The third-seeded Bouchard,

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 18.10.2018 05:45

NEW YORK -- Gio Gonzalez apparently gets his swing ready in spring training, too. Boog Powell Jersey . The pitcher homered in his first start for the second straight season -- sprinting around the bases because he didnt realize it was gone -- and tossed three-hit ball to lead the Washington Nationals over the New York Mets 5-1 Wednesday night. "I think it was the fastest home run jog in baseball," Gonzalez said. "I was about to slide home!" Gonzalez also registered six of Washingtons 13 strikeouts, giving the staff a total of 31. In a post on Twitter, the Nationals said thats the most for any team after two games in modern major league history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. STATS confirmed the 31 whiffs by New York batters were the most in the first two games since at least 1914, surpassing the previous mark of 28 by Houston hitters against Texas last season. Ian Desmond also went deep and Jayson Werth had four hits for the Nationals, who followed up their 10-inning comeback on opening day with a more routine victory against one of Gonzalezs favourite foes. The left-hander walked one in six comfortable innings, improving to 6-0 with a 1.62 ERA in his last seven starts against New York. Left fielder Bryce Harper threw out a runner at the plate, and Denard Span scored twice following extra-base hits. "Today was definitely a little smoother for me personally," first-year Nationals manager Matt Williams said. "What you worry about is a little bit of a letdown, with everything coming out of spring and a day off, its easy to have a letdown. But they didnt. They were ready to go today, which was great." Mets manager Terry Collins stacked his lineup with eight right-handed hitters, but it hardly mattered. New York provided little support for Bartolo Colon (0-1), touched up for nine hits over six innings in his Mets debut. The beefy right-hander signed a $20 million, two-year contract in the off-season after going 18-6 with a 2.65 ERA for Oakland last year, when he finished serving a 50-game suspension for a positive drug test. Desmond and Gonzalez (1-0) both homered in the fifth against Colon. "I think I pitched very well," Colon said through a translator. "They were just coming out a little high, thats all." Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard and Craig Stammen finished a three-hitter. Mets closer Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow ligament that might require surgery, and new outfielder Chris Young came out in the second inning with tightness in his right quadriceps. The injury kept Young on the bench in the opener. "I feel terrible about not being able to contribute," he said. Juan Lagares, an early bright spot, got the Mets off to a good start with a leadoff triple. He scored on David Wrights sacrifice fly, snapping Gonzalezs streak of 16 shutout innings at Citi Field. Consecutive doubles by Werth and Adam LaRoche tied it in the fourth. Desmond hit the first pitch of the fifth over the left-centre wall, and Gonzalez went deep two batters later. A right-handed batter, the pitcher drove a 2-2 delivery off the railing just above the shortened fence in left-centre at Citi Field. The ball caromed back onto the outfield grass and Gonzalez sprinted home, unaware that second base umpire Todd Tichenor was signalling home run. "That was epic. Thats going to go down in the memory bank for a long, long time," Desmond said. Back in the dugout and out in the bullpen, Gonzalezs teammates had a blast. "I was trying to catch my breath as the guys were piling on," Gonzalez said. "I was just trying to find an oxygen tank." The umpires didnt even look at a replay. "Even the bullpen guys were telling me, You were running away like you were running from the cops!" Gonzalez said. "I dont know what that is about, but I guess I know what it is now." It was Gonzalezs third career homer. He also connected during his first outing last season off Miamis Kevin Slowey, and in August 2012 against Houston right-hander Armando Galarraga. "He swung that bat good, didnt he?" Williams said. "Hes got bragging rights for a few days, anyway." Ruben Tejada tried to score from first when Lagares doubled inside third base with two outs in the fifth, but was cut down at the plate on a strong throw by Harper. "The things he can do with that arm are pretty special," Desmond said. "Your instincts tell you what a normal outfielder can do, not one with a Bazooka." NOTES: Williams recalled playing third base behind Colon when the right-hander made his major league debut with Cleveland in 1997. ... Washington RHP Jordan Zimmermann starts the series finale Thursday afternoon against RHP Zack Wheeler. Rollie Fingers Jersey .Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. Chad Pinder Jersey . The third-seeded Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., was coming off a semifinal appearance at the French Open. She took the opening set before the unseeded American came back for the 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory. http://www.athleticsrookiestore.com/Athletics-Khris-Davis-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Chicago manager Darold Butler has a message for the Windy City.ATLANTA -- Struggling Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz will test out an ailing knee during a bullpen session Wednesday in Boston, then find out when hell make his next start. Buchholz set a career high with eight walks and allowed six runs in only three-plus innings Monday before Boston rallied to beat Atlanta 8-6, ending a 10-game losing streak. On Tuesday, manager John Farrell revealed that Buchholz remained in the game after his left knee buckled. "So weve got to make sure that he gets through his bullpen tomorrow," Farrell said, adding he wants to be certain "that knee, where he felt like it was a little hyperextended, doesnt persist or show any further soreness." Farrell said Buchholz initially denied that his knee buckled when catcher A.J. Pierzynski went to the mound. "He didnt want that to be any part of the reason of why he pitched the way he did," Farrell said. "But weve got to be conscious of it and see how he comes through the bullpen tomorrow." Buchholz is 2-4 with a 7.02 ERA in 10 starts. Its a dramatic decline from 2013, when he was 12-1 with a 1.74 ERA. Farrell confirmed Buchholzs self-confidence is a concern as a decision is made on his next start. "We cant deny that," Farrell said. "WWe havent made a definitive decision on his next turn through the rotation. Andrew Triggs Jersey. ." "Were not blind to what everyone sees. And yes, there is concern because youre talking about a guy that was on his way to potentially a Cy Young year last year and now hes only shown flashes of it, either inside a given game or for a given start." Buchholz said he is having trouble sticking with progress made on his mechanics in the bullpen before games "when youre out there thinking about getting big league hitters out." "Its not fun, I know that. ... It seems to be snowballing on me right now." Asked after Mondays game if it would help if he were given a break from the rotation, Buchholz said "Im going to take the ball whenever they give it to me. ... If I wasnt healthy, that might be an option." Farrell said he still sees flashes of Buchholzs old form. "Thats the thing that personally I continue to latch on to," Farrell said. "Because theres been a couple of starts where hes been very strong. Yesterday he makes an adjustment in the first inning, he carries it through the second inning and then seemingly he loses it again. So I cant say that its strictly mechanical or from a fundamental standpoint." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

The Big Question
Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz