Second-seeded David Ferrer advanced on WWednesday.

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 11.09.2018 06:40

VANCOUVER -- Steve Yzerman can add another honour to his impressive resume. D.J. Fluker Jersey . The former Detroit Red Wings captain was named to the Order of Hockey in Canada on Wednesday along with former womens national team captain France St-Louis and legendary university coach Clare Drake. Yzerman, who was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2009, won three Stanley Cups during his 22-year playing career. Now the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Yzerman won gold with Canada as a player at the 2002 Olympics and served as the executive director of the gold-medal winning mens team at the 2010 Games in Vancouver. The 48-year-old has the same post heading into next months Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "It was an extremely pleasant surprise for me and really a thrill," Yzerman said during a conference call with all three recipients. "Ive loved being a part of Hockey Canada as a player and (in) management throughout my career in the game." The Ottawa native played five times for Canada at the world championships and was part of the countrys bronze medal-winning team at the 1983 world juniors. As a manager, he has also led Canada to three world championship medals -- two gold and one silver. Yzerman sits sixth all-time in NHL scoring with 1,755 points, ninth in goals (692) and seventh in assists (1,063). "Steve Yzermans career was unbelievable," said Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson, who was on hand to make the announcement. "One of the best to ever play the game." Yzerman was nominated for the award by New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather, who coached him on the gold medal-winning 1984 Canada Cup team. "When he spoke about Steve, (Sather) was just saying that Steve was really a mentor for young general managers coming into the league," said Nicholson. "You just watch how hard he works, how he communicates to other general managers and how he communicates to his players." St-Louis, meanwhile, won five world championship gold medals in the 1990s and was the captain of Canadas silver medal-winning team at the 1998 Olympics. "When you receive a call from Bob Nicholson it might be good or bad news," St-Louis said with a laugh. "I was very happy to hear this announcement. "I realize how fortunate I am to be part of such an impressive group." Nicholson said the 55-year-old from Laval, Que. -- who will serve as Canadas assistant chef de mission in Sochi -- is revered in hockey circles in her home province. "(She) was such a leader," said Nicholson. "In Montreal shes seen as the Jean Beliveau of female hockey." Drakes credentials are equally impressive. The winningest coach in Canadian university hockey history with 697 career victories, he led the University of Alberta to six national titles. Drake also coached in the NHL and WHA, as well as internationally with both the mens and womens program. "Ive followed the work of Hockey Canada and I know the effort so many people have put into the game -- and I guess Im considered one of them," said the 86-year-old native of Yorkton, Sask. "I feel humble about that and its just a very big honour for me. Im very pleased about it." Nicholson said Drakes contribution to coaching in Canada cant be understated. "He was involved in the Olympics in 1980 but at the University of Alberta he really mentored Dave King, George Kingston, Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, Tom Rennie ... the list just goes on an on," said Nicholson. "His record at U of A was something special." Drake was inducted into Canadas Sports Hall of Fame in 1989 and was appointed to the Order of Canada in 2013. "Our teams have always been quite consistent," said Drake of the national program. "Weve won quite a bit and weve lost occasionally, but weve never been one of those teams or organizations that were up for two or three years and down for two or three years." Yzerman, St-Louis and Drake will be honoured at a ceremony in Vancouver in June. The class of 2014 joins previous inductees Jean Beliveau, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Gordon Renwick, Paul Henderson, Dave King and Mark Messier. Candidates for the Order of Hockey Canada are chosen "on the basis of their outstanding contributions or service to the growth and development of the sport of hockey in Canada." Will Dissly Jersey . Ricciardo made it only halfway around the Jerez track before his RB10 rolled to a stop and began spouting smoke from the back. After team mechanics tended to the car, Ricciardo went back out for a mere two trips around the circuit before calling it quits. Custom Seattle Seahawks Jerseys . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. http://www.theseahawksnflfanatic.com/c-88-seahawks-dontae-johnson-jersey.aspx .Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 13:47 of the third period and Nashville beat the slumping Dallas Stars 3-2 on Thursday in a game that wasnt decided until the last shot of the night.RIO DE JANEIRO - Rafael Nadal showed no problem with his tender back in his second match since returning from the injury, defeating fellow Spaniard Albert Montanes 6-1, 6-2 to reach the quarterfinals of the Rio Open on Thursday. The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. A year ago he used the Latin American swing to test his recovery from an injured left knee. Nadal seemed to move freely against Montanes and wore a large, blue elastic bandage on his lower back as a precaution. "The back, well, its bothering me a little," Nadal said. "Right now its not hurting my game, but Im serving a little more gently than Im used to doing." Nadal said he pushed his recovery "a little bit" to play in Rio, after pulling out of the tournament the week before in Buenos Aires. "I am here and very happy being here," he said. "When you get an injury in the final of a Grand Slam, and you stop (playing/practicing) for 2 1/2 weeks, the comeback is not easy." Asked if nagging injuries might force an early retirement, the 27-year-old joked a bit before getting serious. "I cant predict the future, but my intention is to play many years," he said. In the other key mens match, third-seeded Fabio Fognini reached the last eight beating Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-3. Second-seeded David Ferrer advanced on WWednesday. Rasheem Green Seahawks Jersey. Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine advanced to his second quarterfinals of the year, beating Facundo Bagnis of Argentina 6-7 (4), 6-2, 7-6 (4). Dolgopolov said he hadnt considered leaving the tournament to return to his Kyiv birthplace, where more than 100 people have died in anti-government protests this week. Government snipers killed at least 70 on Thursday. "Its sad. I cant do much, but just support," he said. "Whoever is right doesnt matter now when people are dying." Dolgopolov, who lives in the wealthy European enclave of Monte Carlo, said he was lucky to have the chance to make money playing tennis. "Obviously I would like the people in the (Ukraine) to feel better. If I could, I would change that," he said. On the womens side of the combined ATP-WTA event, fifth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan and Lourdes Dominguez Lino of Spain set up a quarterfinal matchup after second-round wins. Nara defeated Anna-Lena Friedsam of Germany 6-0, 7-6 (3), and was in sight of her first WTA semifinals. Dominguez Lino beat Chanelle Scheepers of South Africa 2-6, 7-6 (7), 6-1. Nara said she likes the hot weather in Rio and is getting used to the clay. "Now I like the clay court," she said. "Last year, I didnt like it." Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania also made the last eight, as did Brazils Teliana Pereira. She is the first Brazilian woman in 23 years to crack the WTAs top 100. The last was Andrea Vieira. Brazils most famous womens player is Maria Bueno, who won seven Grand Slams singles titles, the last at the US Open in 1966. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

six minutes remaining. The Rams started both of their first-round picks,
Cheap Bills Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.cheapdolphinsjerseys.net/]Cheap Dolphins Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.cheappatriotsje

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz