QUEBEC - Canadas Adonis Stevenson says he is ready to take on anyone in the light heavyweight division. [url=http://www.soccerne

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 23.05.2018 08:07

QUEBEC - Canadas Adonis Stevenson says he is ready to take on anyone in the light heavyweight division. Ron Vlaar Jersey .The Montreal fighter, who some have accused of ducking big fights, took care of business Friday night with a fifth-round knockout of quirky Russian Dmitry Sukhotsky to retain his World Boxing Council title and set up what could be much bigger bouts in 2015.I made a statement tonight that I can knock anybody out, the 37-year-old Stevenson said. This guys ranked 4th in the world. Hes not an easy opponent. Hes ranked. Hed never been knocked out and I knocked him out.Stevenson (25-1) jabbed and poked at the cautious Sukhotsky (22-3) through four rounds before the southpaw floored him with a crushing left in the fifth. Another left had him down again and a third finished the fight at the 2:42 mark.At the start, it was tough because he has a bizarre style, said Stevenson. But I used my jab, my movement and I stayed patient. I didnt force it. I knew I had the knockout punch, so I didnt have to rush.It was a bout Stevenson was expected to win, but things may not be as easy in the new year.The WBC ruled last week that Stevenson, if he kept the title, must make a mandatory defence against the winner of a bout March 14 in Montreal between Jean Pascal and Sergey (Krusher) Kovalev.Pascal is the former WBC champion from Montreal, while Kovalev may be the only light heavyweight who can match Stevensons power. Kovalev also holds the titles from the three other main sanctioning bodies, the WBA, the WBO and the IBF, thanks to a victory last month over veteran Bernard Hopkins.Stevenson was supposed to fight Kovalev this year, but his plans changed when he hired manager Al Haymon, hoping to get the fight with Hopkins that eventually went to Kovalev.That prompted accusations that he was ducking Kovalev. Pascal joined in the chorus when attempts to arrange a showdown with Stevenson also fell through.I dont have a problem, said Stevenson. Im the man. Im the linear champion. They have to come to me. Just talk to (promoter) Yvon Michel and itll happen. Ill take (all) the titles.Michel said Stevenson will fight in early April to stay sharp for the bout with the Pascal-Kovalev winner later in the year. He hopes it will be against Andrzej Fonfara, who took Stevenson to 12 rounds in his last bout in May.He said Stevenson hurt a hand ahead of that fight and wasnt at his best, and now wants another crack at knocking the Polish fighter out.In another bout, Ionut (Jojo) Dan (34-2), a Romanian based in Montreal, pulled off a feat by winning a second split decision in the hometown of opponent Kevin Bizier (22-2) in a wild welterweight battle. Dan also won by split decision in November, 2013 in Quebec City.The win gave Dan the top ranking in the IBF and made him mandatory challenger to British champion Kell Brook.I think it was a better fight than last year, said Dan, who is open to a third fight with Bizier but hopes to get a world title shot first. Me and Bizier left our souls in the ring.The crowd booed the decision. Bizier knocked Dan down with a right in the seventh, but Dan bounced back and consistently outscored the Quebec City fighter the rest of the way, opening a cut over his right eye. Rising light heavyweight prospect Artur Beterbiev (7-0) visited the canvas for the first time at the end of the first round, then knocked down American Jeff Page Jr. (15-1) three times in the second to unify three continental titles.Trainer Marc Ramsay said Beterbiev, a Montreal-based Russian, lost his balance on the knockdown and there was no panic as his fighter dropped Page with a straight right and then finished him with another right hand in the second.American southpaw Andre Dirrell (24-1), on a comeback from a brain injury in 2010, took the No. 2 ranking in the IBF with a 12-round unanimous decision over hardheaded Derek Edwards (27-4-1). Dirrell hammered Edwards repeatedly with lefts, but couldnt knock him down or even make a noticeable mark on him. Stevenson knocked out Edwards in three rounds in 2011.Former Canadian amateur champion Custio Clayton got a tougher opponent than expected in his pro debut, but the Dartmouth, N.S., boxer still dominated.Clayton showed off his snapping jab and quick hands in a four-round light middleweight victory over Frenchman Sophyan Haoud.Two judges gave him all four rounds while the third scored it 39-37, with Haoud having his best moments in the third.Normally, boxers in their first pro fight are given easy opponents, but Haoud (3-3-1) showed he could take a punch and was on the attack from the opening bell.We didnt want to pick one that was too easy, said Clayton, who reached the quarter-finals at the 2012 Olympics in London. Ive been around for a while, and with my experience, I figured a nice tough fight for my first one would be good.He was a good fighter. Very tough.Promoter Yvon Michel, who signed Clayton to a three-year contract in November, feels he was Canadas best amateur since Stevenson.Another fighter who dominated in his pro debut was Montreal-based Russian super-bantamweight Vislan Dalkhaev, who showed an impressive jab while mauling 36-year-old Csaba Toth (13-25-1) of Hungary over four rounds.Light middleweight Sebastien Bouchard (9-1) of Baie-St-Paul, Que., stopped Cedric Spera (11-3) of Belgium in six rounds. Daryl Janmaat Jersey . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri. Tonny Vilhena Jersey . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. http://www.soccernetherlandsshop.us/Kenny-Tete-Netherland-Jersey/ . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes.Regina, SK - The first week of the 2014 CFL regular season draws to a close tonight when the defending Grey Cup Champion Saskatchewan Roughriders take the field against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Mosaic Stadium. Watch the action live on TSN and TSN GO at 7pm et/4pm pt. This is a replay of the 101st Grey Cup from November, when the Roughriders delivered a convincing 45-23 thrashing of Hamilton in front of nearly 45,000 fans. The Riders, led by head coach Corey Chamblin, would like nothing more than to get off to the same type of start that they had a year ago when they rattled off five straight victories and captured eight of the first nine outings overall. The team did stumble slightly down the stretch with back-to-back defeats to close out the regular season and suffered a four-game slide during the month of September, but the club proved to be resilient, finishing 11-7 overall, but taking home the Grey Cup when all was said and done. The third-leading passer in terms of yards last season with 4,154, Darian Durant is back under center for Saskatchewan as it begins the quest for back- to-back titles, something that has happened only once in the last 15 years. Durant, who has been with the Riders for his entire nine-year CFL career, tossed a personal best 31 touchdowns and finished with an efficiency rating of 95.7. In 2013, Durant had a trio of top-notch receivers who he relied heavily on, but one of those, Weston Dressler has since signed with the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL, leaving Chris Getzlaf and Taj Smith to carry more of the load this time around. All three posted at least 1,000 yards through the air, with Dressler leading the way with nine touchdowns. However, Getzlaf and Smith both landed in the end zone seven times and the former averaged a hefty 16.6 yards per catch. Another major change for the Riders is the departure of running back Kory Sheets, the most valuable player of the Grey Cup, as he signed with the NFLs Oakland Raiders. Sheets was second in the league with 1,598 yards and tied for the lead with 12 rushing scores, which means theres a huge void to be filled in the backfield for the club. A couple of newcomers, Keith Toston and Anthony Allen will be tasked with producing on the ground moving forward. Saskatchewan has to be pleased with the fact that they owned the toughest scoring defense in the CFL a year ago, allowing only 22.1 ppg, but that wont be easy to duplicaate after losing Alex Hall. Custom Netherlands Jerseys. . The defensive lineman placed second in the league with 16 sacks, but like many successful CFL performers, he too has latched on with an NFL squad (the Carolina Panthers) for the time being. On other side, the Tiger-Cats were the opposite of Saskatchewan through the first month of last season, winning just a single game in five tries. But the group did finish strong with four wins in five opportunities before, putting up a 10-8 mark, before defeating Montreal and Toronto in the playoffs. Kent Austin, the head coach, general manager and vice president of football operations for Hamilton, does have a major issue to clear up this time around with respect to his quarterback. Last year he watched Henry Burris tear up defenses for a league-best 4,927 yards, but this time around he will have to find a leader in either Zach Collaros, Dan LeFevour or Jeremiah Masoli. Collaros has the most experience of the three after spending a couple of years with Toronto, but he is still a major work in progress. LeFevour finished with almost as many rushing yards (317) as passing (394) with the Cats last year while Masoli attempted a grand total of just two passes for the program in 2013. At least for this week, it doesnt help that receiver Andy Fantuz is on the injured list, because he was one of the top pass catchers in the game with 65 grabs for 896 yards. That leaves Bakari Grant as the primary focus down the field after he posted 69 receptions for 947 yards, but a mere two touchdowns a year ago. Running back C.J. Gable is capable of adding another dimension to the offense, having gained 782 yards and scored seven times on 130 carries in his first CFL campaign, but the squad will have to be careful not to run him into the ground too early. From a defensive perspective, there is plenty of work to be done for the Tiger-Cats after they finished with a minus-13 in the turnover department. The squad logged just 14 interceptions, second-fewest behind only a hapless Winnipeg group, which they turned into a league-low 142 return yards. Hamilton was also last in the CFL in sacks with just 35. Stretching back to 1961 and focusing only on games that took place during the regular season, Saskatchewan holds a slight advantage in the series with the Cats at 42-38-4. The Riders have taken four of the last five and a startling 17 of the last 20 matchups with Hamilton. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. [url=http://www.nbawarriorsauthority.com/tim-hardaway-warriors-jersey-c- 13/]Tim Hardaway Jersey[/url] . -- Je
BALTIMORE -- For those who wonder whether the Tampa Bay Rays got enough in return for former Cy Young winner David Price, the an

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz