one) and RW Damien Brunner (leg) each missed their sec

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 17.08.2018 03:55

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick is switching green jerseys -- and maybe trading his clipboard for a starting job. Markelle Fultz Jersey . The New York Jets signed the former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback to a one-year deal Friday, and released Mark Sanchez, the one-time face of the franchise. "I love competition and I love football," Vick said during a conference call Friday night. "And, I feel I have a lot of football left to play." Vick will present a real challenge to Jets starter Geno Smith, who played well down the stretch of his rookie season, but finished with 12 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. "As of right now," Vick said, "Genos the starting quarterback of this football team." But, Vick also made it clear that he still envisions himself as a starter. "I wouldnt say I would necessarily be OK with sitting on the bench all year," Vick said. "But, I know what I signed up for and I know what I came to New York to do." He said his first order of business is competing with Smith and helping the second-year quarterback along. "At the end of the day," Vick said, "Ill be content with it." Vick said he met Smith last year during the draft process and has stayed in touch since. He also acknowledged that he wont wear his familiar No. 7 with the Jets, saying it was Smiths number to keep. Vick was a free agent after spending the last five seasons with the Eagles. He will be reunited with Jets offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who helped the quarterback have the best season of his career in Philadelphia in 2010. Vick was plagued by injuries the last three years and lost the starting job last year to Nick Foles. "I want to personally wish Michael Vick and his family all the best as he heads into the next phase of his career," Eagles chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "I really enjoyed getting to know him over the last five years. He always represented our team with a tremendous amount of class." Vick thanked the Eagles, their fans and the city of Philadelphia in an open letter posted on The Philadelphia Inquirers website. "I was honoured to be their quarterback and took the privilege to heart every day," he wrote. Vick was considered the top quarterback available in this off-seasons free agent class, although he didnt garner much attention. Vick said he was sold on the Jets because he enjoyed the idea of being reunited with Mornhinweg and playing for Rex Ryan, an opportunity he always hoped for. "Hes a great talent whos won many games, including playoff games, in this league," Mornhinweg said of Vick in comments posted on the teams website. "He has the respect of both his teammates and opponents. Hes here in a role where hes going to compete and push Geno Smith to become the very best that he can be. Michael will be able to go in and play at a high level and a winning level if called upon." Vick, who had a solid start in Chip Kellys up-tempo offence, injured a hamstring in Week 5 last season. He was replaced by Foles, who led the Eagles to the NFC East title and was selected the Pro Bowl MVP. Despite losing the starting gig, Vick was praised by Kelly and team officials for being a leader in the locker room and maintaining an outstanding relationship with Foles and helping him through his second NFL season. "I have a lot left," Vick said. "Its evident with what I was able to do last year." The move by the Jets is reminiscent of the headline-making trade they made in 2008, when they acquired an unretired Brett Favre -- but as their unquestioned starter. The Vick signing also came two years to the day that the Jets made the stunning move to trade for Tim Tebow. Vick, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who will be 34 in June, was once considered the most dynamic player in the NFL, particularly during his first six NFL seasons with the Atlanta Falcons. His playing career was abruptly halted for two seasons in 2007 when he pleaded guilty to being part of a dog fighting ring. He served 21 months in federal prison, and two more in home confinement. Since his release in 2009, Vick has worked with the Humane Society of the United States to stop organized animal fighting. The move drew mixed reviews by Jets fans on Twitter and message boards, but that didnt concern Vick. "I appreciate all the Jets fans who appreciate me and accept me for who I am and what Ive become, not for what Ive done," Vick said. "Right now, my past is irrelevant." The Sanchez move came as no surprise, but completes a stunning downfall for the quarterback who once drew comparisons to Joe Namath after helping lead the Jets to consecutive AFC title games in 2009 and 2010. Sanchez struggled with consistency after that, and the lasting image of his time with the Jets came in 2012 when he fumbled after running into the backside of guard Brandon Moore. It was returned for a touchdown by New Englands Steve Gregory in front of a national television audience on Thanksgiving night and infamously labeled "The Butt Fumble." He spent last season on injured reserve after tearing the labrum in his right shoulder in a preseason game, clearing the way for Smith to start every game. Sanchez had three years remaining on his contract, but his $13.1 million salary cap number for next season -- and $2 million roster bonus due Tuesday -- made it unlikely the team would keep him at that amount. "Id like to thank Mark for everything hes done for this team and me personally," Ryan said in a statement issued by the team. "We were rookies together and had some early success, becoming the first rookie head coach-quarterback to go to back-to-back championship games. We experienced a lot together and I really appreciate Mark. "Hes a great player, a great teammate and I wish him nothing but the best." Timothe Luwawu Jersey . Today, he looks at the offensive line. 1. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (OT, McGill) You Should Know: Over the course of his university career, Duvernay-Tardifs commitments to medical school and the family business frequently limited him to one practice per week, yet he was still the Metras Trophy winner as the Top Lineman in CIS football in 2013. Dario Saric Jersey . A receiver doesnt make the catch on a passing play and instantly motions to the ref – and everybody else – for a pass interference flag. http://www.authentic76ersauthority.com/julius-erving-76ers-jersey-c-7/ . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs.NEWARK, N.J. -- Two days after being a healthy scratch against Buffalo, Matt Nieto had the perfect response for San Jose Sharks coach Todd McLellan. Nieto returned to the lineup and scored the game-winning goal at 6:20 of the third period and the Sharks defeated the New Jersey Devils 4-2 on Sunday. "Whenever you get a chance to be in the lineup, you have to have a positive impact and thats something I try to do whenever I am in," Nieto said. Nieto not only returned to the lineup, he replaced Brent Burns on the top line with Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski. It worked out just fine, with Nieto also getting a great chance in the first period, breaking in from the left boards. "Its so easy playing with those guys," said Nieto, who now has seven goals in 48 games and also played a key role as the Sharks killed off all four Devils power plays. "I just have to retrieve pucks for them, and when I get it to them, go to the net and get open." The winner came on a counterattack after goaltender Alex Stalock made five of his 21 saves, including a two-on-none save against Patrik Elias. Thornton made a pass from the left boards to Pavelski in the middle of the ice. He found Nieto coming down the right side and the forward ripped a shot into the top corner of the net. "I had a couple of chances in the first period and wasnt able to elevate the puck," Nieto said. "We knew in the pre-scout that we needed to get pucks high on this guy so I shot it high, and luckily it went by." McLellan said he was not sending Nieto a message by sitting him the previous game. He just wanted to get some other players in the lineup. The coach admitted, he got the message, if Nieto was sending him one. "We have to listen, too," he said. "He played well." Logan Couture and Raffi Torres also scored and U.S. Olympian Joe Pavelski had the primary assists on the tying and winning goals as the Sharks won for the fifth time in six games. They were 2-1 on the road trip after the Olympics. Patrick Marleau iceed the game with a breakaway goal with 2:25 to play, his 25th of the season. Jerryd Bayless Jersey. Adam Henrique and Patrik Elias scored for the Devils, who had a two-game, post-Olympic break winning streak snapped. Cory Schneider had 18 saves for New Jersey, which was playing its third game in four days. "We did a lot of good stuff," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. "We gave ourselves a chance under a tough circumstance to get points and it didnt happen." The Sharks and Devils took turns taking the lead in the second period that featured four goals. Couture and Torres, who returned to the Sharks lineup after the Olympic break, scored in the second period and each has three goals since returning. Henrique, who has four goals since the break, and Elias, who has two, tallied for the Devils. Couture snapped a scoreless tie at 3:26 of the period, putting in the rebound of a Marleau deflection into an open net. Schneider contributed to the goal by playing the puck poorly behind his own net to set up a point shot by Jason Demers. Henrique tied the score a little more than a minute later, depositing a nice cross-ice pass from the right corner by Steve Bernier into an open net for his career-best 18th goal. Elias put New Jersey ahead about 10 minutes later, deflecting a point shot by rookie defenceman Jon Merrill past Stalock. The lead stood for 92 seconds as Torres and Pavelski worked a beautiful give-and-go on a 2-on-1 break that led to Torres third goal. He missed the Sharks first 59 games while recovering from knee surgery. He scored twice in his debut against Philadelphia on Thursday and sat out Fridays game against Buffalo. NOTES: This was Larry Robinsons first game back at the Prudential Center since the former Devils assistant and head coach left to join Todd McLellens staff in San Jose. ... This was LW Ryane Clowes first game against the team that drafted him in 2001. ... Devils captain Bryce Salvador (collarbone) and RW Damien Brunner (leg) each missed their second straight game after being hurt on Thursday. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

y to record-holder Silvio Piolas 274. The 37-year-old Roma Totti had been out for a month due to
Wright (right hand). LB Kam Wimbley (left hamstring) and S Daimion Stafford also di

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz