the Red Wings werent able to keep theirs up

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 19.10.2018 05:11

DETROIT -- If what the Boston Bruins showed in coming back to beat the Detroit Red Wings was the resolve of a champion, it certainly wasnt obvious to goaltender Tuukka Rask. Joe Morrow Jersey . The Bruins erased a two-goal deficit in Game 4 to win 3-2 in overtime Thursday night at Joe Louis Arena and set up a chance to eliminate the Red Wings on Saturday. When they were behind and struggling, Rask didnt expect a switch to flip. "It definitely didnt look like it at times," Rask said. "It was a bit ugly at times, but then we got our stuff together and got going. Its just one of those things that we have a lot of character in this room that once we get going, we can come (back) from a deficit. But it just has to happen." It happened, thanks to goals from Torey Krug, Milan Lucic and then the game-winner by Jarome Iginla on a triple deflection that Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson was helpless to stop. The Bruins now need just one victory to set up an Atlantic Division final against the rival Montreal Canadiens. "Tonight was our toughest one in the series. Thats the way its supposed to be, it usually is, as it goes on," said Iginla, whose goal came at the 13:32 mark of overtime. "Being up now, we want to close it out. Theres no questions." One question Thursday night was how the Red Wings would benefit from the return of captain Henrik Zetterberg, who was playing his first game in two months after back surgery. The crowd of 20,066 cheered Zetterberg early and often and seemed to get even more of a spark from seeing him on the ice. "Obviously having that emotional lift by getting their captain back was big for them Im sure in the dressing room and you could hear it in the crowd, as well," Lucic said. Detroit took a 1-0 lead 11 minutes in on a power-play goal by new father Niklas Kronwall, who was arguably the Red Wings best player in Game 4. Kronwalls wife gave birth to a baby boy earlier in the day. Pavel Datsyuk, whose wife gave birth to a baby girl Wednesday, made it 2-0 just 4:27 into the second on a play orchestrated by Kronwall, who was beaming at what life had to offer outside of this loss. "Obviously it was a big day for me, a big day for me and my girl," Kronwall said. "Its something Ill never forget for sure. Rushed out of here, got there just in time to be there, and then just holding your son for the first time, its a pretty special feeling." Getting a surprise, last-minute start in place of the flu-ridden Jimmy Howard, Gustavsson wasnt tested much in the first and kept the Bruins off the board until Krugs goal 10:14 into the second. Shutout bid gone, Gustavsson also lost his best chance to pick up his first win in the Stanley Cup playoffs in his debut when Lucic scored on Bostons first shot of the third period. The overtime goal was just about impossible for the former Toronto Maple Leafs netminder to stop. Bruins defenceman Dougie Hamiltons shot went off Detroit forward Luke Glendenings stick, then Iginla, then Detroit defenceman Danny DeKeyser before going into the net. "We just want to get pucks on net," Hamilton said. "We were doing a good job of that. Its pucks and bodies and things like that happen." The goal was Iginlas sixth career game-winner in the playoffs and first since 2007. "Pretty fortunate goal, fortunate bounce, an ugly one. But that seems to be how a lot of those are in OT," the former Calgary Flames captain said. "It felt pretty cool to be winning an OT game in the playoffs." For the Bruins, winning Game 4 didnt happen in that instant but rather over a gradual period of time as they made this the ninth time a team erased a two-goal deficit in these playoffs. "After they took the 2-0 lead, I thought we kind of settled down a little bit and started playing our game," Boston coach Claude Julien said. From the other side, the Red Wings werent able to keep theirs up. The boost from Zetterbergs return only lasted so long, and then the Bruins chipped away. "I thought they got better as they game went on," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said. "As the game went on, we had more holes defensively." Trying to patch those holes is one of the big jobs moving forward for the Red Wings as they try to stave off elimination. The Bruins expect Detroit to be desperate Saturday at TD Garden and know they need to be prepared. "Well load up and well be ready," Iginla said. "Were not taking anything for granted. Its always that last game, historically, thats the toughest." NOTES -- Gustavsson said he found out just before pre-game warm-ups that there was a chance hed start in place of Howard, who led the Red Wings onto the ice. The decision was made not long before puck drop as Babcock said of Howard: "Last second, he just couldnt go." ... Zetterberg played 19:34 in his first NHL game since Feb. 8. ... Daniel Alfredsson was scratched for the Red Wings as he continues to deal with back problems. Babcock said trainers told him that Alfredsson should be good to go for Saturdays Game 5 in Boston. ... Todd Bertuzzi replaced Tomas Jurco in Detroits lineup, while Zetterberg bumped fellow Swede Joakim Andersson. ... The Bruins went with the same lineup from Game 3, which they won 3-0. ... Boston forward Daniel Paille took part in the morning skate, as Julien said he was cleared to take "a little bit of contact." Paille has been out since suffering a concussion April 12 in Game 81 of the regular season. Montreal Canadiens Gear . Thats how the Ravens won when Ryan was their defensive co-ordinator from 2005-08, and that is precisely the formula Baltimore used to beat Ryans New York Jets on Sunday. Dominic Moore Jersey . - The New England Patriots needed help on defence so they added three experienced players at midseason. http://www.canadiensauthority.com/authentic-bob-gainey-canadiens-jersey/ . Chris Capuano. Shane Greene. And now, Esmil Rogers.The Montreal Canadiens are tied for the most points in the NHL, while the Buffalo Sabres rank toward the bottom. Still, its the Sabres with a chance to sweep this home-and-home set. Buffalo seeks a fifth win in six tries Saturday night while trying to send the Canadiens to their second three-game skid of the season. You can listen to all the action on TSN Radio 690 Montreal starting at 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Montreal (16-7-1) is tied with Vancouver and Anaheim with a league-leading 33 points, and the Sabres 16 is only two more than NHL-worst Columbus. Buffalo, though, has looked more like one of the better teams in the league lately, outscoring opponents 15-7 during a 4-1-0 stretch while the Canadiens have scored once in back-to-back defeats. A fortuitous bounce helped the Sabres beat visiting Montreal 2-1 on Friday and end a six-game slide in the series. Matt Moulsons goal with 1:18 left came after a dump-in caromed awkwardly off the boards and caught Carey Price out of the net. It must be a lucky day, so Ill take it, Moulson said. I dont think Ive had one off the stanchion before. That goal gave Moulson nine points in nine games. The left wing has eight goals and three assists in his last 11 meetings with the Canadiens, scoring three times in four visits to Bell Centre over that stretch. Like Moulson, Tyler Ennis also had two points Friday, scoring an acrobatic goal by evading defenseman Alexei Emelin, leaping over Price in the crrease and scoring with a backhand after falling with his back to the net. Jordie Benn Jersey. I was thinking I was going pretty fast through the zone, and if I could just take it to the net Id get a chance, Ennis said. I got the puck back up on my stick and got lucky. The center has 10 points in 10 games against Montreal, and is putting together a strong stretch of his own with eight points in seven contests. The Sabres could stick with Jhonas Enroth in net after he made 30 saves Friday in his third consecutive start. Enroth is 3-1-0 with a 1.37 goals-against average in four games, with one coming after Michal Neuvirth suffered a lower-body injury in the first period of a 4-1 win over San Jose on Nov. 18. Neuvirth, though, has won his last two games at Montreal, stopping 58 of 60 shots with one shutout. He made 31 saves in 2-1 shootout loss to the Canadiens on Nov. 5. After losing two of three on the road and totaling three goals, the Canadiens return home where theyve averaged 3.7 goals during a 5-1-0 stretch. Coach Michel Therrien isnt putting much stock in Fridays performance, chalking it up to bad luck due to the carom that led to Moulsons tally. Its a bad break, Therrien said. Theres nothing you can do against a bad break. Price has started all 12 home games, compiling a 2.33 GAA. However, he could be rested in favor of backup Dustin Tokarski, who has won his last two meetings with Buffalo while stopping 60 of 61 shots. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

John Henson had 10 points
that they didnt fight and show unbelievable spirit,

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz