Stone on a 2-on-1 when the Senators

#1 von elaine95 , 11.04.2019 04:02

UNIONDALE Riley Nash Jersey Womens , N.Y. (AP) — With the season coming down to the wire, the Philadelphia Flyers know that wins over division-leading teams such as the Islanders are not easy to come by.Well, now they’ve got two over New York in the last six days.James van Riemsdyk had a goal and an assist, helping the Flyers to a 5-2 win over the Islanders on Saturday night.Ryan Hartman, Sean Couturier, Nolan Patrick and Travis Konecny also scored for Philadelphia, which had a three-goal second period. Brian Elliott made 25 saves for his 10th victory of the season. Elliott’s performance was also bolstered by the 16 blocked shots the Flyers recorded.“I thought our guys really played well defensively,” Flyers coach Scott Gordon said. “The game that we played here last week I think we got lucky in the second period a few times Martin Hanzal Jersey Womens , but tonight this was probably one of our better defensive games. . With the exception of the last two plays at the net at the end of the game there, we had guys that were able to stop them from getting shots off.”The win helped Philadelphia inch closer to the final wild-card spot. They are seven points behind Pittsburgh and five behind Columbus and Montreal for one of two wild-card spots in the Eastern Conference.The Flyers are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games, which includes wins over the Islanders and Penguins.“We were really good defensively,” Jakub Voracek said about the Flyers’ effort. “We didn’t give up much. We eliminated their speed through the neutral zone.”Scott Mayfield and Nick Leddy scored for New York, and Thomas Greiss made 10 saves but gave up all five of the Flyers’ goals in 39:56 of action. Christopher Gibson made his first appearance since Dec. 6 in relief of Greiss in the third period and stopped 10 shots.The Islanders remained two points behind Washington for the Metropolitan Division lead. New York has struggled in its last five games, going 2-3-0 since defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-1 on Feb. 28. New York’s only two wins came against the struggling Ottawa Senators. The Islanders host Columbus on Monday night.“It’s not something we’re taking lightly,” Islanders captain Anders Lee said. “When there’s a rough patch and we’re coming in here talking a little bit too much about the streak. We just have to find a way to regroup tomorrow. We have a huge (game) on Monday.“This one is obviously awful. It stinks.”Van Riemsdyk scored with 3.1 seconds left in the first period to break a 1-1 tie. The Flyers forward was left alone in front of the net to clean up a puck that was initially stopped by Greiss.Philadelphia extended its lead to 3-1 at the 1:34 mark of the second period. Couturier fired a hard shot from the top of the left faceoff circle for his 28th goal of the season.The Flyers made it 4-1 when Patrick scored at 5:35 of the second. Konecny’s goal at 17:26 put Philadelphia up 5-1.Leddy scored to cut the Flyers’ lead to 5-2 with 3:32 remaining in the game.Mayfield gave the Islanders a 1-0 lead at the 6:30 mark of the first period after his shot was deflected into the net by the stick of Corban Knight. The goal was Mayfield’s first since Nov. 18 against Dallas.The Flyers evened the score on Hartman’s goal at 15:20 of the first. Ivan Provorov threw the puck at the net and Hartman was able to push the rebound by Greiss.Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk left early after being hit up high by Voracek. Boychuk was attended to on the ice for several minutes by a team trainer before going to the dressing room.As Boychuk was leaving the ice, he motioned at Voracek.“He’s getting off the ice and pointing at me like it’s Wrestlemania Anton Khudobin Jersey Womens ,” Voracek said. “Give me a break. We’ll see what happens next game.”THE ARCHITECTThe Islanders honored their late Hall of Fame general manager Bill Torrey before the start of the game. Members of Torrey’s family were on hand for a ceremonial puck drop and a tribute video was played in his honor.Torrey died on May 2, 2018, at his home in South Florida at the age of 83.He developed the Islanders into a dynasty that won four consecutive Stanley Cups from 1980-83.NOTES: Flyers G Carter Hart missed his sixth straight game. Flyers coach Scott Gordon told reporters that Hart was healthy. The Flyers goaltender missed the previous five games with a lower-body injury. … Islanders F Cal Clutterbuck missed his third consecutive game with an upper-body injury. Clutterbuck was injured last Sunday in the Islanders’ 4-1 loss to Philadelphia. … The Flyers made their second appearance of the season at the Nassau Coliseum on Saturday. Philadelphia has played four regular-season or preseason games against the Islanders at the Nassau Coliseum since the building was reopened in 2017, the most for any team in the NHL. … The Islanders scratched D Thomas Hickey, D Luca Sbisa, D Dennis Seidenberg, F Andrew Ladd and F Ross Johnston. … The Flyers scratched D Samuel Morin and D Andrew MacDonald.UP NEXTIslanders: Host Columbus on Monday night at Nassau Coliseum.Flyers: Host Ottawa on Monday night. OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — Torey Krug felt like the Boston Bruins were “still in their pre-game nap” during their game against the Ottawa Senators.Tuukka Rask helped the Bruins stick around Wade Megan Jersey Womens , and Krug gave Boston the jolt it needed for a road victory.Krug took a cross-crease pass from David Krejci and beat Mike McKenna with a one-timer 3:07 into overtime to lift the Bruins over the Ottawa Senators 2-1 on Sunday night.“It was a tough game for us,” Krug said. “It took us a while to wake up there.”Krug deferred credit to Krejci on the winner.“It’s a highly, highly skilled player making a great pass,” Krug said. “He sees things that other guys can’t see, even from up in the press box. He made a great play and I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of it.”Brad Marchand had the regulation goal for the Bruins (16-10-4), and Rask made 27 saves.Mark Stone scored in regulation for the Senators (13-14-4), who got a career-best 42-save performance from McKenna, including a diving two-pad stack save against Sean Kuraly in overtime.The third period finished with a frantic seven minutes Tobias Rieder Jersey Womens , starting with a game-saving glove save by Rask against Stone on a 2-on-1 when the Senators were short-handed and a delayed penalty was coming to the Bruins.McKenna stopped Marchand in close before turning aside David Pastrnak on a breakaway. McKenna stopped 14 shots in the third period as the Bruins outshot Ottawa 14-4.“I felt like myself and I felt like I’ve had a lot of good work leading up to this to be ready for it,” McKenna said. “Credit to our goalie coaching, credit to my teammates and all that, but I felt like myself out there. It might have been the most (saves) in the NHL, but I’ve had games like that in other places before.”Stone put Ottawa on the board 12:51 into the first who he one-timed a circle-to-circle pass from Colin White.The Senators failed to capitalize on a 5-on-3 advantage for one minute, including the final 50 seconds of the first period.Marchand tied it at 1, beating McKenna at 7:49 of the second period as the Senators played a man short following an instigator penalty to Ben Harpur.NOTES: Dylan DeMelo and Christian Jaros were scratches for the Senators while Noel Acciari, Jake Debrusk and Jeremy Lauzon were scratches for the Bruins. … After sweeping the season-series against the Bruins two years ago Mike Hoffman Jersey Womens , the Senators have lost seven straight against Boston, including their two previous meetings this season.UP NEXTBruins: Host Arizona on Tuesday night.Senators: Open a three-game trip Tuesday night at Nashville.

elaine95  
elaine95

the Detroit Red Wings past the Vegas Golden Knights
authentic-adidas-jamie-benn-jersey

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz