. In last week’s game, Barkley gained 106 yards on 18 carries, including a 68-yard touchdown run. He also added two receptions for 22 yards.Barkley’s budding NFL career might just be getting started, but already the 21-year-old rookie has recognized a couple of goals. The first was his buying a new home for his family.“My family had their own struggles before and that’s something that I thought we never really had,” he told King. “We obviously always had a home but had to pay rent. Now www.giantscheapshops.com , my mom doesn’t really have to focus on that anymore.”The other accomplishment is that he’s now in the Madden video game, a fact that has his father beyond thrilled.“The one thing that I am excited (for), is that my son is on Madden. That’s crazy,” Alibay Barkley told King. The full interview, which will also include quotes from Hall of Fame Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith on Barkley, will air before the Giants and Cowboys kickoff their contest at 8:20 p.m.

liny195  
liny195

Don't expect the NFL to institute a national anthem policy this season
N.Y. GIANTS (0-2) at HOUSTON (0-2)Sunday

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz