INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Anthony Bennett wasnt really all that interested in playing basketball. [url=http://www.germanysoccerpro.c

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 22.06.2018 10:55

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Anthony Bennett wasnt really all that interested in playing basketball. Germany Blank Jerseys . Yeah, it was cool dunking on guys, and a great way to make new friends after moving from Toronto to the citys suburbs. Then, he decided to get serious about six or seven years ago. His future was calling. "I just started growing," Bennett said, flashing a smile while talking about his unique path to the NBA. "And everyone said, You should probably play basketball. So I said, All right. Ill give it a shot. Look where it got me now." Look indeed. Bennett was formally introduced Friday by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who shocked the draft by selecting the UNLV power forward with the No. 1 overall pick on Thursday night. Although he wasnt regarded by many draft experts as the best player available, Bennett was always at the top of Clevelands board. They scouted the 6-foot-7, 240-pounder extensively all season, fell in love with his game and after getting rave reviews about his character, chose him over Kentucky centre Nerlens Noel, Kansas guard Ben McLemore, Georgetown forward Otto Porter Jr. in a flawed draft. "As we did our evaluations throughout the entire year, we just kept coming back to his ability and his talent and how it fit with our guys," Cavs general manager Chris Grant said. "A lot of times, like last year, its just clear-cut. But for us, through the year, we always had him very high in our rankings and as we went back and reviewed the film and went on campus and visited everybody, we came away saying hes a great kid. Hes willing to work and do the right things and hes got a bunch of talent." From almost the moment they won the lottery until they had to call the league with their pick, the Cavs listened to multiple trade offers before taking Bennett, who averaged 16.1 points and 8.1 rebounds in his one season with the Runnin Rebels. Bennett didnt find basketball as much as the sport discovered him. After his family moved from the rough Jane and Finch area of inner Toronto to Brampton, Ontario, Bennett enjoyed playing hoops, but it wasnt his passion. "I was just playing around and just wasting time," he said. His mother, Edith, was encouraged to get him on an organized team, but as she watched her boy clumsily run up and down the floor, she never dreamed it would one day become his profession. "At first, people were saying, Oh, he cant play," she said. "But a few of the coaches stuck with him and gave him a chance. See what a chance will get you?" Bennetts arrival didnt come without some risks for the Cavs. He recently underwent shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and has reportedly struggled with his weight while recovering. Grant, though, sees him as the next piece -- along with Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters -- to help turn around a franchise that has gone 64-166 in the three seasons since LeBron James left. "A lot of guys in this draft were out for medical reasons, but at the end of the day we just felt like this was the right guy to add with all the talent he has," Grant said. "You put him in a pick and roll with Dion or Kyrie, hes going to be pretty difficult to guard because he can shoot the ball and is athletic and can handle the ball and get to the rim." Theres a strong possibility Bennett wont even start as a rookie next season. He could wind up as a backup to fellow Canadian Tristan Thompson, who was taken by the Cavs in the first round in 2011. Like Bennett, Thompson grew up in Brampton. "I feel like me and Tristan will become best friends," Bennett said. "Hes going to be my go-to guy just because hes from Canada. Im sure there are lot more guys on that team I can go to, but just because even if Im here in Cleveland or back home in Brampton, I can talk to him anywhere I am." Some questioned why the Cavs would take another power forward with Thompson on the roster and other pressing needs like a shooter or small forward. Cavs coach Mike Brown isnt concerned about having two potential starting power forwards and is confident playing time will begin to get sorted out in training camp. "They have to go out and compete," Brown said. "They may be buddies, but once they cross that line, I think theyll get after each other. Theyll want to make themselves better, as well as the team. Its great to have depth in all areas. Anthony is definitely a guy that has added that to us. He is versatile. Hes different than the bigs we have. "He can be used in a lot of different ways." As his skills developed and his game blossomed, Bennett kept a list of players he dunked over. A dunking diary, so to speak. "I thought it was pretty fun to do," he said with laugh. "It was between me and my friends growing up in Canada. I thought, Why not? I think I gave it a year and a half. When I got to 100, I stopped." Hes already made history as the first player from his country to be taken first overall, and Bennett says theres plenty more talent north of the U.S. border. And now that the Cavs have two Canadians, is he expecting to hear "O Canada" played before games in Cleveland? "If it happens, man, Ill be happy," he said. Mats Hummels Germany Jersey . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Joshua Kimmich Jersey . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. http://www.germanysoccerpro.com/Leon-Goretzka-Germany-Jersey/ . His big 2-minute outburst in the fourth quarter Tuesday night is all that really mattered for the Dallas Mavericks.HAMILTON - Brandon Stewart and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats emphatically punched their playoff tickets Saturday.Stewart scored a key first-half touchdown before Brandon Banks and Nic Grigsby added fourth-quarter scores as Hamilton cemented top spot in the East Division with a 29-15 home win over the Montreal Alouettes. The Ticats capped their regular season with a 7-2 record, their best second-half mark since 72 when after a 1-3 start the squad won 10 straight en route to a Grey Cup title.Following a 1-6 start, Hamilton is a win away from a second straight Grey Cup appearance.Whoever is coming theyve got to come to Tiger-town to see us, Stewart said. What else would we want?You have to come through Hamilton to get to the ship.Hamilton (9-9) needed to beat Montreal (9-9) by eight or more points to finish first and host the division final Nov. 23. The Ticats have not hosted the CFL East final since 1998. The Alouettes won the first meeting 38-31 on Sept. 7.The Ticats also eliminated Toronto (8-10) from post-season contention. The Argos, who beat Ottawa 23-5 on Friday night, needed Montreal to win in order to take second in the East Division.The Alouettes will host the B.C. Lions in the East semifinal next weekend.Zach Collaros hit Banks on a 15-yard TD strike at 2:31 of the fourth, capping a smart 57-yard, 11-play drive that mostly came against a stiff wind in the third. After a Montreal field goal, Grigsby scored on a six-yard run at 11:24 to put Hamilton ahead 28-9.We never lost the faith, Collaros said of Hamiltons stunning turnaround. We knew we were a good football team, we knew we were a bunch of good football players.We finally started to execute a little bit and just played great team football.Added head coach/GM Kent Austin: We have a really strong locker-room and these men believe in each other. Theyre a no-excuse football team, they come to work, they understand they have to have constant improvement.Hamilton improved to 6-0 at Tim Hortons Field before an enthusiastic gathering of 24,186 that braved wet and windy conditions. The contest marked the first time the upper deck was open.Collaros was an efficient 20-of-28 passing for 208 yards with a TD an interception. Banks finished with five catches for a team-high 65 yards but Hamiltons offensive workhorse was Grigsby, who ran for game-high 93 yards on 19 carries.He really ran the ball well, especially on a day when we needed to be able to kill the clock against the wind, Austin said. To have the lead at halftime and then run out the clock in the third was big.Hamilton ran for 131 yards and scored 29 points against a Montreal defence that had allowed just 74 points over its last six games. Offensively, Hamilton had the ball for almost 37 minutes as the Alouettes offence managed 281 yards, including just 17 yards rushing. Julian Brandt Germany Jersey. We did a great job against the run and got them into passing situations, Austin said.Montreal had its six-game win streak snapped and fell to 8-2 with Jonathan Crompton as its starter. Crompton was 18-of-35 passing for 284 yards and had a 17-yard TD strike to Duron Carter, but it came with 19 seconds remaining.Wed rather have it (bad game) now than next week, Crompton said. Were in the playoffs, were hosting a game so its a bitter-sweet feeling.Wed rather have a week off but, you know, lets do it the hard way.Montreal could be back in Hamilton for the East final, but Crompton said redemption is the furthest thing from his mind right now.Our focus is on the semifinal, he said. Weve got to come in and make sure we focus on the little things because now its win or go home and we know that.Weve just got to make sure we come out and perform like we need to.Justin Medlocks 23-yard field goal at 5:25 of the third put Hamilton ahead 14-6. It was set up by Craig Butlers recovery of an onside punt as Medlocks 17-yard kick hit Ed Gainey, who had lined up onside, allowing Butler to give the Ticats the ball at the Montreal 24-yard line.It was Hamiltons second such attempt and despite the two Ticats lining up onside, Montreals returners remained deep and allowed the ball to hit the ground rather than have someone come up to play it short.Medlock had two field goals, three converts and two singles.Whyte had Montreals field goals.The opportunistic Ticats scored 10 points off Montreal turnovers to take an 11-6 half-time advantage. Medlocks 18-yard field goal at 3:03 of the first came after Erik Harris recovered James Rodgers fumble on the opening kickoff.Stewarts recovery at 5:31 of the second to put Hamilton ahead 11-0. Stewart jumped on a loose ball in Montreals endzone after running back Chris Rainey couldnt handle Cromptons swing pass.Rainey, figuring it was an incomplete pass, gave no chase on the play.I dont know what he was doing but we all saw a live ball on defence, Stewart said. It was a scramble but I ended up with the ball.Cromptons 53-yard completion to S.J. Green was the big play on an 81-yard, six-play drive that Whyte capped with a 23-yard field goal to cut Hamiltons lead to 11-3 at 8:57. Whyte then connected from 30 yards out at 12:19.NOTES — Defensive back Emanuel Davis and offensive lineman Jake Olson didnt dress for Hamilton while receiver Mardy Gilyard and defensive tackle Corvey Irvin were Montreals scratches . . . The Ticats have had CFL-high 83 players on their roster this year. Theyve also had 54 different starters, also most in the league. Montreal has had the fewest starters this season with 40 . . . Former All-Pro receiver Chad Johnson remains on Montreals injured list. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ORLANDO, Fla. [url=http://www.francemaillotcoupedumonde.fr/maillot-de-foot-personnalis e.html]Maillot De Foot Personnalisé En Lig
Heres the full order of play for the Grand Slam of Darts. [url=http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Customized/]Custom Chiefs Jerse

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz