VAL DISERE, France -- Two-time defending World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher limited his celebrations Saturday after dominating t

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 17.05.2018 04:25

VAL DISERE, France -- Two-time defending World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher limited his celebrations Saturday after dominating the treacherous Stade Olympique de Bellevarde course to win a giant slalom race. Byron Maxwell Jersey . The Austrian produced a superb second run to win his third career giant slalom race and fourth overall at Val dIsere. However, Hirscher was disappointed that Ted Ligety did not finish. The American, seeking his fourth straight win in GS, made an uncharacteristic technical error and was among several racers to ski out and failed to qualify for the second run for the first time in nearly five years. Hirscher would prefer to measure his performance against Ligetys to see where he stands in GS terms. "Its a great victory for sure. But we dont know where we really are right now," Hirscher said. "Was it a really good run from us or is Ted skiing better than the rest of the world right now? Thats the question." It was Hirschers second win of the season after his slalom victory at Levi, Finland, and fourth podium from five races so far. His Val dIsere record is superb, and he will go for his eighth career podium at the French Alpine resort in Sundays slalom. "Im not the heaviest, largest guy in the World Cup. For me its easier to get the speed if its steep," Hirscher said. "I think its the steepest of the World Cup tour. I dont think Ive ever skied really bad here." With little snowfall in the past couple of weeks, the course was even more difficult. "It was definitely the toughest slope preparation Val dIsere has ever done," Hirscher said. "Normally it is a bit colder and the slope is not injected with so much water, so it is a kind of ice skating place." Hirscher was third after the first run, 0.41 seconds behind Frenchman Alexis Pinturault, but finished 0.76 seconds ahead of Thomas Fanara of France and 1.09 clear of Germanys Stefan Luitz. The Bellevarde course lived up to its tough reputation as Ligety, Norwegian Aksel Lund Svindal and Bode Miller of the United States failed to finish their first runs. Miller got his skis tangled near the bottom and tumbled over. U.S. mens head coach Sasha Rearick said Miller was unlucky. "Today he got his outside ski caught right at the initiation of the turn in the flat light. Those things can kind of happen," Rearick said. "I was proud of the effort he put in today and the way he approached the hill." Both Miller and Ligety will take part in Sundays slalom. "Looking forward to it," Rearick said. "Get some revenge on Val dIsere." The 24-year-old Hirscher won the same race at Val dIsere last year and also finished third in the slalom. "I have to train pretty early in the morning," he said. "I know exactly what I have to do tomorrow. Im looking forward to it." His winning margin would have been even larger, but he made a slight error halfway down as he veered to the left before managing to straighten his skis. The pressure was on Pinturault to respond and he started well enough, .28 back on first split, but lost speed at the bottom to finish fourth. Ligety won the GS at Soelden, Austria, and Beaver Creek, Colorado but ended up missing a gate turning in from the left side, going down on his hip and out of a first run for the first time since February 2009 at Sestriere, Italy. "Its been a few years. But Ive had a bunch of races where (on) second runs I went out," the 29-year-old Ligety said. "Just a little bit (of) bad luck on my part today." The four-time defending World Cup GS champion does not count the Bellevarde among his favourite courses. "Its always super, super bumpy and miserable to ski so I wasnt surprised by that at all," Ligety said. Svindal, an Olympic bronze medallist in the discipline, lost his balance approaching a gate from the right, missed the next gate and almost toppled over as his right foot lifted off the ground. Both of Luitzs World Cup podiums have been at Val dIsere. The 21-year-old German was second last year, before facing a cruciate knee ligament injury in February. "To be on the podium 10 months after an operation is unexpected, its a great comeback," Luitz said. Brandon Doughty Jersey .com) - American Madison Keys grabbed a first- round victory on Sunday in a rainy start to the Apia International Sydney tournament. Kiko Alonso Jersey . The 24-year-old Pruneau played his CIS football with the Montreal Carabins. The six-foot, 200-pound Montreal native had 41 tackles, 3. http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.com/c-12-dolphins-mike-pouncey-jersey.aspx . Long snapper Patrick Mannelly announced Friday that he is retiring after a 16-year-career with the Bears, a span in which he played in a team record 245 games and snapped the ball 2,282 times.SAN DIEGO -- Josh Johnson was looking for a team close to his Las Vegas home, and the San Diego Padres were looking for a potential top-of-the rotation pitcher. The sides quickly agreed on an $8 million, one-year contract that was finalized on Wednesday. The Padres, coming off a second straight finish of 76-86, hope theyre getting the Johnson who was an All-Star with Miami in 2009 and 2010 and not the one slowed by triceps and forearm injuries last year while with Toronto. General manager Josh Byrnes said the Padres decided that if they could find a starter who had the chance to a difference-maker, they were going to pursue him. "Heres a guy who led the league in ERA who has been a dominant pitcher," Byrnes said. "We know theres risk in any signing but were very excited about the upside, what he can bring and now what our rotation can do to deliver us toward our goal. We want to be an October team. We really feel like the evolution of our starting pitching and bringing in Josh, weve taken a big step in that direction over the last 12 months." The Padres have had losing records in four of the last five seasons and have missed the playoffs seven straight seasons. Johnson, who had bone spurs removed from his right elbow on Oct. 1, was 2-8 with a 6.20 ERA 16 appearances this season. In addition to his base salary, Johnson would earn a $1.25 million bonus for making 26 starts. He said the top teams on his list were the Giants and Padres, and that he and his agent jumped at the first good offer. "Every time you come in here you want to stay here," Johnson said. "The parks great, the citys great, so those two things, thats pretty much what you want. Reshad Jones Jersey. Its a great park to pitch in. That and the staff, and then the team, its a perfect fit." While not saying who is going to be the No. 1 starter, manager Bud Black said he envisions Johnson fitting in at the top of the order along with Andrew Cashner and Tyson Ross. "Hes done it in the past," Black said. "Obviously hes had some great performances." Add in Ian Kennedy and Eric Stults, and "We have the makings of a very solid rotation," Black said. The Padres also expect to get young pitchers Joe Wieland and Cory Luebke back from reconstructive elbow surgery. Casey Kelly also is recovering from elbow surgery. Johnson led the NL with a 2.30 ERA in 2010. He has a career record of 58-45 with a 3.40 ERA. "Ive seen Josh from the other side, when he was with Toronto, when he was with Florida," Black said. "This guy, potentially for us, brings a lot to the table. Were really, really pumped to have Josh here." The Padres expect Johnson to be ready to go by spring training. "I was pretty close last year, just not healthy," Johnson said. "It was tough trying to throw through it and all of a sudden Im getting these weird pains all the way up my triceps and my forearms getting tight because of everything going on with my elbow. Hopefully that took care of everything." NOTES: The Padres will make a corresponding move on the 40-man roster when Johnsons signing is confirmed by MLB. ... Byrnes said Luebke threw to college players at San Diego State on Saturday and did fine. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Boiling Springs, NC (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.thecanuckshockeystore.com/Canucks-Loui-Eriksson-Adidas-J ersey/]Loui Eriksson
t champion to pull ou

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz