Utah missed eight of its first nine shots

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 03.11.2018 05:00

GUELPH, Ont. Ryan Ramczyk Jersey . -- With the Hamilton Tiger-Cats season hanging in the balance, rookie quarterback Dan LeFevour delivered. LeFevours two-yard TD run in overtime rallied Hamilton to a thrilling 19-16 win over the Montreal Alouettes in the East Division semifinal Sunday. The six-foot-three, 230-pound LeFevour handled the ball on six of Hamiltons eight snaps in overtime after Montreal went ahead 16-13 on Sean Whytes 34-yard field goal. All were runs -- including two successful third-down gambles -- and an 11-yard scamper that took the Ticats to the Alouettes two-yard line to set up LeFevours game-winning TD. LeFevours touchdown secured Hamiltons first home playoff win since 01 and prompted teammates to hoist him on to their shoulders, something the former Central Michigan star was uncomfortable with. "I was telling them to put me down actually," the humble LeFevour said. "This is a team game, shoot, the defence carried us all the way into the fourth quarter. Hank had a great drive going into the wind. "I really feel I was a small piece . . . everyone put in their two cents today." Ticats head coach Kent Austin had no hesitation putting Hamiltons season in a rookies hands. "The package Dan runs is suited for Dan," he said. "When you play a defence like this you have to play 12-man football on offence and by that I mean you have to add your quarterback to the run game otherwise you play 11 against 12. "Dan gives us the ability to run those packages. Hes just a highly competitive, very focused, very unselfish quarterback that is a winner." The weather was the big story of the game. An Alumni Stadium gathering of 13,320 endured intermittent rain and a biting 45-kilometre an hour wind that gusted up to 66 kilometres throughout, making it feel like -1 C with the windchill. Predictably, both teams struggled with the conditions, committing four turnovers apiece and punting a total of 17 times. At halftime, Montreal led 2-0 but Whyte forced overtime with a 32-yard field goal at 14:55 of the fourth as each squad came up with big drives into the howling wind. Hamilton surged ahead 13-10 on Henry Burriss 17-yard TD strike to C.J. Gable with 1:04 remaining in the fourth, capping a smart 97-yard, 12-play drive against the wind. In the third, Montreal went ahead 9-6 on Troy Smiths 29-yard TD strike to Duron Carter at 10:27 to culminate a four-play, 75-yard march. Burris finished 23-of-36 passing for 203 yards with a TD and interception and said the weather conditions made it tough to execute offensively. But he said patience was a key factor on Hamiltons fourth-quarter drive. "Oh man, Mother Nature was not on my side today, it took me a while to get in sync there," he said. "Our defence did one heck of a job of keeping us in the game and to be able to make that one drive and get the touchdown to put us in the lead and get us into overtime, that was special. "We were taking what they gave us. They werent giving us much downfield so we just kind of chipped away at it. Guys just made plays." Austin admitted the Ticats pondered going with LeFevour in the fourth but opted to go with the more experienced Burris, 38, who led the CFL in passing this year, his 15th in Canada. "At the end of the day Henry has a lot of experience and has been in these situations before," Austin said. "We just said wed empty out and Hank, youre going to have to find the receivers and understand coverage, which he does. "It was just a guy we believe in thats played well for us this year." At least Hamilton wont have to worry about weather in the East Division final. The Ticats face the defending Grey Cup-champion Toronto Argonauts next weekend at Rogers Centre, which is a domed facility. Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said Hamiltons willingness to use multiple quarterbacks will be something his defence must prepare for. "It puts a lot on your defence," he said during a conference call. "You have to essentially prepare for two different styles of offences. "How much theyll do that against us, you wont know until game day but you have to prepare for it. That makes it difficult, takes time out of practice, and when youre preparing for a bunch of different things there are things you cant cover." It will be the first East Division meeting between Hamilton and Toronto since 1986. "I really hope they keep the roof closed," said LeFevour, who finished three-of-six passing for 36 yards while running 18 times for 61 yards. The conference champion will advance to the Grey Cup on Nov. 24 in Regina. Hamilton was hosting its first home playoff game since 2010 after taking the season series with Montreal 2-1. Montreals loss tarnished an outstanding performance by Tyrell Sutton, who ran for 142 yards on 21 carries. First-year quarterback Troy Smith was 14-of-26 passing for 142 yards with a TD and interception in his first CFL playoff game. "We had a rough time this year finishing games and holding leads and as well as we played at times (Sunday) youve got to give them credit for going down the field and scoring," said interim Als coach Jim Popp. "The last two times they had the ball they scored touchdowns, thats what they did." Sundays defeat caps a roller-coaster season for Montreal, which saw GM Popp assume coaching duties after firing rookie head coach Dan Hawkins. And during the year, the Alouettes lost a number of veterans to injury, most notably quarterback Anthony Calvillo, who was on the sidelines Sunday. But the Alouettes head into the off-season with no shortage of questions, including who will coach the team and will Calvillo be able to return in 2014 from his concussion. NOTES -- As expected, linebacker Kyries Hebert (knee) was among Montreals pre-game scratches . . . Cornerback Delvin Breaux and slotback Greg Ellingston both returned to Hamiltons starting lineup from injury . . . Hamilton was 6-3 the second half of the season, tied with Toronto for the best record in the CFL behind Calgary (7-2). Montreal was 4-5 . . . . Montreals defence features six East Division all-stars, including outstanding defensive player nominee Chip Cox, who had a CFL-high 115 tackles and team-leading 12 sacks . . . Hamiltons Marc Beswick is the East nominee as outstanding special-teams player. Hes only the second non-kicker or returner to win the award as B.C.s Jason Arakgi was the first in 09 . . . Hamilton dressed a CFL-record 88 players this season, with 57 making at least one start. Discount New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Behind the talents of rookie Johnny Gaudreau, the Flames will look to keep pace Thursday night when they face the Minnesota Wild in the second of a six-game homestand. Tyeler Davison Jersey . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyssale.com/?tag=mitchell-loewen-jersey-sale . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. SALT LAKE CITY -- Stephen Curry found his shooting stroke in the second quarter, and it was more than enough to push the Golden State Warriors past the struggling Utah Jazz. Curry scored 22 points and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes had 17 apiece in the Warriors 98-87 victory Monday night. Curry had eight assists and made four 3-pointers before a scary play in the fourth quarter left him a little woozy. The star guard left the game after Utahs Marvin Williams landed on his head in a scramble for a loose ball. "I went to reach for the ball and the next thing I know, I hit the ground pretty hard and then I think Marvin landed on me," Curry said. After a couple of minutes to gain his bearings, Curry got up slowly and left the court under his own power with a towel draped over his head. But he is expected to play in Wednesdays home game against Memphis. "Ive got a nasty headache but Ill be all right," he said. The Warriors made 12 of 22 attempts from 3-point range and led by as many as 28 points. "When you defend, rebound and run, its hard to guard us. Any one of us can make a play in transition," Curry said. Gordon Hayward scored 18 points and Williams had 16 but the Jazz (1-11) dropped their third straight after earning their lone win of the season. Playing without injured centre Jermaine ONeal, the Warriors got 14 points and 14 rebounds from David Lee and Andrew Bogut added 13 boards and three blocked shots to neutralize Utahs inside presence. What the Jazz lack (and the Warriors have in spades) became apparent in the fourth quarter. After clawing within striking distance, Utah missed eight of its first nine shots in the final period. The Jazz are among the worst shooting teams in the league, converting less than 41 per cent of their attempts. They were even worse against Golden State, finishing at 39.5 per cent despite an abundance of clean looks at the rim. "We missed some outside jump shots and they were off to the races and in transition," Hayward said. "Its frustrating and we have to play smarter." On the other end, the Warriors heated up in the final period to put the game away. Patrick Robinson Jersey. Thompsons layup with 7:56 to play extended the lead to 92-69. "Were playing well and sharing the ball . but more importantly, our defence is solid," Curry said. "When you are getting stops and youre able to run in transition, the offence seems to flow pretty smoothly." Utah did have one strong stretch in the third quarter. Diante Garrett, who was just signed last week, checked in and promptly scored eight in a 17-2 spurt. Garrett dished to Williams for a 3 that made it 70-57. The Warriors, who had lost their previous two road games, outrebounded Utah 57-40 and limited the NBAs best offensive rebounding team to just six. "We are starting to get an identity, especially defensively," Bogut said. "We won the rebound battle by 17 against a very good offensive rebounding team. I like our effort." Early in the second quarter, Williams made a 3-pointer to help the Jazz close to 29-27 before Curry led a 30-9 run, fueled by 6-for-8 shooting from beyond the arc for Golden State. Curry had missed eight 3-pointers in a row over the past three games before making a trio of 3s in the second-quarter surge. "It was a close game and they made three in a row there and we panicked a little bit. This is a team that is capable of scoring a lot of points in a short amount of time," Utah coach Ty Corbin said. Golden State also won the front end of a home-and-away set between the teams. Thompson had 25 points as the Warriors held off the Jazz 102-88 on Saturday. ONeal missed the game with a bruised right knee and a strained right groin. He didnt travel with the team, and the reserve is considered day to day. "Were a very loose group and very young group," Bogut said. "Im kind of the old dog now at 29, believe it or not. But weve come together and its been a great start to the season." NOTES: The Warriors signed C Dewayne Dedmon from their D-League affiliate in Santa Cruz. Dedmon did not play. ... The Jazz turned the ball over just 11 times but the miscues led to 19 Golden State points. ... The attendance was 16,051, one of the lowest numbers in years at the Energy Solutions Arena. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

15,000 was undefeated after four matches
I was so tired I wasnt sure if Id be able

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz