Hes thrown for 1,185 yards

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 10.10.2018 04:03

ST. Claudio Marchisio Jersey . LOUIS -- Tampa Bay pitcher Alex Cobb threw 10 pitches off the mound on Tuesday and was unhappy. "It was horrible," Cobb said. "I was not looking forward to coming into tonight." However, he was very glad he made the start Wednesday night. Cobb struck out 10 and drove in a run with his first major league hit, leading the Rays to a 3-0 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, the Rays seventh straight win. Cobb (6-6) blanked the Cardinals on five hits over seven innings. It was the fourth time this season he has thrown at least seven innings without an earned run. Cobb missed 50 games last season with a concussion after he was hit near the right ear by a line drive off the bat of Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer. "Tonight was the best Ive felt on the mound hands down since Ive come back and even before that," Cobb said. "When my mechanics are right, all my pitches play off each other." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny agreed. "You could tell right from the top, he had a good split working today," Matheny said. "The guys had trouble laying off it below the zone. Their timing was right on it and it was just disappearing below the bat. He was locked in with it." All three Tampa Bay pitchers were locked in, finishing with 15 strikeouts. Jake McGee pitched the ninth inning for his ninth save in 10 opportunities. The Rays have won 25 of their last 36 games and are 13-4 in July. On June 29, they had the worst record in the majors and have passed 11 teams since. Tampa Bay completed its road trip at 5-0 and its eight-game road winning streak ties the franchise record set twice. The loss was the third straight for the Cardinals. "We played well. We had a great vibe in the dugout," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. St. Louis starter Lance Lynn (11-7) had won three straight and was 4-1 in his last five home starts. He struck out seven and gave up six hits in 6 1-3 innings. Lynn walked three, hit a batter and threw a wild pitch but stranded seven runners in the first five innings. "I threw the ball well, I just gave up a couple too many with the way he was throwing the ball," Lynn said. "Some nights, you get outpitched." Tampa Bay pitchers, hitting eighth, drove in the first runs in both games of the short series. On Tuesday, Rays pitcher Jake Odorizzi drove in the first run with a safety squeeze bunt. Cobb was not to be outdone. He picked up his first career hit in eight at-bats when he doubled down the first base line with two outs in the second inning to give Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead. "That was the coolest thing Ive done in my big league career," Cobb said. "I was kind of secretly hoping it was going to be a 1-0 win." In the fourth, Cobb was hit on the right elbow by a fastball. "Honestly, my initial thought was I had broken my elbow," Cobb said. "Id never been hit by a 94 mile an hour (pitch) before. Once I got on first base, it wasnt hurting. It was like getting hit on your funny bone." Maddon was worried. "I told him I didnt want to miss his bat," Maddon quipped. "I had so many different thoughts. He didnt wince and there no hesitation on his part." Tampa Bay made it 2-0 in the seventh with an unearned run. After a one-out single by Desmond Jennings, St. Louis second baseman Kolten Wong mishandled a possible double play grounder to chase Lynn. Randy Choate walked pinch-hitter Brandon Guyer to load the bases. Evan Longoria drove in the run with a sacrifice fly off Seth Maness. The Rays added a run in the ninth on an RBI single by Guyer. After the first inning Cardinals third base coach Jose Oquendo left two packages of crackers for Tampa Bay catcher Jose Molina on home plate. They were from Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina, who is on the disabled list with torn ligaments in his right thumb. Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar was ejected in the fourth inning. Escobar, who was leading off, vehemently argued with home plate umpire Dan Bellino, who called him out on a 3-2 pitch. Logan Forsythe replaced Escobar and played second base with Ben Zobrist moving to shortstop. NOTES: Rams Pro Bowl P Johnny Hekker threw out first pitch. ... Cobbs hit was the first by a Rays pitcher this season. ... The Cardinals activated P Kevin Siegrist from the 15-day DL. He missed 52 games since May 24 with a left forearm strain. St. Louis optioned P Nick Greenwood to Triple-A Memphis. ... One day after outpitching Adam Wainwright, Odorizzi got to visit with his boyhood hero at the batting cage Wednesday. "He just said hello and a nice-to-meet-you sort of thing," said Odorizzi, who is from nearby Highland, Illinois. "We talked pitching a little bit, talked shop. Hes a really nice guy." Sami Khedira Jersey . - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. Mattia Caldara Jersey . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Gianluigi-Buffon-Jersey/ .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner.PHILADELPHIA - Get ready for another week of Michael Vick or Nick Foles. Given ample opportunity to squash a quarterback controversy, Chip Kelly chose to be evasive. So, the debate continues for the Philadelphia Eagles. Foles filled in nicely for an injured Vick for the second straight week, leading the Eagles (3-3) to a 31-20 win over winless Tampa Bay on Sunday. Next up is a showdown with Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys (3-3) at home. Sole possession of first place in the NFC East is at stake. Will Foles start again or will it be Vick? Kelly fielded 11 straight questions about his QBs during his Monday news conference without giving any definite answers. "Until we know what the health is, Im not saying what anybody or anybody is," Kelly said. "All our decisions on who is going to play is based on health." Vick strained his left hamstring late in the second quarter of a win at the New York Giants last week. Foles stepped in and threw for 197 yards and two touchdowns. The second-year pro was even better against the Buccaneers, passing for 296 yards and three TDs and running in for a score. Before he was injured, Vick was playing well, too. Hes thrown for 1,185 yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions, and has 307 yards rushing and two more scores. "All of our decisions are made on whats going to give us the best opportunity to win," Kelly said. "And we have to put healthy guys on the field and make sure we can get a scheme together thats going to help us beat the Cowboys." Issues like this can divide a locker room with teammates choosing sides. Vick and Foles have both said all the right things and been supportive of one another. "I dont see any divisions or one side going one way or another side going another," Kelly said. "Mike wasnt 100 per cent on Sunday, and Nick did an outstanding job. And I said when this whole thing started, we were fortunate that we had two quarterbacks and it showed already this season that youve got to have two really good quarterbacks to win in this league and thatss what I feel we are right now. Andrea Barzagli Jersey. " Running back LeSean McCoy made it seem that Kelly told the team Vick is the starter when hes healthy. "Mike is the starter, Coach Kelly made that clear, but if he needs Nick to step in and make some plays then hell do that," McCoy said after the win in Tampa Bay. "Mikes the guy we go with, hes the starting quarterback, no matter what the town says or what the outsiders want. Its Coach Kellys call and thats the call hes made." But Kelly disputed McCoys statement. "I have no idea what hes talking about," he said. "Me and LeSean, we didnt talk about anything like that after the game so I dont know where the reference of after the game, I said that, so I dont know." Vick was limited in practice last week, but he was active against the Buccaneers as the No. 3 quarterback. Hamstring injuries are tricky and running is a major part of Vicks game so perhaps an extra week of rest would help. Kelly has no reason to rush Vick back since Foles has played so well. The Eagles have saved their season, have won consecutive games, and there is a feel-good vibe surrounding the club. So the coach has every reason to play it smart. Foles has completed 67.2 per cent of his passes for 542 yards, six TDs, zero interceptions and has a passer rating of 127.9. "I think Mikes legs are a big, important part of his game and thats part of the decision in terms of what he is and what he can do and his effectiveness," Kelly said. "Just how does he run around and how is he in practice, can he execute the way we need him to execute." Vick will get his first chance this week to prove hes ready to go when the Eagles return to practice on Tuesday. __ NOTES: LT Jason Peters, S Patrick Chung and RB Chris Polk each have shoulder injuries and arent expected to practice fully on Tuesday. ... Eagles signed WR B.J. Cunningham and released TE Emil Igwenagu. ___ Online: AP NFL site: http://pro32.ap.org/ ___ Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_RobMaaddi Cheap Bosnia Herzegovina Soccer Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Cheap Austria Soccer Jerseys Cheap Australia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Danmark Soccer Jerseys Cheap Ecuador Soccer Jerseys Cheap Egypt Soccer Jerseys Cheap England Soccer Jerseys Cheap Finland Soccer Jerseys Cheap France Soccer Jerseys Cheap Germany Soccer Jerseys Cheap Ghana Soccer Jerseys Cheap Greece Soccer Jerseys Cheap Argentina Soccer Jerseys Cheap Netherlands Soccer Jerseys Cheap Honduras Soccer Jerseys Cheap Hungary Soccer Jerseys Cheap Iceland Soccer Jerseys Cheap Indonesia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Iraq Soccer Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

But I guess hes not
In the second half

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz