Young starters Zack Wheeler and Henderson Alvarez both pitched well.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 19.09.2018 03:58

NEW YORK -- Curtis Granderson envisioned a bunch of big hits when he signed with the New York Mets. Cheap Colts Hoodies Jerseys . Providing even one proved elusive, until Friday night. The slumping Granderson grounded an RBI single to cap an improbable two-run rally with two outs in the ninth inning that sent the Mets past the Miami Marlins 4-3. "Anytime you get a chance to win and jump up and down with your teammates, its a good thing," Granderson said. Granderson was 0 for 4 when he stepped to the plate with the scoreboard showing his batting average at .130. Not quite what anyone expected for a former All-Star fresh off a $60 million, four-year contract. "Im not there yet, but Im getting closer," Granderson said. After Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Garrett Jones hit back-to-back home runs in the Miami eighth for a 3-2 lead, the Mets stung Marlins closer Steve Cishek and won for the fifth time in six games. Cishek (1-1) had converted a team-record 33 straight save chances -- the longest active streak in the majors -- before Lucas Duda led off the ninth with a soft single and moved up on a sacrifice. Left fielder Christian Yelich made a nice running catch on pinch-hitter Bobby Abreus liner for the second out. Omar Quintanilla followed with a single down the line and Yelich slipped on the dirt as he got ready to throw home, letting Duda score standing up. "It wouldve been a tough play," Yelich said. "But if I had stayed on my feet, I was going home." Pinch-hitter Kirk Nieuwenhuis doubled to put runners at second and third. Granderson then grounded his game-winner past Jones at first base. "Ill be up a while," the sidearming Cishek said. "Its never a good feeling." "Its no excuse for me to come in and not get the job done," he said. "I just didnt have my good command, leaving pitches down the middle." Granderson had a game-winning sacrifice fly in the 14th inning Sunday against Atlanta. "Hes a great hitter," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Just because he hasnt gotten a whole lot of hits to this point doesnt mean hes not a great hitter." Redmond felt confident Cishek would close out the Mets. "Hes been so good," Redmond said. "I always anticipate hes going to get out of it. And tonight, he didnt." "You just see the momentum starting to roll their way and we couldnt stop it," he said. Jeurys Familia (1-2) pitched a scoreless inning for his first big league win. Yelichs hitting streak ended at 17 games, and the Marlins fell to 1-9 on the road. Saltalamacchia homered to left-centre off reliever Gonzalez Germen, and Jones followed with a drive off the right-field foul pole. The Mets hadnt allowed any home runs since last Saturday, a span of 57 innings. Young starters Zack Wheeler and Henderson Alvarez both pitched well. Wheeler, a month before he turns 24, struck out 10 in six innings. He gave up four singles and walked three in six innings. Wheeler showed off his repertoire when he fanned the side in the third, all on swinging strike three -- he got Alvarez on a fastball, Yelich on a changeup and Marcell Ozuna on a curve. A week past his 24th birthday, Alvarez gave up two runs in six innings. In his previous start, he pitched a two-hit shutout against Seattle. David Wright hit an RBI single and scored on Daniel Murphys double in the third to put the Mets ahead 2-0. Ozuna hit an RBI single in the fifth that made it 2-1. NOTES: Marlins RHP Kevin Slowey (0-0, 4.15 ERA) is set to start Saturday night against RHP Jenrry Mejia (3-0, 1.99). ... Cishek had converted his first four save chances this season. ... In the last 11 games, no Mets starter has allowed more than three runs. ... Murphy stole third, and has been safe on his last 26 tries. Authentic Colts Hoodies . -- Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will be sidelined for at least two weeks because of a strained calf muscle, and pitcher C. Colts Hoodies Jerseys Sale . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. http://www.cheapcoltshoodiesjerseys.com/peyton-manning-hoodie/ . Patton told The Baltimore Sun that he took an Adderall pill four days before the season finished, trying to improve his short-term focus. "I took one because I was stupid," Patton told The Sun.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is thin and happy. He showed up at the Giants spring camp a few days ago after a winter of rejuvenation in his native Venezuela. He refined his nutritional intake, got in shape and played a little ball in the Venezuelan Winter League. The result is a noticeable weight loss. How much is up for debate -- he would not divulge how much he has dropped when he met with the media. He has been listed at 240. He said reports that the weight loss reached 40 pounds were incorrect. As for what is behind the transformation --he had a similar one between 2010 and 2011 - Sandoval said it doesnt necessarily have anything do to with the fact that his three-year, $17.15 million deal expires after the season. Sandoval said he would be open to discussing an extension before the season begins. General Manager Brian Sabean indicated recently the Giants also might be willing to make something happen. "Im not going to say no. If it happens, it happens," Sandoval said. At 27, he is entering his prime. "Im happy with myself and want to come out and show my talents," he said after hitting .278 with 14 home runs and 79 RBIs in 2013, a year in which he spent some time on the disabled list. "People say I can do a lot better. I just want to show that I have grown up and that I take my job seriously. But I really dont care what other people say." Unless those other people happen to be teammates. Sandoval said he talked to a handful of teammates toward the end of last season about his approach. They included starting pitcher Matt Cain, catcher Buster Posey and outfieldder Hunter Pence. Colts Hoodies Jerseys Outlet. "I feel blessed to hear from those guys. When a former MVP (Posey) says something, you listen," Sandoval said. Pence said he did not speak his mind in a critical tone. "I dont think I got on him. I just encouraged him. Hes the one who did all the work," Pence said. "Were just thrilled to see him come in at the weight he has." Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he also talked to Sandoval at the end of the season. "Sometimes its like being a parent," Bochy said. "You tell one of your kids something, and it goes in one ear and out the other. Sometimes it means more coming from a peer. "He knows that he can do many things on the baseball field. He has to be consistent, have discipline every day. It is easier when you were 21-22-23 years old and now you have to put more work into it." NOTES: A portion of the pitchers did some conditioning and threw bullpen sessions on Saturday. Most of the others, including starters Tim Hudson and Tim Lincecum and closer Sergio Romo, will take their turns on Sunday. "No radar guns, just working on stuff," Bochy said . . . Posey and the catchers also were able to take a few hacks in the batting cage . . . Pence said most of the players are coming to camp with an edge. "We dont believe what happened last year is who we are," he said . . . the team has announced that beginning this (regular) season, all fans entering AT&T Park will be screened with metal detectors. This complies with Major League Baseballs mandate that all teams begin using metal detectors by the start of the 2015 season. Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Pacers Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

Theyve allowed opponents to shoot at least 44 per cent in each
Right-hander Garrett Richards

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz