- A womens World Cup super-G on Sunday was delayed for 45 minutes and then called off after 11 starters because of strong winds,

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 22.08.2018 04:36

BAD KLEINKIRCHHEIM, Austria - A womens World Cup super-G on Sunday was delayed for 45 minutes and then called off after 11 starters because of strong winds, a day after the cancellation of a downhill on the same course. Dwyane Wade Jersey .We always want to race but safety comes first, FIS womens race director Atle Skaardal said.Organizers initially postponed the start of Sundays race as course workers needed more time to harden the snow surface using salt and chemicals following a night of mild temperatures.After the first skiers completed their run, fierce winds started blowing over the course, prompting an interruption of the race as conditions got too dangerous for speed racing.When the weather failed to improve over the following 45 minutes, organizers decided to call off the race.By then, Daniela Merighetti had posted the fastest time, leading Italian teammate Nadia Fanchini by 0.15. Merighetti was the third starter and said her run was still unaffected by the wind.Julia Mancuso, who started eighth, said it was definitely windy when she came down but judged conditions not too dangerous at that time.Everyone has their own comfort zone, said the American, who trailed Merighetti by 0.64 in fourth. Its always tough when you have a windy race but it also something we understand doing an outdoor sport ... I felt I was in good conditions racing but the storm is definitely moving in.A downhill on the same course was cancelled Saturday after a storm destroyed parts of the finish area and the safety fencing along the course.Volunteers worked through the night to rebuild the infrastructure, and the storm still wasnt an issue in the hours leading up to the super-G.The 33 gates were set Saturday though organizers had to move several gates as the snow around them had become too weak.According to Skaardal, the course doesnt look bad but it didnt freeze overnight and under the top layer its soft.Several racers, including Lindsey Vonn and Lara Gut, had said they didnt want to race if the course conditions didnt improve.The course set is good, unfortunately the snow isnt good, Vonn said. Can it be dangerous? I think so. I think we should not race.And Gut added, If its like it is now, I dont want to race.Vonn referred to her crash at the 2013 world championships, when the American standout landed in a spot of soft snow and badly damaged her right knee.Its like Schladming here, and I lost two years because of that, Vonn said. I think its too dangerous. If it was a training today, I wouldnt be skiing at all.With a win Sunday, Vonn would have matched the all-time mark of 62 womens World Cup wins by Annemarie Moser-Proell, but the feat wasnt on her mind.No, the record can wait until after Cortina, she said, referring to a downhill and a super-G in Italy next weekend.The womens World Cup travels to Flachau, Austria, for a night race on Tuesday, the final slalom before next months world championships in Vail and Beaver Creek. Justise Winslow Jersey . -- Orleans Darkwa ran in from 1 yard with 1:45 left, and the Miami Dolphins rallied from two scores down in the final minutes to beat the Dallas Cowboys 25-20 on Saturday night. Edrice Adebayo Jersey . -- Packers cornerback Tramon Williams has been fined $26,250 for contact with an official, per NFL guidelines. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat.com/hassan-whiteside-heat-jersey/ . These days, just about anyone can get a taste of the friendship that has blossomed between All-Star Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City Thunder teammate James Harden, most famous in the past two weeks or so for the elbow to the head he took from the Los Angeles Lakers Metta World Peace.Lewis Hamiltons hopes of ending Nico Rosbergs winning run at the Chinese GP have suffered a blow after it was revealed he will take a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change. The world champion, the polesitter at 2016s opening two rounds, will start no higher than sixth for Sundays race after Mercedes opted to change the gearbox in his car after it sustained damage in Bahrain. Hamilton confirmed the contact with Valtteri Bottas at turn one two weeks ago was not the cause.F1 gearboxes have to last for six consecutive race weekends. It has been a good track to me for many years so I feel good coming here, Hamilton told Sky Sports F1.Naturally when you arrive in Shanghai and find out youre already going to be starting five places behind wherever I qualify is a kick in the goonies, but you just take it. Challenge is another opportunity to arise, rather than looking at the glass half empty, look at it half full. When is the Chinese GP on Sky? All the broadcast times you need for this weekends exclusively live race. Mercedes later tweeted: Not the ideal start to the #ChineseGP weekend, admittedly, but of all the places to take a grid hit, this is one of the better ones.Despite the damage to the gearbox not being the result of accident damage, Hamilton insists he is not worried about the reliability going forward.Rosberg: Lewis still a threatNot for me. They change it and I go again. I dont use it as a concern, Im sure the team are focussed on it, he said.Asked what caused the damage he responded: It doesnt really matter.Following poor starts from pole in each of the first two races, Hamilton already trails Rosberg by 17 points in the Drivers Championship. The Briton has started either first or second amid a run of eight consecutive Mercedes front-row lockouts, with last Septembers Singapore GP the only time in the last 29 races Hamilton has not started in the front two.Hamiltons penalty now presents Ferrari with the chance to claim a rare front-row start as they look to recover from reliability problems in the first two races which have left them 50 points behind Mercedes in the Constructors Championship. Chinese GP talking points Would another Nico win dent Lewiss confidence? Where are McLaren? And can Haas do it again? With Rosberg on a run of five consecutive victories since his team-mate clinched his third world title in Austin last October, Hamilton will now bid to improve on a statistic which has seen him only win once - the 2014 British GP - when starting from outside the first two rows. Dion Waiters Jersey. The 31-year-old has won a record four times in Shanghai, including the last two seasons. The last four times Hamilton has started lower than fifth Race Started Finished 2014 Hungarian GP 22nd 3rd 2014 German GP 20th 3rd 2014 British GP 6th 1st 2014 Austrian GP 9th 2nd Watch the Chinese GP weekend - LIVE ONLY on Sky Sports F1. The race starts at 7am on Sunday, with build-up underway from 5.30am. Or watch without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Also See: Chinese GP talking points When is the Chinese GP on Sky? Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

The Anaheim Ducks have agreed to a one-year, $2
Top-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber claimed his fifth ATP World Tour trophy by defeating Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 6-2, 7-6 (4) in th

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz