Neither of these incidents resulted in a fine.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 12.10.2018 04:36

NEW YORK -- Brandon McCarthy has been a steady presence in the New York Yankees rotation since his arrival in a trade with Arizona. Luke Schenn Jersey . Still, he knew the stakes were even higher against Max Scherzer and the AL Central-leading Tigers. McCarthy won his fourth start in a row with a gritty effort, and the Yankees took the first of three straight matchups against Detroits Cy Young Award winners, beating the Tigers 2-1 Monday night. "This is a chance to step up against one of the best and to make our own mark," McCarthy said. "Its on me to do my part to kick in, especially against a tough team and Max." Brian McCann hit an RBI single and Jacoby Ellsbury had a sacrifice fly in the third, an inning in which the Tigers saved several runs with fine fielding. McCarthy (4-0) allowed five hits and an unearned run in 5 2-3 innings. The Yankees have won each of his five starts since being acquired July 6. Using a sharp curveball, he threw a season-high 116 pitches and struck out eight, including all three in the second when Victor Martinez led off with a double and Detroit loaded the bases. "Hes been huge for our rotation," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Hes come over here and pitched about as well as you could." David Robertson was perfect in the ninth for his 30th save. Scherzer (13-4) gave up nine hits over seven innings in losing for the first time since June 17, a span of eight starts. The reigning AL Cy Young winner yielded two runs in the third, but it couldve been much worse. With the bases loaded, Ellsbury sent a deep drive to centre field. Ezequiel Carrera, promoted from Triple-A last week after Austin Jackson was traded in the deadline deal that sent David Price to Detroit, made a long run before diving back toward the wall. Fully extended, Carrera made the catch and slid on his stomach onto the warning track. "That looked like it had a chance to give us a much bigger lead," Girardi said. "That was an unbelievable play by Carrera." Carrera was making his first start in centre field for Detroit. "Very happy," Carrera said through a translator. "Being aggressive is what helped me make the play and that is what I am trying to do here with the team." Ian Kinsler made two nice plays at second base in the third and had an RBI single in the fifth after Eugenio Suarez reached on third baseman Martin Prados throwing error. On Tuesday, Price the 2012 AL Cy Young winner, will make his Tigers debut. Hell be followed by 2011 winner Justin Verlander. TRAINERS ROOM Tigers: Suarez, the shortstop, left in the fifth after spraining his knee sliding into second base on a steal. He will be re-evaluated Tuesday. Yankees: Japanese ace Masahiro Tanaka played light catch for the first time since he was sidelined in early July with a slight tear of his ulnar collateral ligament. He said he felt relieved and was ready for the next step. UP NEXT Tigers: Price (11-8) has had a lot of success at the new Yankee Stadium. Hes 6-2 with a 3.57 ERA in 12 starts there. Yankees: Hiroki Kuroda (7-7) sure enjoys pitching at home for New York. Hes 22-12 with a 2.93 ERA in 44 starts in the Bronx since putting on the pinstripes in 2012. -------- NO STRIPES, JUST WHITE Former White Stripes frontman Jack White held court in the Tigers clubhouse before the game. Instead of wearing Yankees pinstripes, the Detroit-born musician was in a Tigers home jersey with No. 3 on the back. DIZZY Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was a late scratch because he became lightheaded about 45 minutes before gametime. He said hes not sure why it happened. He was given IV fluids and hopes hell be ready to play Tuesday. RARE OH-FER Miguel Cabrera went 0 for 3, just the seventh time in 47 games against the Yankees in which he didnt have at least one hit. Hes hitting .366 (63 for 172) against New York. Clayton Keller Jersey . The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City supporters during Saturdays game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3. The incident was not seen by match officials at the time but the FA charged Wilshere retrospectively after a study of video footage. Derek Stepan Jersey .com) - Sergio Agueros 63rd-minute goal was enough to lift Manchester City to a 1-0 win over 10-man Manchester United on Sunday at the Etihad Stadium. http://www.coyotesauthority.com/ . It all would have been for naught, however, had it not been for some clutch shooting in the fourth quarter by Kobe Bryant and a couple of equally critical hustle plays by Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol in the final minutes.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Good morning Kerry, I love your daily clarifications to help everyone understand better why some calls are made! My question is in regards of spearing. As you know by now, Milan Lucic speared Alexei Emelin in Game 3 - again! I understand that at times some calls be overlooked, but why is he continuously getting away with it? If there is video evidence, why nothing is done afterward to avoid any precedence to be set? My last question: is this not making the officials in a difficult position? Thank you very much for your time. Lyne Laurendeau Lyne: The act of spearing and butt-ending seldom result in a player suspension. Instead, a fine may be imposed (but not always as we have seen) by the Player Safety Committee. It would appear that players are utilizing both ends of their hockey stick on a more consistent basis in violation of rule 58 (butt-ending) and rule 62 (spearing). This season the following fines have been levied for these illegal acts: February 6, 2014: Alexei Emelin - Montreal Canadiens - Butt-ending Pascal Pelletier ($5,000)March 20, 2014: David Legwand - Detroit Red Wings - Butt-ending Evgeni Malkin ($5,000)April 13, 2014: Scott Hartnell - Philadelphia Flyers - Spearing Brett Bellemore ($5,000)April 18, 2014: Milan Lucic - Boston Bruins -Spearing Danny DeKeyser ($5,000)April 25, 2014: Ryan Garbutt - Dallas Stars - Spearing Corey Perry ($1,474.36) You also might recall in the Ducks-Stars series on April 18th that Corey Perry was given a "slashing" minor when he "speared" Jamie Benn at 7:25 of the first period. Perry remained in the game as a result the "slashing" assessment and then scored an unassisted goal at 16:15 of the second in a 3-2 Anaheim win. Milan Lucic was also guilty of an undetected backdoor spear motion on Alexei Emelin in a game March 24. Neither of these incidents resulted in a fine. Beyond the non-call in the Bruins-Habs game the other night, no disciplinary action or fine will result from Lucics latest spear on Emelin. It should also be noted that Emelin was guilty of cross-checking on the play and was not penalized for the infraction as well. Fouls can be missed in the fast pace of the game. There is obvious reluctance on the part of the referees to call "spearing" foor what it is due to the severity of the penalty that they must impose under the rule. Dylan Strome Jersey. Only when contact is significant, as in the Ryan Garbutt spear on Corry Perry, will we see the accurate call made. Perrys action on Jamie Benn was no less a spearing motion than Garbutts, but due to lesser degree of contact (deemed to be minimal by the ref) the infraction was called slashing. It is not the referees job to interpret the relative value of the rule or base their assessment on the degree of contact (or non contact) when a spearing motion is delivered. That however is exactly what is being done. Under rule 62, the referee is empowered (and expected) to assess a double minor is imposed when a player spears an opponent and does not make contact. A major and game misconduct is to be assessed on a player who spears an opponent (makes contact). When I attended my first NHL training camp for officials as a 20-year-old aspiring referee in 1972 we went through every rule in the book during daily classroom sessions. The rule book wasnt all that thick back then and the referee had the option of assessing a minor or major penalty for spearing based on the degree of contact. Wanting to understand the difference between the two applications I approached veteran referee Lloyd Gilmour for advice. I asked Gilmour what constituted the difference between a minor or major penalty for spearing. Without so much as a wink, Lloyd said, "Kid, if you see the spear go in its two minutes; if the stick comes out the players back call it five!" Perhaps the veteran advice was a little tongue-in- cheek but in reality not all that far off from the application we might be seeing now. Lyne, it is my opinion that there should be a fine imposed for every instance of spearing and butt-ending; regardless of the degree of contact or whether a penalty was imposed by the referee. Both are dangerous and cheap acts. Further to this, the referees must be directed to call the action of spearing and butt-ending for what they are and not place their personal value on the degree of contact made with the point or end of a players stick. It is the referees that are putting themselves in a "difficult position" by either ignoring the infraction or calling it by any other terminology than what it is. Penalty enforcement and fines would result in higher standards of player accountability and act as a stronger deterrent against these unwanted acts from being committed. Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jersey Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Cheap Arsenal Jerseys Cheap A.S. Roma Jerseys Cheap Atletico Madrid Jerseys Cheap Chelsea Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap Inter Milan Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Cheap Liverpool Jerseys Cheap Manchester City Jerseys Cheap Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Frank Corrado and Ryan Kesler also scored
Im real comfortable with whatever they want

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz