ve game. He started the first two games of the serie

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 01.09.2018 02:52

TORONTO -- After falling just short in last months $1-million Queens Plate, jockey Eurico Rosa da Silva and Up With the Birds left nothing to chance Sunday in the $500,000 Breeders Stakes. Stitched Indianapolis Colts Jerseys . Da Rosa moved Up With the Birds into the lead down the stretch, then emphatically held off a spirited River Seven to win the final leg of Canadian thoroughbred racings Triple Crown at Woodbine Racetrack. The Queens Plate runner-up easily handled the 1 1/2-mile distance, winning in 2:28.69 on a firm turf. "I think he knew he lost last time (in Queens Plate) so he said, This time Eurico, I do the job, " Da Silva said. "When he took the lead, it was hard for another horse to catch him because he wants to take off. Hes all heart, hes a very good horse." Up With the Birds fell well back in the 1 1/4-mile Queens Plate on July 7 but rallied strong to finish second, a half-length behind Midnight Aria in rainy conditions on a speed-favouring Woodbine polytrack. The race took its toll on Midnight Aria, who skipped the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes on July 30 at Fort Erie Racetrack due to fatigue while Up With the Birds was always being pointed towards the Breeders Stakes. Up With the Birds didnt have to contend with either Midnight Aria or Prince of Wales victor Uncaptured as neither ran Sunday. Winning trainer Malcolm Pierce said the rest certainly helped Up With the Birds easily pass his stiffest test. In fact, after taking the lead the three-year-old son of Stormy Atlantic showed why he was the overwhelming favourite, holding off a game River Seven before pulling away for a 2 3/4-length victory. "He answered (questions about distance) them today," Pierce said. "I was real worried at the head of the stretch because River Seven was giving him all he wanted but the last eighth of a mile I got a little more relief as he pulled away. "We didnt think there would be much pace so we were sure hoping to maybe be a little closer than we were in the Plate and just have some luck and a good trip. Thats half the battle because we thought we had the right horse." Owner Sam-Son Farm earned the $300,000 winners share with a record sixth Breeders victory. River Seven was second in the 10-horse field, a neck ahead of third-place finisher Pyrite Mountain. The remainder of the field, in order of finish, was: Global Express; Whos Mr. Hughes; Highland Bay; Dragon Puff; Scipio; Bookies Nightmare; and Faithful Rose. Wando is the last Canadian Triple Crown winner, achieving the feat in 2003. Pierce said had Up With the Birds won the Plate, he wouldve run at Fort Erie and taken a run at the Triple Crown. But with a first- and second-place finish, Pierce wasnt lamenting about what mightve been. "Weve never really tried him on dirt," Pierce said. "He worked on dirt in New Orleans over the winter but we didnt think it really needed to happen. "If we wouldve won the Queens Plate we probably wouldve gone to Fort Erie and tried it but after getting beat (in Plate) it sure made a lot of sense to come into this race really fresh." Up With the Birds paid $3.10, $2.30 and $2.10 while River Seven returned $5.20 and $3.40. Pyrite Mountain paid $3.10. River Seven was the only horse to run in all three Triple Crown races this year, taking second in the Prince of Wales after finishing 10th in the Plate. But trainer Nick Gonzalez, who also conditioned Midnight Aria, was pleased with River Sevens first effort on grass. "I knew it was going to be a fight," he said. "A lot of the horses in the race were proven accomplished turf horses. "We were experimenting but Im very happy." Gary Boulanger, Pyrite Mountains jockey, said Up With the Birds was a deserving winner but added with a little bit of luck his horse couldve taken second. "I was following Eurico (Up With the Birds), I was stuck there the whole way," he said. "If I had a little better trip down the lane, I dont think Id beat Eurico but Id have finished second." Up With the Birds also continued a trend in this race, becoming the 26th of 55 race favourites in the Triple Crown era to emerge victorious. The three-year-old colt has also finished in the money in all eight career starts (five wins, two seconds, one third) and boosted his lifetime earnings past $870,000. Up With the Birds has also been impressive on turf, winning twice and earning a second-place finish in three career starts. "I dont know, I think hes equally adept at both poly and turf to be honest," Pierce said when asked which surface Up With the Birds favours most. "He has never run on dirt. "I was very proud of his race in the Plate although I was disappointed he got beat. Hes just a good horse and Im happy hes in my barn." Pierce was brutally honest when asked whats next for Up With the Birds. "Not a clue, I was just hoping to get through today," he said. "There will be no rush and no real plans. "We wouldnt be looking for anything until October. Ill have to talk to the Sam-Son people and see what they want to do and make a plan." Tyquan Lewis Jersey . The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined, but police said foul play is not suspected. Discount Indianapolis Colts Jerseys . Erik Logan, president of the network, said Friday that the postponement was made after meetings with the St. Louis Rams. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseyssale.com/?tag=jack-mewhort-jersey-sale .C. United on Saturday night and boost the Unions playoff hopes. Nick DeLeon scored in the 36th minute for United (3-23-6), which had ample opportunities to build on its lead but went its 10th straight match without a victory. OKLAHOMA CITY -- While accepting the award for himself, Kevin Durant called Russell Westbrook an MVP-calibre player. And on Tuesday, Westbrook delivered a championship-calibre effort that got the Oklahoma City Thunder back to even in the Western Conference finals. He had 40 points, 10 assists and five steals in a 105-92 victory over the San Antonio Spurs 105-92 that tied the series at two games apiece. "Coach told us he needed maximum effort from us tonight, and it starts with me at point guard," Westbrook said. "My job is to play both sides of the ball. If you want to win a championship, those are things you have to do." It matched the second-highest playoff point total of Westbrooks career, falling short of the 43 he scored in the 2012 NBA Finals. "Just his focus on every possession on the defensive end and his poise on the offensive end, I think thats whats fun to watch," Durant said. "People outside of our team dont really look at that type of stuff, but thats something we can definitely build on as a group, is watching him wreak havoc on the defensive end and offensively, playing with such patience." At times, Westbrook has been a maddening player for Thunder fans to watch. His dynamic athletic ability gives him a supreme confidence level that sometimes leads to ill-advised shots and a tendency to hold the ball at the expense of offensive flow. But in this game, Westbrook did just about everything right. He shot 50 per cent from the field and took just five 3-pointers. He made 14 of 14 free throws. "Sometimes hes going to go off," Spurs guard Manu Ginobili said. "Hes capable of doing that. If he makes a lot of jumpers, it gets really tough." In the midst of posting a monster game, Westbrook allowed Durant to still score 31 points. It was Durants highest-scoring game of the series after the NBAs leading scorer was held to a 22.7-point average in the first three games. Serge Ibaka added nine points and eight rebounds for the Thunder, who have turned around the series since he returned from an injury that was expected to keep him out for the rest of the post-season. "We just play well with Serge," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "We can do things with Serge in the lineup that we cant do with other guys." Boris Diaw had 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Tony Parker added 14 points for the Spurs, who blew a 2-0 lead against the Thunder in this round two yeears ago and are in danger of doing it again. Josh Ferguson Jersey. San Antonio will host Game 5 on Thursday and wont be worried about the past. "I think we shouldnt think like that," Parker said. "Each game is different. Each series. Each year. We worked hard all year to have home court advantage, and now, its our job to protect home court." Oklahoma City dominated for the second consecutive game after getting blown out in the first two. The Thunder committed just seven turnovers and shot 49 per cent from the field. The Spurs scored the first eight points of the game, but things went downhill from there. A steal and dunk by Westbrook gave the Thunder a 42-32 lead with just under five minutes left in the first half. Back-to-back 3-pointers by Durant pushed Oklahoma Citys lead to 50-36. The Thunder led 58-43 at halftime. Durant scored 22 points and Westbrook added 17 points, eight assists and four steals before the break. Parker shot 6 of 9 in the first half, but the rest of the Spurs made just 11 of 32 before the break. A lob from Reggie Jackson to Durant for a two-handed slam bumped Oklahoma Citys lead to 60-43. A steal and jam by Ibaka made it 66-49, and a dunk by Westbrook made it 76-49. The Spurs closed the quarter on an 18-7 run and cut their deficit to 83-67. San Antonios Matt Bonner made a 3-pointer with 3:31 remaining to trim Oklahoma Citys edge to 12, but the Thunder maintained control. "We were just not focused coming out," Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard said. "Were not playing consistently throughout the whole game. Were playing in spurts or increments. Weve just got to play the whole game." The Thunder still need to win on the road to win the series. "Were just trying to look forward," Durant said. "We know how tough it is to go in there and get a W. We have to go on the road an handle our business. We feel better, but were not satisfied." Notes: Jackson started for the second straight game. He sprained his right ankle on a drive to the hoop and left the game with 8:25 left in the first quarter. He returned to start the second quarter. ... Thunder C Kendrick Perkins had 10 rebounds. ... The Thunder improved to 5-1 in the playoffs when Westbrook has at least 10 assists. ... Spurs G Manu Ginobili played just 11 minutes and scored five points. ... Thunder G Thabo Sefolosha did not play for the second consecutive game. He started the first two games of the series. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

ox. [url=http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/]Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.cheapbravesjerseys.com/]Cheap
www.cheapbravesjerseys.com/]Cheap Braves Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.cheaporiolesjerseys.com/]Cheap Orioles Jerseys[/url] [url

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz