JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Oscar Pistorius was in an altercation at an upmarket nightclub over the weekend, his family said T

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 30.05.2018 10:35

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Oscar Pistorius was in an altercation at an upmarket nightclub over the weekend, his family said Tuesday. T.J. Green Jersey . Pistorius went with a cousin to a trendy Johannesburg nightclub on Saturday, where he was accosted by a man who aggressively questioned him about his murder trial, his family confirmed. The man gave a different version, saying the double-amputee runner was drunk, insulted his friends and the family of President Jacob Zuma and poked him in the chest, according to Johannesburgs Star newspaper. Regardless of who started the argument, the weekend episode focuses fresh attention on the disputed character of Pistorius, a globally recognized athlete who is on trial for murder after he fatally shot girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp through a closed toilet door on Feb. 14, 2013. Defence lawyers describe Pistorius, currently free on bail, as a vulnerable figure with a disability who pulled the trigger in a tragic case of mistaken identity, but prosecutors portray him as a gun-obsessed hothead who shot Steenkamp after the couple quarreled. The trial is on a break ahead of closing arguments on Aug. 7-8, sparing Pistorius the near-daily trip to the Pretoria courthouse, where he has sometimes wept and wailed in apparent distress during testimony. The nightclub argument has put him back on the front pages of South Africas press, which has also highlighted a number of quotations about suffering and religious faith that appeared on his Twitter account in the hours that followed. The altercation in the nightspot cannot be a factor in Pistorius trial, said a legal analyst who has closely followed proceedings. "It would not be appropriate to mention it in closing arguments as it would constitute hearsay as no previous witness has entered evidence of it on the trial record," Kelly Phelps, a senior lecturer in the public law department at the University of Cape Town, wrote in an email to The Associated Press. "If it had occurred earlier in proceedings the gentleman concerned could have been called as a witness or Mr. Pistorius could have been questioned on the reports. Even then it would have very little value. The most important thing the court needs to determine is what Pistorius was thinking and how he was acting on the night in question," wrote Phelps, referring to the night on which Pistorius killed Steenkamp. Pistorius had been barred from consuming alcohol under early bail conditions, but the ban was rescinded after the defence appealed. He was seated in a quiet booth in the VIP section of the nightclub before he was approached, said Anneliese Burgess, a spokeswoman for the Pistorius family. "The individual, according to my client, started to aggressively interrogate him on matters relating to the trial. An argument ensued during which my client asked to be left alone," she said in a statement. "Oscar soon thereafter left the club with his cousin. My client regrets the decision to go to a public space and thereby inviting unwelcome attention." The man who argued with Pistorius is Jared Mortimer, according to Johannesburgs Star newspaper and The Juice, a South African celebrity news website, which quoted Mortimer as saying the Paralympic athlete started the confrontation. Pistorius said Mortimers friends had betrayed him in the murder trial, The Star quoted Mortimer as saying in an apparent reference to evidence presented in court. The athlete also said he had information that could get those friends into trouble, but he would not use it, according to Mortimer. "He was drunk, but not bad. We were drinking tequila and I still remember putting down my drink and thinking I couldnt drink it while my friends were being spoken of like that," The Star quoted Mortimer as saying. Pistorius also insulted the family of the South African president, Jacob Zuma, upsetting Mortimer, who is a friend of a member of Zumas family, according to the newspaper. "He was poking me and saying that I would never get the better of him," the newspaper quoted Mortimer as saying. "He was close to my face and at that point I pushed him to get him away from me. A chair was behind his legs and he fell to the ground." The altercation happened Saturday night in Sandton, an upscale area in Johannesburg, according to South African media. A woman who answered the telephone at The VIP Room, the club where the incident occurred, said club owner Chris Coutroulis was "overseas" and was awaiting reports from club staff who witnessed the altercation. The club website says it caters to the "nouveau riche" and invites guests to "slip on your diamante dancing shoes or designer suit and dance the night away at the most ostentatious venue in Joburg." On Monday, several quotations appeared on Pistorius Twitter account. They included the biblical verse "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted," as well as a prayer, "Lord, today I ask that you bathe those who live in pain in the river of your healing. Amen." Another tweet shows photos of Pistorius with disabled and other children and a caption about "the ability to make a difference in someones life." Burgess, the Pistorius family spokeswoman, said she was not immediately able to confirm the authenticity of the tweets. He last tweeted on Feb. 14, the first anniversary of Steenkamps death. Pistorius, who says he killed Steenkamp after thinking an intruder was about to attack him, faces 25 years to life in prison if found guilty of premeditated murder. He could also be sentenced to a shorter prison term if convicted of murder without premeditation or negligent killing. Additionally, he faces separate gun-related charges. Reggie Wayne Jersey .J. -- The Houston Astros had the No. Deyshawn Bond Jersey . Liriano pitched in and out of trouble in his duel with Josh Beckett, and Ike Davis homered to help the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 2-1 Friday night. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-clayton-geathers-colts-jersey/ . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then.Jake Peavy can pitch the San Francisco Giants to their third World Series title in five years tonight when they attempt to close out the Kansas City Royals in Game 6 at Kauffman Stadium. Thats what you play for -- to be in the World Series and to win it, Peavy said. To be the guy who gets the ball with that opportunity. Its a special opportunity, I understand that. I just have to do all I can do to be in the moment, to think about executing pitches, to find any way, any how for the San Francisco Giants to win this game. While it may seem as if all the chips are stacked against Kansas City that may not be the case. Teams going home down 3-2 in a best-of-seven World Series have won it all in eight of the last 10 instances. Also, the Giants have lost both of their series when they have been in this position. And of course, Kansas City won Games 6 and 7 at home to win the 1985 World Series. I think the character in our clubhouse is at an all-time high, Royals pitcher James Shields said. I think thats what is going to get us through the next two games. Weve been in some situations where we had to get some wins in September, and we got it done. Theres no difference. Kansas City may have done its part in getting the series back to its ballpark, but the Giants also accomplished their goal of winning a game not started by Madison Bumgarner. Now, theyll have to win another if they want to secure the eighth world title in team history. Peavy will get the first crack at it, as he tries to reverse his postseason fortunes. Peavy ran into trouble against the Royals his third time through the lineup in Game 2 and left after allowing four runs and six hits in five-plus innings of work. Hes pitched to a 3.68 ERA in three starts this postseason, but is just 1-4 lifetime in the playoffs with a 7.05 ERA in eight starts. Im really excited about the opportunity, I really am, Peavy said. I never thought it would happen any other way. Thats not who I am. I never thought wed get swept in the three games (at home). The thought that I might not pitch again never really entered my mind. I prepared and I expectedd to pitch again, I really did. Erik Swoope Jersey. . San Francisco has been spoiled this postseason by Bumgarner, who has put together one of the better runs in recent memory. He followed up his brilliant Game 1 showing with an even better effort in Game 5 on Sunday, as he tossed a four-hit shutout in the Giants 5-0 win. Im just happy we won, Bumgarner said. That was a big game for us, being tied 2-2. Going back to Kansas City with two games, its a whole lot better that we have to win one now instead of having to win two. The Giants have scored first in four of five games in this series and are 7-1 during the postseason under this circumstance. Theyve also scored 15 unanswered runs since falling behind 4-1 in the third inning of Game 4. Neither team homered for the third straight game, marking the first time this has happened in a World Series since Games 1-3 of the 1948 Fall Classic between the Indians and the Boston Braves. Getting the call for the Royals will be 23-year-old rookie Yordano Ventura, who pitched well against the Giants in Game 1. After allowing a leadoff home run to Gregor Blanco, Ventura settled down and ended up surrendering just two runs and eight hits in 5 1/3 frames. That kid has no fear, Royals reliever Kelvin Herrera said of Ventura. You either hit him or he hits you, but hes not going to be scared. Ventura will be pitching with a heavy heart Tuesday following the death of his friend, St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who was killed in a car accident in the Dominican Republic. Ventura plans on writing Taveras No. 18 and the initials R.I.P. on his spikes and glove in memory of his countrymate. Its going to be hard to put that aside, Ventura said on Monday, but Im going to throw everything I have out there. Im dedicating that game to him. These teams actually met in the regular season, as the Royals completed a three-game sweep at Kauffman Stadium. Going back to The K, said Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas, with those fans and that electricity, were excited. If necessary, Game 7 will be played on Wednesday at Kauffman Stadium. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

KAPOLEI, Hawaii - Angela Stanford shot a 5-under 67 on Friday to open a four-stroke lead after three rounds of the LPGA LOTTE Ch
Scottsdale, AZ (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Mateo-Kovacic-Real-Madrid-Jersey/] Mateo Kovacic Jersey[/url

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz