"I think its quite normal and natural.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 21.09.2018 04:03

BERLIN -- Encouraged by others who have come out as gay, retired footballer Thomas Hitzlsperger is hoping going public will help make it easier for other sporting stars to do the same. Jaire Alexander Jersey . Homosexuality is seen as a major taboo in some sports, while not so much in others. Billie Jean King and Martina Navratilova, both openly gay, are two of the greatest tennis players in history. But big-time professional football, and the four major sports in the United States, are quite a different story -- at least for now. "(There is) a long way to go because we fear a reaction and we dont know what will happen. I cant imagine playing football and doing this at the same time," Hitzlsperger said in an interview with BBC Radio 4 on Thursday. Hitzlsperger, no longer active but still regarded as the biggest name in football to say he is gay, spent years playing professionally in England, Germany and Italy. He also represented Germany at the 2006 World Cup. His decision to go public was hailed overwhelmingly as a positive step in the German media as well as in England, reflecting the way attitudes have changed. British tabloid The Sun labeled him a "Winner" in a side-by-side cover photo with Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, who was called the "Loser" for wearing an outfit resembling a suicide bomber for a costume party. In Germany, Hitzlsperger has been commended for his courage. The countrys mass circulation daily Bild led with "Respect!" on its front page, a day after Hitzlsperger made his announcement in an interview with German newspaper Die Zeit. "Hopefully, by talking about it, it encourages some others, because they see they can still be professional football players, they can play at the highest level, and be gay," Hitzlsperger said in a video on his website. "Its not a contradiction, as Ive proved." Using anti-gay slurs and jokes on the sports field has been widely accepted as part of playing hard for years, so much so that in 1999 former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler made lewd anti-gay gestures during a game toward Graeme Le Saux, who was playing for Chelsea. Le Saux, who is straight, was labeled a homosexual by many simply because he used to read the left-leaning Guardian newspaper. On Thursday, in the wake of Hitzlspergers announcement, Fowler took to Twitter to express regret and apologize for his actions of nearly 15 years ago. "Getting a bit of stick for something that happened when I was a kid, naive and immature..Ive apologised to (at)graemelesaux14, he accepted," wrote Fowler, who has retired from football and become a television commentator. "Obviously embarrassed looking back, but sadly cannot change what happened, you learn from mistakes growing up, and that I have." Jason Collins, a former NBA player, came out last year and was regarded as the first active openly gay player in one of the big American sports. Like Hitzlsperger, Collins announcement was met mainly with praise, rather than abuse. Arjen Robben, the Dutchman who was a key player in leading the Netherlands to the World Cup final in 2010, downplayed stereotypes that athletes are scared to come out because they fear reprisals from teammates in the locker room. "Hes gay, and?" Robben said at a Bayern Munich practice session in Doha, Qatar. "I think its quite normal and natural. I can also say here, Im heterosexual. I dont see a problem." FIFA, the governing body of football around the world, acknowledged that there is still work to be done within the game itself. "Unfortunately, prejudices still exist within football," FIFA said in a statement. "FIFA is working hard to tackle these and hopes Thomass statements will encourage greater respect and understanding in football and beyond." Last February, American player Robbie Rogers declared he was gay as he announced his retirement. Rogers, now 26, has returned to action with the Los Angeles Galaxy. Former English player Justin Fashanu, who played for Norwich and Nottingham Forest, was the first football player to say openly that he was gay, in 1990. He committed suicide eight years later at age 37. Swedish defender Anton Hysen came out in 2011. "I dont know if football is such a homophobic environment. People just speculate this would be the case," Hitzlsperger told the BBC. "Since we havent seen a gay footballer in the Premier League or the Bundesliga, its hard to say that this would happen. We would have to wait and see." Jimmy Graham Packers Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives. Marquez Valdes-Scantling Packers Jersey . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Jmon-Moore-Jersey/ . Born in Berkeley and raised in Oakland, where he later pitched for the As, Ross beat the Giants for the first time in six career appearances by throwing eight scoreless innings to lead the San Diego Padres to a 2-1 victory Friday night.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Ron Rivera is staying in Carolina after leading the Panthers to their first playoff appearance since 2008. The Panthers rewarded "Riverboat Ron" on Tuesday with a three-year contract extension that runs through the 2017 season after Carolina finished 12-4 this season and won the NFC South championship. Carolina lost at home in the divisional playoffs to the San Francisco 49ers. Rivera started the season on the hot seat after a 1-3 start, but the Panthers rebounded to win 11 of their final 12 regular season games to earn a first-round bye in the playoffs. Rivera had one year left on the four-year, $11.2 million contract he signed in 2011 when first hired as head coach. Financial details of the new deal were not immediately available. "The improvement of our team has been reflected in the progress of the record over the last three seasons under Ron and we look forward to building upon that foundation," Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said in a release. Rivera is 25-23 in three seasons as the Panthers head coach. The decision to extend Rivera isnt surprising. Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman said two days after the season ended he had "ultimate faith" in Rivera as the teams coach. He made good on that statement this week, giving Rivera three additional seasons at the helm. "The team has shown improvement under Ron each year and he is deserving of the recognition that he has received for the 2013 season," Gettleman said inn the release. Oren Burks Packers Jersey. "We are pleased and excited with the continuity this extension brings." The 52-year-old Rivera went 6-10 and 7-9 in his first two seasons in Carolina, starting those seasons 1-5 and 1-6 respectively. After Carolina stumbled out of the blocks this year with another poor start there was talk about Riveras future with the team. But following a road win at Minnesota in Week 5, the Panthers got hot behind quarterback Cam Newton and a stifling defence led by middle linebacker Luke Kuechly. Rivera did his part, too. He took on a gamblers mentality after the slow start often going for it -- and succeeding -- on fourth downs, earning him the nickname "Riverboat Ron." "I have been very clear about how much I have enjoyed living in Charlotte and working for this organization," Rivera said in the release. "I very much appreciate the support and confidence Mr. Richardson and Dave Gettleman have shown in me and our staff." Rivera quickly deflected praise from this past season, saying "Any success we have enjoyed is the result of a team effort by players, coaches, scouts and the entire organization, and our ultimate goal remains winning the Super Bowl." The next challenge for Rivera will be sustaining that success. Since joining the NFL in 1995, the Panthers have never been to the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. The extension comes two days after Rivera led his team to a victory in the Pro Bowl. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

In MLS, you dont necessarily need to spend mega
Matt Greene was serving an interference penalty.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz