Surrey director of cricket Alec Stewart believes Ben Stokes could open the batting alongside Jason Roy for their World T20 game

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 06.06.2018 08:50

Surrey director of cricket Alec Stewart believes Ben Stokes could open the batting alongside Jason Roy for their World T20 game with Afghanistan if Alex Hales is ruled out through injury. J.A. Happ Jersey . Hales and Roy have struck up a positive partnership at the top of the order but Nottinghamshires Hales is struggling with a back problem that will be assessed on Wednesday morning ahead of the game, live on Sky Sports 2 HD from 9am.James Vince appears likely to come in to replace him but former England captain Stewart is keen to see Stokes and Roy opening the batting in Delhi. It will be a huge blow, Jason Roy and Alex Hales are two very destructive players and they have created a very good opening partnership, Stewart told Sky Sports News HQ.Lets hope he is 100 per cent fit and the two of them can go out and open the batting and repeat what they did the other day against South Africa.You want to still take the attacking options and I wouldnt be against pushing Ben Stokes up the top of the order if Alex Hales isnt fit. Eoin Morgan says England will leave their decision over playing a third spinner against Afghanistan on Wednesday until the last minute. Theres James Vince there in reserve but if Ben Stokes bats for 10 or 12 overs, England will win the game, I promise you that.He doesnt open too often, perhaps just one or two occasions for Durham, but I would gamble and say to Ben go up there, show how good you are, and bat with Jason Roy.Stewart is well aware of Roys abilities, having regularly seen him opening the batting for Surrey, and he feels he has the ability to swing a game in his teams favour in the same way Stokes can. He is a destructive player. If you speak to bowlers, he is one of the last batsmen they would want to bowl to, Stewart said of Roy.He destroyed Dale Steyn in that opening over [against South Africa], to really set the tone for England to go on and win that game.Joe Root took the plaudits and rightly so but Jason Roy really took the attack to the opposition, he put them on the backfoot, to allow England to bring that run-rate down. Surrey Director of Cricket Stewart would like to see Stokes and Jason Roy bat together at the top of the order Just like Stokes, if Roy bats 10 overs in a 20-over game, that side will win more times than not.He [Roy] just needs to bat a little longer now and get 75 or even a hundred.As for Englands chances of winning the tournament, Stewart is convinced they can beat anyone on their day and could yet cause an upset.I said before the tournament started, England wont be one of the favourites but they are a very dangerous side, he added.We saw that against South Africa and although we didnt see it [in their opening defeat] against West Indies, if they are on their A game, they can beat anyone. Morgan unsure on third spinner Eoin Morgan will make late call on how many spinners will face Afghanistan I include West Indies and India in that, who are probably the two favourites, although we must not discount New Zealand.If England can repeat what they did with the bat against South Africa, they then need to be just a little bit smarter with the ball and execute their variations a little better.They can go all the way but they have to be on their A game.Watch England v Afghanistan in the World T20 on Wednesday. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 2 HD at 9am. Also See: Moeen: Spin could be crucial Root inspires record chase Morgan unsure on third spinner Cricket video Marco Estrada Jersey . - Ronda Rousey realizes shes finishing up one of the biggest years for any fighter in the young history of mixed martial arts at UFC 168, and the UFCs bantamweight champion intends to go out on top. Darwin Barney Jersey . Erik Logan, president of the network, said Friday that the postponement was made after meetings with the St. Louis Rams. http://www.teambluejaysprostore.us/Mat-Latos-blue-jays-jersey/ .C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2.PARIS - Teenager Belinda Bencic eased past Virginie Razzano 6-1, 6-1 Sunday to bring Switzerland level with France at 2-2 in the first round of their Fed Cup World Group II tie. Bencic showed great composure to break Razzano five times in the one-sided match. "I just played with no pressure," Bencic told Sport Plus television. "I just enjoyed the match. I was so relaxed." Bencic took a 4-0 lead and won the first set when Razzano netted a volley. The 16-year-old Swiss capitalized on two forehand errors from Razzano to also break serve at 2-1 and 4-1 in the final set. Bencic converted her third match point when the 30-year-old Razzano sent a backhand into the net. "I couldnt do anything against her today," Razzano told Sport Plus television. "I tthink shes an unbelievable player. B.J. Upton Jersey. She plays some dream tennis. Her future is promising." Earlier, Alize Cornet beat Timea Bacsinszky 6-2, 7-6 (4) to give France a 2-1 lead. Cornet won six straight games to rally from a 2-0 deficit and take the first set. The 25th-ranked Frenchwoman broke back twice in the second set before Bacsinszky saved a match point at 5-4. In the tiebreaker, Cornet jumped to a 5-2 lead and clinched victory when Bacsinszkys backhand sailed wide. "Amelie kept her trust in me today and Im glad I did not prove her wrong," Cornet said in reference to France captain Amelie Mauresmo. In Saturdays singles, Razzano dismissed Stefanie Voegele 6-2, 6-1 to put France ahead before Bencic upset Cornet 7-5, 6-4 to level the tie. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Sasha Banks became Womens Champion for the second time after beating Charlotte in the main event of Monday nights WWE Raw. [url=
Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.hockeyhurricanes.com/jeff-skinner-hockey-jersey/]Jeff Skinner Jersey[/url] .com

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz