the Rockets for a 104-103 victory

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 27.10.2018 03:19

CANTON, Ohio -- As the crowd of football fans bowed their heads before Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spoke, a priest delivering the invocation asked for a special blessing for new quarterback Johnny Manziel. Stitched Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . He may need more than divine intervention. "Father, I dont think Ive ever heard a prayer like that," Haslam told the clergy man. "Im not sure what Brian Hoyer thought of that either." Speaking for the first time since the Browns landed Manziel, Texas A&Ms playmaking quarterback in the NFL draft, Haslam made it clear that Johnny Football will have to earn everything he gets and wont jump Brian Hoyer on the depth chart just because he has a Heisman Trophy, celebrity friends or fame. "Hes not the starter," Haslam said of Manziel. Haslam spoke Monday to a packed room of 500 -- most of them hardcore Cleveland fans, who wanted to know how the Browns boss felt the team did in the three-day draft. Clevelands biggest move was picking the polarizing Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick in the first round. His selection has brought a buzz to the Browns and sparked sales of season tickets and No. 2 jerseys. And while Haslam is thrilled at the pick, he said the Browns -- starting with first-year coach Mike Pettine -- have told Manziel not to expect any preferential treatment. "We were very frank with him that Youre the backup quarterback. This is a hardworking, blue-collar town. This isnt Hollywood," Haslam said. "We want you to come in here, work hard and work as hard as anybody on the team. Hes not the starter. Brian Hoyer is our starting quarterback. Johnny is the backup." Haslam called Manziel "ultra-competitive" and feels the 21-year-old will come to training camp with the right attitude. He knows Manziel wants to prove he can succeed in the pros. "I think youll find a guy thats really hard-working, a serious guy that doesnt want to be a three-year-in-the-league flash-and-out who makes a lot of money on endorsements," Haslam said. "Hes a football player. He was a little upset he went 22. He was a little upset he was the second quarterback picked. I think he comes in with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and wants to show the people hes about winning games and not about all the other stuff, if you will." Following the speech, Haslam also denounced a report that the Browns originally submitted Lousiville quarterback Teddy Bridgewaters name on the draft card at No. 22 before changing it to Manziels. "Thats crazy. Thats nuts," Haslam told The Associated Press. Earlier, Pettine shot down the same report at the teams charity golf outing in Aurora. "Its absolutely false," Pettine said. "I heard that story too. Its beyond laughable." Haslam also tried to clear up any misconceptions that he was the one who orchestrated the pick of Manziel. Haslam complimented general manager Ray Farmer for staying "unbelievably disciplined" during the draft and said it was the GMs choice -- not his -- to move up and take Manziel. "I thought it was very important we take a quarterback this year, because Brian Hoyer -- great guy, great leader -- hasnt played that much and is coming off an injury. "So I thought it was important to take a quarterback. We picked the top-rated quarterback on our board when he was available. That was solely Rays call, not my call. Soley Rays call, not my call. OK?" Haslam was careful not to comment directly on the fluid situation involving Pro Bowl wide receiver Josh Gordon. ESPN reported on Friday that Gordon is facing a one-year ban from the league for failing another drug test. Gordon was suspended two games last season for violating the leagues substance abuse policy but still led the league in yards receiving. Haslam said Gordon is making strides, and the third-year player has the Browns support. "Josh is 22 years old, OK?" he said, "and all of us need to think back to when we were 22 or think back to when our kids were 22, OK? Josh is learning and growing and improving as a person. Hes learning how to work hard. Hes learning how to be a professional. Josh is a smart young man. "All of us have made mistakes when we were that age. Were counting on Josh being a good football player for the Browns for a long time to come. We have all spent a lot of time talking to Josh and Im not going to comment on the situation, but Ill say this, Ive been very pleased with his professional growth over the last year and the way he handles himself." Stitched Denver Broncos Jerseys . Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process. Stitched Indianapolis Colts Jerseys .5 million contract with the right-handed reliever. Ziegler revealed the agreement via Twitter, saying hes "really excited to stay in Arizona for a couple more years, at least. http://www.stitchednfljerseys.us.com/Stitched-Miami-Dolphins-Nike-Jerseys-Cheap/ . Bookies were offering odds of 13/1 before kickoff that the home team Houston Dynamo would prevail by three goals to nil.HOUSTON - With his team under constant assault down the stretch Monday night, Bradley Beal did what needed to be done: He played with confidence.Beal scored a season-high 33 points, including six free throws in the final two minutes, and Washington survived a furious fourth-quarter rally by the Rockets for a 104-103 victory.I was just being aggressive, taking what the defence gave me, said Beal, who also went 5-for-9 from 3-point range. I was fortunate to have a lot of open shots.Paul Pierce added 21, and John Wall finished with 13 to go with a game-high 12 assists for Washington, which got its third straight victory to open a five-game road trip.Washington improved to 22-8 to match its best start after 30 games in franchise history. The last time they did it was the 1974-75 season.James Harden scored 33 points — including nine in the final 20 seconds, capped by a 3-pointer with under a second to go in regulation — and Corey Brewer added 15 from the bench for the Rockets (21-9), who dropped their third straight.Trevor Ariza, facing his former team for the first time since signing with Houston in the off-season, finished with 15 points and five rebounds.The win was far from perfect for Washington, which led by 18 points in the third quarter before succumbing to sloppy play.Houston outscored the Wizards on second-chance points (18-9) and points in the paint (50-34) but was plagued by poor shooting.Washington had no such issues, shooting nearly 93 per cent from the free-throw line and 44.4 per cent from beyond the arc. Beals steady hand from the free-throw line helped the Wizards avoid a disaster.It was me shooting with confidence and playing with confidence, Beal said.Washington coach Randy Wittman will take it.Listen, its hard to win in this league, Wittman said. What am I taking away from this? Its a good win to start this road trip. There are things we can do better and we learn from them. But in my book there is not a bad win.The Wizards opened the second half on a 9-4 run over the first two minutes and never trailed aafter that. Stitched Minnesota Vikings Jerseys. . The Rockets didnt help themselves, committing five turnovers during the span.Beal helped give the Wizards a 46-45 halftime lead with 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting.The Wizards trailed by seven after Patrick Beverleys layup with 4:46 left in the half, but Beal led a 13-4 surge in the final four minutes with back-to-back 3-pointers.We had a bad end of the second quarter and we had a bad start to the third, Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. We put ourselves in a big hole.Houston had early success against Wall. He entered the game averaging 17.4 points and 11.7 assists on just under 50-per cent shooting in December.It was a big win, Wall said. We almost gave it away with me giving away two turnovers at the end and giving them opportunities to score, but guys stepped up and made big plays for us. ___TIP-INSThe Rockets: Harden was named player of the week for the Western Conference after helping Houston to a 2-1 record. Harden averaged a league-best 34.7 points and 7.3 assists. He deserves it, McHale said. We wouldnt have the record we have if it wasnt for James, no question about that. . G Alexey Shved missed his second consecutive game because of a left ankle sprain.The Wizards: F Martell Webster suited up for the first time this season after Washington activated him earlier Monday. The move came some six months after he underwent back surgery to repair a herniated disk. Webster saw no action.UP NEXTHouston plays host to Charlotte on Wednesday.Washington visits Dallas on Tuesday, the second of a five-game road swing.GOAL MALFUNCTIONThe matchup got off to a bumpy start. Play was stopped 48 seconds into the first quarter because the rim the Rockets were shooting became crooked. It took Toyota Center staff about 30 minutes to replace the goal, and play resumed after an additional five-minute warmup period.The episode was reminiscent of another delay experienced by both teams in January, when a water leak at Verizon Center in D.C. resulted in a rare rain delay lasting more than a half hour. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

obvious passing downs
Winnipeg last week seems like a decent matchup

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz